Moar Units Mod

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

Inasmuchas I added one and it was working until the namespace changed. I did need MOAR Units to load first and that was working for people before this change to the title of MOAR Units.

<References>
<Mod id="8342b98d-80c7-4002-87bb-419646bd9b54" title="Moar Units" />
</References>

but at this point, it could be just as simple as my mod being loaded into the database second via RNG.

Why would people want to use <References> rather than <Dependencies> e.g. ?
<Dependencies>
<Mod id="3809975F-263F-40A2-A747-8BFB171D821A" title="PolandDLC" />
</Dependencies>

Dependencies always load first.

because then you can't use your mod alone, it requires the mod its depending on. It's fine when making a compatibility mod for R.E.D/ Moar Units with dependency on both for example, but not for R.E.D alone.

If I could use reference, I wouldn't need the compatibility mod, everything would be in the main mod, referencing the mods that has to be loaded first (but doesn't require to be installed/activated)

@MadDjinn : see https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mod-component-file-load-order-as-of-winter-patch.608496/ but I've not tested what may have changed in the "summer" patch.

Why would people want to use <References> rather than <Dependencies> e.g. ?
<Dependencies>
<Mod id="3809975F-263F-40A2-A747-8BFB171D821A" title="PolandDLC" />
</Dependencies>

Dependencies always load first.

As @Gedemon said, I don't need your mod for mine to work. I just need to add a tiny update to move one archer unit in your mod so that it doesn't break when both mods are used. But your mod has to run first. Hence not dependent, but rather referenced.

anywhom.. double checking everything it is indeed a load order RNG silliness at work.. references aren't working in either modbuddy or game.

So I switched to an sql statement to move the archery based units (future proofing added units) and put my load order at about 10000.

"Hetairoi - Horsemen replacement that's heavy cavalry." Sounds familiar! ;) I guess I'll need to find a new UU for Greece!

There if typo in Minuteman description:
Code:
Also gains additional +5 [ICON_Strength] is fighting in Forest or Jungle.

Is this a bug? There's no rider. Cataphract Unit

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    3 MB · Views: 125
Same here. Seems to apply to random horse units and stick to particular ones for the rest of the game.
20170320210017_1.jpg 20170323115422_1.jpg 20170323122133_1.jpg

Is this a bug? There's no rider. Cataphract Unit

Same here. Seems to apply to random horse units and stick to particular ones for the rest of the game.
View attachment 467887 View attachment 467888 View attachment 467889

Even Moar Units:Hooves and Holy War was broken by the Australian Summer patch so I wouldn't advise using it. I had a go at fixing it but making the re-use of DLC art work has not been possible. So I wouldn't advise using it as the art won't work properly. Sorry about that.

Even Moar Units:Hooves and Holy War was broken by the Australian Summer patch so I wouldn't advise using it. I had a go at fixing it but making the re-use of DLC art work has not been possible. So I wouldn't advise using it as the art won't work properly. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the info. Btw can u make a seperate mods that adds mortar unit not replacing machine gun?

I`m guessing the new patch makes the moar unit mods unplayable for now. Starting a new game with civ 6 vanilla + Quick UI mod.

I`m guessing the new patch makes the moar unit mods unplayable for now. Starting a new game with civ 6 vanilla + Quick UI mod.

Seems to work fine. I just need to upload some rebalancing changes now that Swordsman has dropped down to 36 Combat Strength.

Awesome love the SAS design, i was actually going to ask if you had any character model ideas for modern infantry rather than mechanized infantry, prefer to see boots on the ground.

I would like to ask if there is a version of this mod that includes only the general extra units and not the uniques, because I want some additional units like riflemen, but I don't want all civs to have I-don't-know-how-many unique units.

Awesome love the SAS design, i was actually going to ask if you had any character model ideas for modern infantry rather than mechanized infantry, prefer to see boots on the ground.

Yes, Firaxis helpfully left some unused models in the SDK Assets such as a Mech Infantry Rifle so it looks like at one point there were planning to have some modern foot infantry. I've made them into a separate .blp and they are re-colourable so people can reuse them.

I would like to ask if there is a version of this mod that includes only the general extra units and not the uniques, because I want some additional units like riflemen, but I don't want all civs to have I-don't-know-how-many unique units.

There isn't such a version at present, but it wouldn't be too hard for someone to make one seeing as it is just deleting stuff. I-don't-know-how-many unique units = 3 per Civ (except for the newly released DLC Civs Persia and Macedon).

Top Bottom