1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

Adds 10 general units and 2 additional unique units for each Civilization.

Tags:
  1. agm89

agm89 Chieftain

I reinstalled exactly as you showed. Each time I was asked to overwrite the appropriate files, and did so. Started Civ and same missing art model for Spain Jinete.

The Moar_Units files that are to go in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods, should those be loose or in the Moar_Units folder? I've tried both methods, and doesn't seem to make any difference.

2. JafarsBazaar

JafarsBazaar Chieftain

Love this mod, really felt cheated that many of the eras of time were lacking pivotal unites of that time, for example Riflemen. Glad you saw that and addressed the issue. I've been playing a game with your mod currently and have a few suggestions. I'm playing as England, and I noticed the Longbowman units have a range of 2. Longbow units should have a range of 3. It's in their name, and that was how it was done in Civ 5. My other suggestions to fill in the gaps that I mentioned earlier would be as follows. Add a Lancer unit from Civ 5. Pikeman would upgrade to this unit. Also add Marines for Modern era, as well as Paratroopers. Thank you for the work you are doing on this mod, keep it up!

FangoriousFae likes this.
  3. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

They should be in a folder within Mods called "MOAR_Units". Provided the updated Civ6.dep file that references Units_Moar.artdef and Units_Moar.artdef itself are in place then the art should show up. Not sure what else to suggest I'm afraid. Apparently it is working for other people OK.

4. FORWAR

FORWAR Chieftain

Hello Deliverator, could you add some more units to India?

The Pindari:

Sepoy.

Having tried to insert images its seems it isn't allowing me to enter any links.

The mod which has these units of course are with JFD. Its a Maratha Confederacy mod for civ 5.

5. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Wrong, it's a mod by More Civilizations. (or at least published under that name)

6. anansethespider

anansethespider Warlord

Hey Deliverator, I'm obviously a huge fan :) but I made a couple changes to your mod for adaptation into mine and I wanted to talk about them here.

Mainly, I reduced the strength of all your horsemen UUs and gave them maintenance. Right now the horseman is easily the most powerful unit in the early game by a wide margin. Giving civs like Russia a potentially ~45 power free maintenance horseman would push things too far IMO. I would recommend that you up the maintenance to prevent absolute unit spam, and maybe reduce the power a bit so that civs using spearmen to "counter" horses don't get totally dominated.

7. bald cheese

bald cheese Chieftain

Hey I'm loving this mod so far however I did the Art asset installation as described and none of the art styles are showing up. They all look like warriors. I know some other people have had this problem so I was wondering if there was a video where someone shows how to get the art styles properly installed

8. Vognir

Vognir Chieftain

You should do a wonders mod. I miss Notre dame

9. BenchBreaker

BenchBreaker Warlord

Some unit upgrades like pikeman->AT and Horseman->Cavalry, Quadrireme -> frigate, Scout -> Ranger are 3 eras apart

I suggest adding Halberdier, Lancer, Galleas and Explorer to fill in the gap

Other ideas include composite bowman, horse archer, long swordsman, arquebusier, fusilier, grenadier, sniper, landship, trebuchet

10. mal_man

mal_man Chieftain

Is there any way to add paratroopers to the game? I think it's kind of silly once you have planes that units can't move around faster. How is it that we can build a colony on mars but we can't orbitally drop units? At the very least, we should be able to drop units without the need for an airport at the destination. And I think there ought to be better progression for the scout. Like maybe scout>explorer>ranger/paratrooper>xcom (or something along those lines). Xcom might be too much until the next dlc comes out that will probably add more future tech stuff.

11. YuenHsiaoTieng

YuenHsiaoTieng Chieftain

Everything is working for me except the portraits. Now I have a mystery to solve of why that alone wouldn't work.

12. Gunteraz

Gunteraz Chieftain

Great mod!

However there's a problem with Garde Republicaine, it is supposed to replace Mech.Infantry but it actually replaces ordinary Infantry which is a big deal.

13. RandV

RandV Chieftain

I was playing a game as England with this, and I had no upgrade path to Redcoats. I'm not sure how the order is supposed to go with vanilla England, but with this mod enabled Mustketmen upgraded straight to Riflemen, while Redcoats could only be trained.

14. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

@RandV Not all UUs are replacements. In the Vanilla game Redcoats are not a replacement for Musketmen but an addition to. The Civilopedia entry will list whether a UU is a replacement for another unit. Also whether a generic unit, in this case Musketman, can upgrade to or from the UU.

15. ctudor

ctudor Chieftain

really like the mod.

1 thing though, is it possible to add a new unit in the information era: Drone, that replaces the observation balloon. something like more view range, invisible unless adjacent to another unit and ofc leave the +1 xtra range modifier.

16. Deliverator

At the moment the mod has to re-use portraits of existing vanilla units because there is no way to import 2D art into the game yet.

17. Deliverator

James009 likes this.
  18. daliwest

daliwest Chieftain

I think Berserkers should fight at full strength even when they are damaged. According to the legend Berserkers fought like maniacs and they didn't feel any pain. Or they could have the shieldwall to eliminate defending penalty if adjacent to another Berserker.

It would also give an edge if Berserkers got 4 movement if they start adjacent to enemy territory, to be able to get deep inside fast.
    • Uses one less movement to pillage tiles.
    • Has 4 Movement if this unit starts adjacent to enemy territory.
    • +7 Combat Strength when attacking and -7 Combat Strength when defending.
    • Fight at full strength when damaged. (Or Shieldwall, No penalty when defending if three Berserkers are adjacent to eachother)

/Dali

19. BE Yann

BE Yann Chieftain

Hi there.
    Nice mod. Really like it.

I got a strange bug though. I am playing Roman on a Elite Emperor game.
    And Spain is attacking me with his Jinete units. Lots and lots of them. Took they time to arrive (our kingdoms are very far away) but I killed 2 and another 8 are on my territory. But that isnt the problem.
    The thing is that when the Jinete attack they dont get any damage. Ever. So the only way to kill them is to attack them. Is it intended? (dont think as not describ like that but maybe.)

Thanks in advance for your answer.

20. Smogs

Smogs Chieftain

I think this is a fantastic mod and that you've done some really exceptional work, but I have to comment on Scythia. This is with multiplayer balance in mind, obviously, because who cares about being overpowered in singleplayer.

It's pretty widely agreed upon that Scythia is one of the best civs with one of the highest snowballing potentials in the game, to the point she is often banned by larger multiplayer communities. It's also known that Knights are, as a unit, one of the most powerful units in the game that are used for arguably the best timing push (competing only with Tanks).

Giving a UU Knight with additional movement (basically what is already the Knight's, and every cav's, strongest feature) the potential to attack twice, coupled with Scythia's cultural heal-on-kill ability, is just laughable levels of overpowered. A UU Knight with additional movement would already be outright fantastic, but the fact it's with Scythia and can attack twice? That's a timing push that no other Civ in the game is going to be able to counter if played by equally skilled players.

It's bad enough she can already zerg you down with light cav in the first 30 turns if you're unlucky enough to spawn next to her, but now you have to worry about a second inevitable medieval timing push from 5 movement double attacking self healing knights? That's just honestly way too much. This UU as is would be far too good on any Civ, but is just absolutely over the top with Scythia.