1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] Warlords: Total Realism 2.3a

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Vitez

Vitez Chieftain

If you have holy city of religion that is not your state religion then you should loose it after 40 turns.
    If you discover new religion then you get holy city, otherwise you can only count on luck - once holy city disappears then it reappears after few turns in some city with this religion (depends much on city size i.e. number of followers of that religion) - it can even reappear in the same city where it disappeared.
    Another way of obtaining holy city is conquering it.
    And last way is ... using worldbuilder :>

2. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Here is the file I mentioned in the main TR forum.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/12781/Ieyasu_Tokugawa_AD-0270.rar

On my system pressing return and you get the continous spinning wheel as the program has a 'Program Execution Problem'.

I re-ran the game from a previous save (2 turns earlier) and got the same result. I then tried doing different things. When I attacked and killed a barbarian unit I had previously left alone (bad odds) - the game did not hang up on this turn.

Hope that helps.

3. Vertico

Vertico Prince

I must confirm this too.
    Bad luck!! - Two games, and two CTD issues :(
    Maybe to play 3rd time?

4. Autolloukos

Autolloukos Chieftain

I was finding that I was getting MAF's at end of turn during autosave, so I disabled autosave and lowered graphics and at the moment no MAF's have occured. As added insurance I save every other turn or so. But I have a much lower spec then you, so maybe you could leave the graphics alone.

To disable the autosave you need to change the civ 4 config file, there's a link to it in your civ4 folder.

; Specify the number of turns between autoSaves. 0 means no autosave.
    AutoSaveInterval = 4

Hope this might be of some help.

5. lobosan

lobosan Warlord

I am having BSODs at a save file size of 717 kb. Just before, I experienced CTDs due to video memory problems.

I never had those with TR 2.1. Also, 2.1 only gave me CTDs when I reached the usual 32bit memory allocation problems with save file sizes beyond 1.5 MB.

I am running TR 2.2 at the lowest graphics setting without the Blue Marbel textures on XP SP2, ATI X1600 with the latest graphics drivers, and 2 MB of RAM.

6. EnlightenmentHK

EnlightenmentHK Emperor

My only complaint is that the download is taking FOREVER. I'm not sure if its my connection or if you guys have a slow mirror over there, but for whatever reason its estimating about an hour download and I have a pretty good cable connection.

7. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

we are using SourceForge servers for develop and for distributing our mod. so if you have slow connection, try another server - there is lot of servers acros the world, maybe you have bad luck and you are connected to slow server located far away....

8. niels251

niels251 Warlord

LOL 2MB of ram is not even enough to run win95. hahahah

9. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Ahh...I was having this issue also. I will try this myself and report, thank you!

10. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Emperor

Softy.. ;) When you are used to it taking that long for a 10 mb download on dial-up, cable is heaven!

11. Therapist

Therapist Chieftain

Hey guys, been playing the mod since the beginning, always has been the best.

However, this latest version seems to have serious MAF problems. I have a brand new rig, and the turn speeds are faster but it seems like 1 out of every 4 times I try to save the game I get a MAF error. It is so bad I don't think I can even play this anymore, which is sad. All previous versions weren't even close to as bad as this one is as far as MAF errors. Any chance in a fix? Maybe the BTS version won't have this version, guess I will have to come back then.

Again, good work on a superb mod.

12. lobosan

lobosan Warlord

Dang! My old Mac Plus worked fine on 2 MB :)

13. crismac

crismac Warlord

I downloaded the latest version the first day,wasn't able to play very much until today.I do agree the turn speeds are faster,and I really enjoy that part of the update.I also love the new tech tree,so much new here all I can say is :goodjob: But I also agree with Therapist,I am having serious MAF problems late in the game.It all started after the year 2000 and gets worse.By the year 2017 it happens almost ever other turn.It's to a point now that it takes longer to load it up than what I can play before it crashes.I also have fast computer with lots of memory.I hope the team can come up with a solution for this problem because this has become game-breaking for me.Here is a save of my game and see how long you can go before the MAF crash ;)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/57181/AutoSave_AD-2017.CivWarlordsSave

14. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Set autosave to 0 and MAF is gone! However, I still get a game lock when scrolling around the map for a while. Warning: Do not do this! lol.

I have 2GB Ram, etc...however, I am running in Vista, but I am not going to blame this on Vista, as I had the same problem in 2.1 with windows xp on a different machine. I am also getting the strange blacked out colors when I scroll around the map allot. Warning 2: Just don't scroll around, hop from city to city or unit to unit.

Also would like to report that I am having a blast playing as Qin Shi Huangdi on Prince level on the Earth Map. I destroyed Korea, crippled Mongolia, and am now dismantling India. I also have naval superiority with Galleys, lol, in the China Sea and Japanese Sea areas. My tech rate hovers around 5% but I am still chewing through classical era techs at a respectable 8-11 turns. Conquest is feeding my economy and I have several cities producing nothing but research. I have built The Pyramids, The Great Wall, The Collossus, and the Mosolleum of Mosollus. I am about to finish the Hanging Guardens, and I founded Budhaism.

I'm sure the Europeans have a technical edge on me, but as far as Asia goes, I am the Dragon of the East.

It's still early going in my game (75BC), but I have yet to see any rediculous happiness or imballancing exploits. 10 well-promoted Swordsmen that I refresh quickly, combined with an axeman, two spearmen, and two archers are able to conquer cities with 50% defense bonus and several defenders.

I was really concerned about my economy, but I appear to have spammed enough cottages and libraries to sustain myself for the moment. After taking Bombay, I had to raize a couple Indian cities rather than capture them :(

Oh...there is allot of war in this mod...allot of war, but it is expertly done, and very challenging. I hope Firaxis gives you all a job or a stipend of some kind for your excellent work. Now...if you could get corporations and the enhanced espionage from BTS in here...ah...that would be how civ should be!

Great job! P.S. I notice that America and France and Russia are actually doing quite well this time around :) :)

15. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

1700ad 1st Maf on no celts worldmap. autosave = 4.

16. Vitez

Vitez Chieftain

What if you do want to save and you get MAF while being 100... 200 turns ater your last save? Do you take such risk so easily? I rather save each turn. MAF occurs once per 10-20 turns so I loose only 1-2 mins of reloading and replaying only one lost turn.

First MAF around 500BC in my game, same settings, and MAFs intensity is increasing (around 100BC now). On later versions first MAFs started to occur only once I discovered Paper and traded some maps (1000 AD or even later) so I must agree that in this version they started much earlier.

17. Snake Pliskeen

Snake Pliskeen Warlord

I met a bug. A german settler ended his movement points moving in a forest, but he was able to found a city in the same turn. I've tried to do the same, but, even when the option is available, I cant. I dont know if this bug is only in TR or in Vanilla too, never met before, but with TR already twice.
    Just my opinion about this version: I'm not happy that you moved Bronze Working back on the tech tree, as it's impossible fight wars before get this tech and without wars the game is simply boring. I like Metal Lore idea and Toolmaking, but I cant understand why BW must need Pottery. My suggestion is to take off Pottery as necessary tech for BW.
    Last thing: why anybody tried to change a bit scouts, a totally useless unit? 1 strenght point is too little, as the limit to be only defensive. I cant imagine who can spend useless turns building scouts apart AI :)

18. Lacaixa

Lacaixa Warlord

Fantastic work guys . The amount of depth is just stunning. I'm up to about 2007 in my current game and have yet to encounter MAF but I'm getting lots of the scrolling freeze which is a pity since the map is so attractive to look around. One thing I have noted is that because of all the new layers of tech perhaps the speed of the game needs re balancing since I seem to be about 3-400 years behind actual events and I'm the tech leader at Prince level with no tech trading.
    BTW Can someone decide if the English are celtic or nordic in the game. We seem to a mixture of units.

19. Vitez

Vitez Chieftain

It's because of clay forms that are needed to shape melted bronze.

20. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Hi Man,

Very interesting comment.

English are a mix of Celts, Nordic and "barbarian" reskinned units. We tried to follow a bit the history of England (and British Island). That's why there is a mix of units. After the Dark Ages, you can note that England (like all Eurpean powers) have its own pack of units. Some may be shared, like some tanks, ships, but most are really and typically English. :)

I thank you about your comment about the tech tree and research. To not lie, we haven't spent enough time to test the game as far as you. It was just made "theorically". In my actual tests, i have the same problems. As i reach Renaissance, i slowly lose time in reseach. I mean that it's not as close to realism as intended. It's nearly impossible on Prince level to be close to the "real" tech tree. It will need some changes. There are many solutions. We will look at that.

Thx for this comment. :goodjob:

Hian the Frog.