1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Music Theme Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Mediocrity, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicmangobear

cosmicmangobear Chieftain

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 5
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 21 (24-3) A great theme, and the throat singing is particularly inspired but doesn’t quite rise to the level of Scythia for me.
    Scythia (Traditional Melody) - 8 (7+1) Same reason as last time. This is the superior Central Asian nomadic theme and my favorite in the game. Love the duduk.

2. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 2 = 5 - 3. I'm surprised at how many people like this. It just doesn't grab me.
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 21
    Scythia (Traditional Melody) - 9 = 8 + 1. Worthy of a second place finish. But nothing beats throat singing.

3. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 2
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 18 (21-3) Not a favorite of mine, but good.
    Scythia (Traditional Melody) - 10 (9+1) Definitely and absolutely worth of a first place finish. It’s moving and beautiful.

4. lotrmith

lotrmith Prince

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 3 (2 + 1) I still like this the most of what remains.
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 15 = 18 - 3 I still dislike this the most of what remains.

Scythia (Traditional Melody) - 10

5. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 3
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 12 (15 - 3) I don't know why everyone hates vocals, but loves this one. The throat singing is neat, but it gets tiresome much faster than, say, the Zulu or Georgian vocals.
    Scythia (Traditional Melody) - 11 (10 + 1) I like this one better than Mali.

6. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Prince

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 3
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 13 (12+1) It's that medieval theme. So epic, it feels like I'm playing Dothraki in Game of Thrones
    Scythia (Traditional Melody) - 8 (11-3) beautiful, but shouldn't win over Mongolia

7. Leucarum

Leucarum Prince

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 4 (3+1) (My personal favourite out of these three)
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 13 (I'd be happy with this one winning too though...)
    Scythia (Traditional Melody) - 5 (8-3) It's ok but we're down to the wire now.

8. krokobone

krokobone Chieftain

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 4
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 14 (13+1) Out of these three, this one should definitely win. I don't really like the other two, but that's just my personal taste.
    Scythia (Traditional Melody) - 2 (5-3) I think this one is the weakest left.

9. Mediocrity

Mediocrity Chieftain

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 4
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 15 (14+1) This is the best one left, hands down.
    Scythia (Traditional Melody) - 0 (2-3) ELIMINATED. This one was the weakest remaining and had to go. Bye bye Tomyris.

By the way, if you want to start an Elimination Thread you can probably contact Browd (that's who I asked).

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    EdmundIronside and TahamiTsunami like this.
  10. Weraptor

Weraptor Prince

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 1 (4-3) End it already please.
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 16 (15+1) This is the best one left, hands down.

11. Kjimmet

Kjimmet Chieftain

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 0 (1-3) ELIMINATED, I like this but I like Mongol theme better.
    Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 17 (16+1) The best song in game. Deserved the spot.

12. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Very well, congrats to Mongolia for its repeated victory!

And much to my pleasure, Scythia is on the rise. Perhaps it shall take the throne next time :p

13. Sinaherib

Sinaherib Chieftain

Mongolia did it again! Congrats!
    What will happen next tme? Who knows! This game had its own surprises compared to previous one. Only time will tell.:)

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  14. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Prince

I just missed being in the final votes but it was a great round, Mongolia, Mali, and Scythia make for a very solid top 3 and I can agree with Mongolia's top spot!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm sure we all need some time to chill but I'll contact Browd soon (perhaps either today or tomorrow) about a new elimination game.

EdmundIronside likes this.
  15. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Nice game! Mongolia and Mali are suitable finishes though I still think America, India, Japan, and Indonesia should have been more highly ranked and Persia much lower in ranking.

16. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Good result. It was clear from a while ago that Mongolia would win, and a nice pleasant surprise that Mali made it to second, beating out Scythia which I don't really have strong feelings for or against.

That said, it's a shame that France and the Netherlands went as early as they did. The Netherlands' theme is so underrated on here :(

Buthera and TahamiTsunami like this.
  17. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

As this game is concluded, this thread is closed. As a reminder, we only allow one active elimination thread game at a time in the General Discussions forum. Anyone (other than Mediocrity, who started this game) is eligible to PM a moderator to request permission to start a new game.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.