My car horn is just not getting the job done...

Veritass

Emperor
I want it to say, "GET OFF THE F***ING PHONE AND DRIVE!!!!" but it only says, "meep." :sad:

Does anyone have experience with customizing this? I would like to mount a truck horn, or better yet a train horn, in my car. But hey, I'm a software guy, so it needs to be a fairly simple operation. I'd like it to be loud enough that the car in front of me or next to me would find it physically impossible to talk on the phone while the horn was sounding. Maybe one of those "LA CU-CA-RA-CHA!" ring tone things. Oh, and I also want to be able to use my normal horn when all I want to say is, "Meep. The light's green."

I'm thinking maybe I should go with a P.A. system instead. That way, when the car next to me is going "THUMP, chicka chicka, THUMP, THUMP" and sharing his music with the world, I can sing "I"M HEN-E-RY THE EIGHTH I AM" at the top of my lungs through a 300 watt amp.

Anyone can point me at a good way to set this up, let me know. Oh, and if I stop posting suddenly, it probably means I got shot. :(

Sounds like pretty soon you'll be needing lawyers, guns and money.

Perhaps a slight modification would do better - keep your horn as-is, and have a large sign you can easily put in your front window (or pops up out of your hood, even better) that says "HANG UP AND DRIVE" except in reversed text like on the front of ambulances so that the cellphone-sucking moron can read it in their rear-view mirror when you meep at them.

Yes, I've given this issue some thought. :mischief:

Veritass said:
I want it to say, "GET OFF THE F***ING PHONE AND DRIVE!!!!" but it only says, "meep." :sad:

Anyone can point me at a good way to set this up, let me know. Oh, and if I stop posting suddenly, it probably means I got shot. :(

Best laugh I've had all day. :lol: :goodjob:

:lol: I read what ou posted, jeez that's funny:crazyeye:

What I would do is, just keep honking none stop until they stop. But can't have the hron too loud, some towns have a sounds limit. In my town, if they hear your radio 10 ft away, you get a ticket if a cop is near by.

Car horns are overused. Someone honked at me yesterday because I wasn't rocketing ahead the second the light turned green.

North King said:
Car horns are overused. Someone honked at me yesterday because I wasn't rocketing ahead the second the light turned green.

Do what I used to do. Don't go ahead until the traffic lights turn yellow, so he have to wait for another turn

I don't think this is a very good idea. If you get a train-horn on your car you'll probably cause more of a danger than the mobile users. Much better to be passive-agressive, and put one of these babies in your glovebox.

http://212.202.252.173/mobileblocker/shop/index.asp

The low powered one gives a 40m radius around your car, so I'd suggest going for the highpowered one. It's supposed to block everything within 4km!!!

jimbob27 said:
I don't think this is a very good idea. If you get a train-horn on your car you'll probably cause more of a danger than the mobile users. Much better to be passive-agressive, and put one of these babies in your glovebox.

http://212.202.252.173/mobileblocker/shop/index.asp

The low powered one gives a 40m radius around your car, so I'd suggest going for the highpowered one. It's supposed to block everything within 4km!!!

That would be hilarious to use. :D

Keep one of these in your car :

No need to go messing around with car horn. Just bust out the megaphone, and yell "get the **** off the phone ******* !@!!!". Much more effective and the other driver knows exactly why you're aggravated.

Dude I'd sue for "city planning malpractice" before you get "Intermittent Explosive Disorder".

But if you must for only $19.95 I've heard this works on the 101 at the 405 or the I-10 at the I-5 or the 405 at the 605.

http://www.roadrage.com/samples.htm

Veritass said:

I would like to have that too. I ran into this problem over the weekend of some guy not really paying attention to the road and talking on his phone. Although I don't like doing this, I was right up on the back of his car. It got him off the phone at the next traffic light when he wanted to yell at me. Mission accomplished.:lol:

Veritass said:

What a coincidence, I saw a bumper sticker saying that today.

Overtake and get your passenger to reach in and grab his phone. Then throw some kind of item into his car (flubber maybe?) and drive off.

Vind2 said:
Get an air horn

I once saw that on a VW beetle. Kinda suprising.

Edit: My brother had a PA system in his car, He was able to yell at people while driving. Kinda efficient.

Top Bottom