1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Naming scheme discussion

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by DaveShack, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

OzzyKP is an Apolyton admin, so it isn't really fair to give him a worker. It'd be like naming a worker Magno or something like that.

2. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

DMOC was prominent in the last game right?

3. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Lets name the workers after traitors, but just with kind of changed nicknames. Like Lord Parkin being Lady Kin, Nabaxo being Nab, Azza being Zigzag, HUSch being Hush, Ozzy being Ozone, Fed being Def and so on :)

Although I think Ozzy and Fed dont really belong in the traitor's list. They are in reality just migrated to other sites, rather than betraying CFC for this game :)

4. Calis

Calis on time

HUSch is German and if I am not wrong he's a moderator over at civforum.de. Thus, I do not see him as a traitor.

5. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I wouldn't say we are using a "traitor" theme, just that we are using the names of prominent CFC members who happen to have aligned with other sites for this game. I think it is still ok to use the name of someone who has a strong (or even stronger) presence on another site.

HUSch is a perfect example of an active CFC member who is also active at another site and has aligned with the other site for this game. He has been involved in all the recent CFC MTDGs so I think this is a way of honoring and acknowledging his CFC affliation. :)

Now, as far as Lord Parkin... keep building those cottages LP! Faster! :whipped:

6. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

That's my sentiment, exactly.

:lol:

7. Arkipeller

Arkipeller Ancient of Lore

We should at all time have a spy named Yossarian :D

8. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

So, would HUSch be the new worker?

9. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Just in case you were serious about this, I want to remind you that when spies are caught their names are revealed. Something to keep in mind when choosing to name (or not name) them.

Leaving them unnamed is the easiest way to go, but we could also play some games like naming spies things that make them look like they come from other teams rather than ours. That way if they get caught, it may fool the "victim" into thinking it was someone else's spy... not everyone uses spies often, so not everyone knows that names are revealed upon capture.

As for the worker I vote to name him Krill:mischief: I like the "traitor" theme for workers... its funny:lmao:

10. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I think our next Warrior completed this turn, correct? If so, Plotinus is the next Warrior name on the list:

After this one, Lefty Scaevola is the next name suggested, but we've talked about naming something more special than a random warrior after Lefty. We've run out of Administrators, so maybe we can go on to Super Mods next? (listed alphabetically)

• AlanH
    • Birdjaguar
    • Chieftess
    • DaveShack*
    • IglooDude
    • Knight-Dragon
    • leif erikson
    • Methos
    • Moss
    • ori
    • Rik Meleet
    • Turner

*I also think we should save DaveShack for something more unique than our 8th warrior.

11. talonschild

Agreed on this. Shall we start with AlanH and work our way down, skipping DaveShack? Or would it be better to start with our forum mods, Rik Meleet and Chieftess?

12. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Ok, we have a few things that need names:

Two currently unnamed Warriors. Are we thinking Ainwood II and Birdjaguar II, or Chieftess and IglooDude? Unless we lose our Copper, these should be our last two Warriors. Do we want to stick with this theme as we progress to our stronger units, or switch to something different?

One currently unnamed Worker. Candidates for this are OzzyKP (Apolyton), fed1943 (WPC), or Azza (RB). Any other suggestions?

And finally, we'll need a name for our new Gold City. Here are some of the earlier suggestions, but we can also just look up a new name.

13. talonschild

I figured we'd keep on with the list, as axemen are really warriors mark ii. I'd lean to Chieftess and IglooDude, going to the end of the list and then going through with replacements.

14. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

That was my thought as well :)

15. 2metraninja

After more thinking, I would like we to have short and easy to remember city names. So after some thinking (and much listening youtube lately ) I came up with the proposal for the name of our new city, which will get us Gold, Pigs and hopefully many good cottageable tiles. It is Lana and means "Get", "Acquire".

16. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Igloodude is no longer a moderator here. That list is a bit out of date.

17. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Whoops! The next name on the list is DaveShack. Do w want to skip him for now, to save for something more unique?

18. talonschild

Eh. Let him decide. If he's around. If not, let's save him in case he shows up.

19. 2metraninja

I dont see an issue with naming a unit with the name of CFC admin/mod, even if he is not such anymore.

20. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Hm???