Napoleonica: Powder Smoke over Europe

Persians and Indians - Yes, Dacians - not sure yet. :)
When you get close to feeling like doing those Indians make sure to pm me or whatever, so I can get you some more unit art to work from.

Edit: speaking of Indians - the Duke of Wellington served in India prior to the Napoleonic campaigns. Perhaps you'd like to try your hand at some early 19th c Indians (Mughals, etc.). I can provide you art for them as well.

Ps: Having twice accidentally hit the wrong key, I've completely failed to thank you. Interest in Napoleon led me into wargaming, which led me to Civ. Feels like a homecoming.

Sandris, would it be possible to release a generic set consisting of a dragoon, hussar, ulan and cuirassier (maybe the french in generic colors)? I'm using some of your older units as generic line infantry and militia, and would love to have some generic early 18th century cavalry. :)
You mean early 19th?

Sandris, would it be possible to release a generic set consisting of a dragoon, hussar, ulan and cuirassier (maybe the french in generic colors)?

Actually it is possible, but you should choose between French, British, Italian helmet styles and Russian, Prussian, Austrian ones. As I understand you would like to see civ-blue color along with red one.

Perhaps you'd like to try your hand at some early 19th c Indians (Mughals, etc.). I can provide you art for them as well.

It would be nice to have complete unit lines for India. If you have some additional art, it`s welcome. :)

Fantastic units!
I would like if someone create "Surcouf - underwater cruiser" see Wikipedia. I have many photo to send. Thank you

It would be nice to have complete unit lines for India. If you have some additional art, it`s welcome. :)
You made that fine set of 5 riflemen last year. So that takes care of the Sepoy Infantry. I guess you want pictures for cavalry and for opposing forces infrantry & cav? You don't need artillery, I think?

And some reference to fill the "early bronze age, late bronze age, early iron age, late iron age, dark ages, early medieval, high medieval, late medieval, renaissance, 16th century, circa 1700, circa 1750, circa 1790, 1812"

for attack infantry (swordsman), defending infantry (spearman), range infantry, heavy cavalry, light cavalry, range cavalry...

That's the complete range of time period and unit type done by Sandris.

I belive only the English come close to completion at the moment, at least starting at Renaissance, as many civs have been done for the ancient and medieval.

I have some attempt here at filling the gaps, including reference pictures for India, but it would be better if someone really knowledgable with India complete it.
http://stephane.f.david.free.fr/CivMod/Al_lLandGunpowderUnits.htm

And some reference to fill the "early bronze age, late bronze age, early iron age, late iron age, dark ages, early medieval, high medieval, late medieval, renaissance, 16th century, circa 1700, circa 1750, circa 1790, 1812"

for attack infantry (swordsman), defending infantry (spearman), range infantry, heavy cavalry, light cavalry, range cavalry...

That's the complete range of time period and unit type done by Sandris.

I belive only the English come close to completion at the moment, at least starting at Renaissance, as many civs have been done for the ancient and medieval.

I have some attempt here at filling the gaps, including reference pictures for India, but it would be better if someone really knowledgable with India complete it.
Indian Pre-Gunpowder Unit Concept Art. Granted, the galleries are not completely posted yet, but I've got the images on hand. There is enough variation to get at least one UU for a full 31 civ complement in addition to the standard units. If Sandris really wants to tackle them he just has to say the word and I can make posting them a priority.

Steph, you left out one whole unit line from your list.

Spoiler :
... War Elephant, Elephant Archers, Elephant Lancers, Elephant Artillery (Catapult), Elephant Fusiliers, Elephant Artillery (Cannon), ...
Need an Elephant model & props, Sandris?:mischief:

I listed only the lines already did by Sandris, not what he will do next week :mischief:
And if someone will post a finished ratha (chariot) model then we can buy Sandris enough pizza to get 3000 years of that unit line as well.:p

... War Elephant, Elephant Archers, Elephant Lancers, Elephant Artillery (Catapult), Elephant Fusiliers, Elephant Artillery (Cannon), ...
Need an Elephant model & props, Sandris?:mischief:

I need just some of the elephant animations, especially run/walk. :)

What about the previously made 5 Indian riflemen, I have to remake them. :)

I need just some of the elephant animations, especially run/walk. ...What about the previously made 5 Indian riflemen, I have to remake them.
I can certainly get you art for them, although I think they're fine. A lot of what I have is actually mid-century (1850s +); I'm going to select out what looks best of the earlier images. Unless you want it in a different order I'll post:

1. "John Company" Cavalry - that's Indians in the East India Co. private armies
  2. "John Company" Infantry
  3. Mughal & Kingdoms Cav/Infantry , including Sikhs
  4. Gunpowder Era Elephants
It'll take a couple of days to get the pictures together. I have an out of town wedding to go to on the weekend. So hopefully I'll be posting by Monday.
:)
Thanks for the lead. There's also a free "howdah pistol" at Renderosity.

I only just stumbled across this. What an amazing pack - you're truly the unit-making king. That's more quality units in a single pack than most unit-makers manage in total. Great details, and it's nice to know that some of my animations are living on in such quality units.

I only just stumbled across this. What an amazing pack - you're truly the unit-making king. That's more quality units in a single pack than most unit-makers manage in total. Great details, and it's nice to know that some of my animations are living on in such quality units.
Same for me, I should have connected earlier. Very nice pack, mate :goodjob: and welcome back to the Unit Graphics pages :)

A lot of what I have is actually mid-century (1850s +); I'm going to select out what looks best of the earlier images. Unless you want it in a different order I'll post:

1. "John Company" Cavalry - that's Indians in the East India Co. private armies
  2. "John Company" Infantry
  3. Mughal & Kingdoms Cav/Infantry , including Sikhs
  4. Gunpowder Era Elephants
Galleries for #1 & #2 posted.

Top Bottom