New CIV: Denmark: Updated, March 02

First of all, yes, you can add 8 because I have already added 8 civs and I have play tested it and it works...

Second, I thought most people were nice enough to share their work with each other to give the game more replayability...gee, was I wrong about some people's bad attitudes...

Third, I found you zip file and got the files I needed...I will be keeping the Danes in my mod...since my mod has some of the same things as Kal-el's mod that he is working on it probably won't get published here anyhow...but, I will be keeping it because NOBODY tells me what I will do on my own computer!:mad:

So I guess you are gonna tell me that adding 8 civs is impossible without removing anyone...how do you explain this picture...

Attachments

• image1.gif
    image1.gif
    148.9 KB · Views: 575
The mod has been updated by fimp, March 3, 2002.

Originally posted by fimp

What does that have to do with everything?

BTW, its wrong. Scandinavia is Denmark, Norway and Sweden. NO ONE ELSE!
Its the nordic countries you just mentioned there, except Greenland which isnt... but if you think of it as a part of Denmark maybe it is.

if your going for geography Denmark is not in there because it is not on the Scandinavian Penisula. Only Sweden and Norway are. But culturally they are all united.

Originally posted by NightStorm
First of all, yes, you can add 8 because I have already added 8 civs and I have play tested it and it works...

Second, I thought most people were nice enough to share their work with each other to give the game more replayability...gee, was I wrong about some people's bad attitudes...

Third, I found you zip file and got the files I needed...I will be keeping the Danes in my mod...since my mod has some of the same things as Kal-el's mod that he is working on it probably won't get published here anyhow...but, I will be keeping it because NOBODY tells me what I will do on my own computer!:mad:

Relax, man! This aint going anywhere. Cool down!

It IS my decision wether i am letting other people use my DanishCiv or not. Sure, you can use parts of it, asking me first off course, but not the whole thing!

So, i guess you support piracy too?

BTW, the adding civs thing. What i meant, was that you can max have 21 civs in a game. Sure, i think you can have 100 civs installed but you cant play against them all!

Originally posted by Demetrias

if your going for geography Denmark is not in there because it is not on the Scandinavian Penisula. Only Sweden and Norway are. But culturally they are all united.

Denmark IS a part of Scandinavia. :nuke:

Originally posted by NightStorm

All agree with you Nightstorm. If all mod workers keep their own work for themselves the game customization will not advance. Moreover I don't think that taking something from an another mod could kill it. Cause there is too many differents ways of playing there are many players and not all search the same thing.

Some would get only the danish civ instead of a complete mod.

But as I've tested your mod I know you have taken all precautions to make it hard to copy.

But no inquiry. I won't let use your mod no more, never, and I will make my own danish civ if I want to integrate this civ.
Perheaps I will use the Apolyton's work on it. I could say that we can add more than 21 civilizations. It is sure. The max is 31 civilizations (so 15 civilizations can be adding or maybe only 14 but not only 6). See apolyton forum !
But not YOUR MOD ! Keep it for u! :mad:

What about making Dr Margrete the 1 (If we need a woman as a leader.;)
She was also one of the reasons of the Kalmar-union. And give Denmark one more en trade bonus at water squares.

Originally posted by nemelis
What about making Dr Margrete the 1 (If we need a woman as a leader.;)
She was also one of the reasons of the Kalmar-union. And give Denmark one more en trade bonus at water squares.

Im happy with Christian IV :)

And it isnt possible to add trade bonuses to one civ.

Who really cares about the differences between Denmark of Sweden of any other Scandinavian country. For me its all the same, cold, empty, flat (not Norway) and very little people living in too big wooden houses passing the day in a sauna. People who you can't even understand since they speak a language that make Chinese look easy (okay, almost easy).

Okay, now to the point. First of all I like you to thank for teaching me so much about Danish history. I never knew the Danish fleet was almost a big as the English in the 14 century. I think that also includes the merchant ships from the Hanze League. Also I didn't knew about the big size of Denmark in that time (with Sweden and Germany and the Baltic States and all) and I think that was the area of the Hanze either.

Secondly you must make a difference between Scandinavia and the Scandinavian Peninsula. The Scandinavian Peninsula is only Zweden and Norway. Scandinavia as a region is bigger, in actually contains Iceland, Norway. Sweden, Finland, Denmark and the Baltic states. That is, roughly, entire Northern Europe.

Thirthly, If somebody can make a mod about a country like Denmark, can somebody make one of the Netherlands as well? I can't do it myself. The Netherlands was a massive trading power in the 16th century. It had a very big marchant fleet (we had 4 Seawars with the English, which we all won and in which we cruched the English fleet totaly . Als the Portugese and Spanish were quite afraid of our fleet, making the country the major country in the known world. We had colonies in the Caribean, Brasil, US east coast, African coast (including nowaday Capetown), Sri Lanka, Indonesia and we were, together with the Spanish, the only European nation that was allowed to trade with China and Japan.

Wow, this post became quite long. I hope at least somebody has something for the message.

:nuke: Bye Now:nuke: ....

With the 1.29f patch i have now solved the problem with the Foreign Advisor screen! A new, bugfree version of the DanishCiv will be availible for download within a couple of days. :)

Am I the only one who wants this version?

Fimp, would you please release the fixed version? Pretty please? ;).

Now... its time. For Danish world domination WITHOUT Foreing Advisor screen crash!! :king:

Look at the front page for download instructions.
And tell me how this new and crashfree version of the DanishCiv works for you :)

maybe it,s just me but i can,t seem to d/l this mod.

the link in the first thread doesn,t seem to work for me or i,m looking in the wrong place for the d/l link

Hmmm, weird. You should just click the link in the first post, then a new window should open and when the page is fully loaded it should scroll down to the download by it self.

Try again :love:

did that, but the page does not scroll for me. it just takes me to page 3 and that is it.

Originally posted by stainz
did that, but the page does not scroll for me. it just takes me to page 3 and that is it.

Hmm, okay. Here's what to do:

1. Click the Download link in the first post.
2. If you dont come directly to the download, press Edit and then Search and search for "danishciv-1.5.1.zip" without the "s
3. The search function has now found the download so close the search box and download the thing! :)

Top Bottom