• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New NESes, ideas, development, etc

How about an NES in which instead of being a Christian Europe, its Muslim and we are approximately 300 years ahead of what we are now.

Or we could do a black plague one, like FANES I. I could recreate it, and have some fun. I’ve lost interest in my NES, and after this update, KA BOOM!
Friendly advice: people would be more likely to join your NESes if you actually proved yourself able to run a lengthy NES. That would require maintaining your interest in and focus on a particular game, rather than constantly flipping between ideas.

I know. It's just that, well, I got bored. I lost interest in it. And I am disappointed in it, I thought I could have been a lot better.

I know. It's just that, well, I got bored. I lost interest in it. And I am disappointed in it, I thought I could have been a lot better.
Practice, practice, practice, but don't bite off more than you can chew. If you look around, you'll notice that many of the best mods (das, NK, LI, etc) are also very good players. So while you work to improve your modding skills (BTW, what are the skills needed to be a good mod?), play lots and get to be a really good player.

Posted by Birdjaguar
BTW, what are the skills needed to be a good mod?

Perseverance and dedication, two things I utterly lack, in my opinion. Sure, there are those mods out there that have NESes that don't last long but are really good, but they're rare and few. So unless you're really good at it, switching NESes isn't really a good idea.

Perseverance and dedication, two things I utterly lack, in my opinion. Sure, there are those mods out there that have NESes that don't last long but are really good, but they're rare and few. So unless you're really good at it, switching NESes isn't really a good idea.
I would agree. Modding is mostly hard work and there is a lot of pressure to be fast and creative. Not everyone works wel in such an environment. While many players have a dream of being a great mod, but will probably not, they should not forget that having great players is just as important. By being a great player, a NESer contributes mightily to the games and the forum.

Practice, practice, practice, but don't bite off more than you can chew. If you look around, you'll notice that many of the best mods (das, NK, LI, etc) are also very good players. So while you work to improve your modding skills (BTW, what are the skills needed to be a good mod?), play lots and get to be a really good player.

I found it amusing how you didn't list yourself as one of the "best mods", since you are :p

I think a problem with sp's modding is that people don't exactly take him very seriously with his modding abilities somewhat questionable. Such as the Panama Canal incident in his most recent NES :(

I found it amusing how you didn't list yourself as one of the "best mods", since you are :p
Two short and incomplete NESes is not much of record, but thanks for the compliment.

How about an NES in which instead of being a Christian Europe, its Muslim and we are approximately 300 years ahead of what we are now.

Or we could do a black plague one, like FANES I. I could recreate it, and have some fun. I’ve lost interest in my NES, and after this update, KA BOOM!
How would Europe end up Muslim, and what would be so interesting about such a scenario? How has the rest of the world changed?

And FANES... ah, that was a great NES... I'd like to join a similar NES.

I'm considered a good player?

Two short and incomplete NESes is not much of record, but thanks for the compliment.
More complete than most NESes, and of very high quality... I still have an entire language made up for Yexal/Jucuub.

How would Europe end up Muslim, and what would be so interesting about such a scenario? How has the rest of the world changed?
What he said. Implementation is kinda important dude. Waving your hand and saying 'this is so' just because you want it to be makes for an awfully difficult NES, when information on the relevant period is required (for story or roleplaying purposes) and you can't give anything believable out.

And FANES... ah, that was a great NES... I'd like to join a similar NES.

FANES a great NES? Good to hear this, but I wasn't able to put enough efforts in that NES...If there is enough people still interested in it I might restart it or even continue it.

FANES a great NES? Good to hear this, but I wasn't able to put enough efforts in that NES...If there is enough people still interested in it I might restart it or even continue it.
I loved it, and most certainly would join if you resumed it!

I thought it had very good potential.

How many NESes have you seen that are complete? BirdNES2 should have lasted longer, but it seems like you're not comfortable with the era as much, so that's no fault of your own.

Europe getting annihilated and colonized by Muslims. How can I not like the concept?

One idea to make Europe Muslim is to have an alternate history where the French lose the Battle of Tours in 732. From there you could probably have the Umayyad Caliphate continue their campaigns in Europe.

Top Bottom