Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a few Authority games as France with epic speed where Authority is relatively strong and I've noticed that you really don't want an Authority AI with a strong early game next to you. The AI has become quite good at clearing camps and the Iroquois were taking quite a few of those even in regions that were closer to my territory than theirs. There has also been consistent AI warmongering with capitals being conquered in the classical era.

Not sure where to post this but in my first v3 game now, things were going smoothly but now I reached that dreaded point were the whole world previous best buddies with me for all of the game just turns on me. 2 declare war, the others are hostile suddenly. I'm 3rd military wise so not that bad and ahead in tech.

There was really no actions from my side triggering that. It kind of enforces my sentiment that it is pointless playing a peacful game. you will end up in wars either way and better to have the policies, army with experience and production to win them. And an unused army is kind of a wasted army. The "ganing up" is kind of an unfun mechanic really. I'm not even close to winning so that can't count either.

It's impossible to be friends with everyone - it's like trying to sit on all the chairs at once. There will always be some friction between AIs - borders, competition for the city-state, one becomes stronger than the other and looks at the border city, someone captures a tile with a valuable resource by Citadel. As soon as one of them denounces the other, you immediately receive a penalty from both for 'friendship with their enemy.'

For the same reasons, you cannot be friends with neighbors - friction on the border, influence on city-states and religious disputes will nullify all diplomacy. You need to be friends with those who are very far away, ideally on another continent.

I don't quite understand why an open border agreement can be made if only one side has learned the technology. This technology is not yet known to me, my border guards are not trained to read the safe-conduct and will hit with a stick on the head of any border violator. But the deal has been made.

Spoiler :

20221202203713_1.jpg

20221202203730_1.jpg

It doesn't seem right that I can donate land units to a city-state on another continent before Astronomy. I only have Caravels and Explorers that can cross the ocean. Even my trade-ships are unable to cross the ocean.

Spoiler :

20221202190842_1.jpg

Cooperation belief doesn't work. It is not giving yealds when citizen is born.
Council of elders is probabbly bugged too. It is giving yelds when converting like that: 20 20 then 21 21, then 22 22, then 23 23. Is it supossed to be like 20 20 then 40 40 then 60 60?

Not sure where to post this but in my first v3 game now, things were going smoothly but now I reached that dreaded point were the whole world previous best buddies with me for all of the game just turns on me. 2 declare war, the others are hostile suddenly. I'm 3rd military wise so not that bad and ahead in tech.

There was really no actions from my side triggering that. It kind of enforces my sentiment that it is pointless playing a peacful game. you will end up in wars either way and better to have the policies, army with experience and production to win them. And an unused army is kind of a wasted army. The "ganing up" is kind of an unfun mechanic really. I'm not even close to winning so that can't count either.
It's probably because of late game competitiveness of AI which can be turned off to make relations more natural.

For additional visibility:

The Vox Populi Congress Guide has been amended to include all of my changes based on your feedback and my own observations. Please read it carefully. This should hopefully cover all the problems and edge case situations which arose during the pilot test of the system. Fingers crossed that it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

A reminder that the deadline for proposals for Session #2 is December 16th, 2022 at 12 AM CST. The Vox Populi Congress is back on schedule and will continue to follow the original monthly format.

The Proposal & Ratification Queues thread is now live as well!

After loading save can't see world religions

Attachments

• 8930_20221203081259_1.png
    8930_20221203081259_1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • 8930_20221203081252_1.png
    8930_20221203081252_1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
- Actually disabled the code for achievements by default (not sure if it even works anymore)

What does this mean? Steam achivements are disabled now? Because i allways made modpack voxpopuli so i could also unlock steam achiviements, because if you load the game with mods, then steam achivements are disabled, but if you load mods as modpacks, then achivements are enabled.

Please clarify.

What does this mean? Steam achivements are disabled now? Because i allways made modpack voxpopuli so i could also unlock steam achiviements, because if you load the game with mods, then steam achivements are disabled, but if you load mods as modpacks, then achivements are enabled.

Please clarify.
You can turn them back on. Set API_ACHIEVEMENTS to 1 at the bottom of MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\PNM Mods DB\API\Achievements.xml.

Functionality not guaranteed.

civ5vp-dk-howmanypops.png

So how many pops do I have again? The tooltips and text says 7. But if I count all the little faces I get 15 of them. They all work in that case if I had tiles to assign them, as in they give yields, to but I kind of don't and I don't really want to work food files as this population explosion is causing happiness problems. It doesn't happen in any of the other cities. There was a thing before that pops escaped from other civs unhappy civs, it was in one of the civ mods -- I don't recall which one now but I think it was Hini that made it. But I'm not running with it so I'm wondering if this was included now. I don't get any notification about the pop boom. But something is odd since the town is size 7 but it has 15 pops, and I don't know really where they came from.

Also with the new improved barbarians the first third of the game have more or less just become barbarian driven. Nothing you do or build really counts compared to the yields you get from slaughtering barbarians. All other things are really quite insignificant by comparison. Authority is nice but it works without it to. You don't even have to be one one of the unit slaughter civs like Monty and the Aztecs, but it helps. For any of them the first third or so of the game is now about killing barbarians and taking out their camps. The gold, culture, faith, science (depending on civ and policy) is just massive. This may or may not somehow make some kind of historical sense as stealing stuff from others is easier then doing it yourself. But it's now pretty much about asap maxing out your unit count and then go on a rampage.

Also with the new improved barbarians the first third of the game have more or less just become barbarian driven. Nothing you do or build really counts compared to the yields you get from slaughtering barbarians. All other things are really quite insignificant by comparison. Authority is nice but it works without it to. You don't even have to be one one of the unit slaughter civs like Monty and the Aztecs, but it helps. For any of them the first third or so of the game is now about killing barbarians and taking out their camps. The gold, culture, faith, science (depending on civ and policy) is just massive. This may or may not somehow make some kind of historical sense as stealing stuff from others is easier then doing it yourself. But it's now pretty much about asap maxing out your unit count and then go on a rampage.
Do you play with raging barbarians?

View attachment 646610

So how many pops do I have again? The tooltips and text says 7. But if I count all the little faces I get 15 of them. They all work in that case if I had tiles to assign them, as in they give yields, to but I kind of don't and I don't really want to work food files as this population explosion is causing happiness problems. It doesn't happen in any of the other cities. There was a thing before that pops escaped from other civs unhappy civs, it was in one of the civ mods -- I don't recall which one now but I think it was Hini that made it. But I'm not running with it so I'm wondering if this was included now. I don't get any notification about the pop boom. But something is odd since the town is size 7 but it has 15 pops, and I don't know really where they came from.
Yeah, this bug still occurs, probably. I've seen several people faced it already

It's impossible to be friends with everyone - it's like trying to sit on all the chairs at once. There will always be some friction between AIs - borders, competition for the city-state, one becomes stronger than the other and looks at the border city, someone captures a tile with a valuable resource by Citadel. As soon as one of them denounces the other, you immediately receive a penalty from both for 'friendship with their enemy.'

For the same reasons, you cannot be friends with neighbors - friction on the border, influence on city-states and religious disputes will nullify all diplomacy. You need to be friends with those who are very far away, ideally on another continent.
The thing is I'm very often best buddies with my neigbhors until usually all of the AIs turn on me at once, usually around modern era.
It's probably because of late game competitiveness of AI which can be turned off to make relations more natural.
Is this in the setting in the UI or in SQL?

There was a thing before that pops escaped from other civs unhappy civs, it was in one of the civ mods -- I don't recall which one now but I think it was Hini that made it.
It's me and it's for the Cajun Civilization which hasn't been functional for a long time :lol:. I really don't think it's implemented in VP :crazyeye:.

It's me and it's for the Cajun Civilization which hasn't been functional for a long time :lol:. I really don't think it's implemented in VP :crazyeye:.

Right. I had a 50/50 chance to guess whom of you it was. Sorry. Yeah ok. That rules that out then. But it's kind of weird cause that city just keeps growing and getting a new pop every few turns or so. A few turns after that screenshot the city had 17 faces living in it but it was still just size 7 according to the number by the city or in the top left corner.

Do you play with raging barbarians?

I tried both with and without and with a random assortment of civs. Naturally it's better if you run with raging or you play as Monty. But even without and as someone (So far I tried it with Monty, Denmark, Venice and Germany -- the first two with rage and the last two without) else this just stacks up quite fast. There used to be a thing back in ye' olden days of Vox that you took the Tradition opener just go get the extra free pops even if you didn't plan on going tradition. Here you should pretty much just take the Authority opener so you know and see where they spawn and that the kills give you culture to. The rage vs non-rage might not be the most important factor, I'm thinking it's map size that matters more; larger map more places to pop and more places for them to be left alone and multiply.

The thing is I'm very often best buddies with my neigbhors until usually all of the AIs turn on me at once, usually around modern era.

Is this in the setting in the UI or in SQL?
Go to MODS folder, (1)Community Patch, Core Files, Core Changes, and select DiploAIOptions.sql

-- [DISABLE ENDGAME AGGRESSION BOOST]
-- If set to 1, AI civilizations will not receive the large late-game aggression boost towards players that are close to victory.
-- Bonuses/penalties for general victory competition will continue to apply.
-- NOTE: If Victory Competition is disabled, this does nothing.
INSERT INTO Defines (Name, Value)
SELECT 'DIPLOAI_DISABLE_ENDGAME_AGGRESSION', '0';

Set this to 1. I'd also turn off War Bribes:

-- [DISABLE WAR BRIBES]
-- If set to 1, AI civilizations are unable to bribe other AI civilizations into declaring war, but they can still bribe (and be bribed) by humans.
-- If set to 2, the option to bribe another AI civilization into declaring war on a third party is removed globally.
-- War bribes between human players are unaffected by this setting.
SELECT 'DIPLOAI_DISABLE_WAR_BRIBES', '0';

Set this to either 1 or 2. Maybe even disable coop wars too!

-- [DISABLE COOP WAR REQUESTS]
-- If set to 1, AI civilizations will not request that friends join them in a cooperative war against other players.
-- This does not affect offers in the Trade screen to declare war on a third party.
-- Humans can still request that AI friends join them in a cooperative war.
SELECT 'DIPLOAI_DISABLE_COOP_WAR_REQUESTS', '0';

And actually if you do want to play a completely peaceful game there is also a setting in there for that too:

-- [PASSIVE MODE]
-- If set to 1, AI civilizations will never declare war on human players. They also won't attempt Domination Victories, unless they can win one without declaring war on a human.
-- If set to 2, AI civilizations will never declare war on any other civilizations or City-States. They also won't attempt Domination Victories, unless they can win one without declaring war.
-- Humans can still declare war on AI players, and AI players already at war will still fight their opponents.
SELECT 'DIPLOAI_PASSIVE_MODE', '0';

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom