New Version - April 20th (4/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that sometimes, it's usually the guys who spam warriors. What I see more often is AI having horrendous problems with unhappiness. It's the second game in a row somebody's city turned into a city state before/during medieval, that's not good.

Right, but it's been almost everyone lately.

And yeah, I've seen a couple flips already and they were early game.

Right, but it's been almost everyone lately.

And yeah, I've seen a couple flips already and they were early game.

Yup, I see warrior spammers. Or just guys who make units and then do little with them. They're often crippled as they try to upgrade their legions of trash, they should be gifting that away. As there's less happiness to go around and Emperor AI is below 0 almost every time I declare war (same as me most of the time), they also have less Gold as everything is reduced by as much unhappiness as you have.

I think the unhappiness increase wasn't a good idea. I don't know how the test games on Warlord are performed if the AI there, that has less bonuses, has more problems than my AI on emperor does. And I play with instantly revealed bonus resources as was intended by the heavens, so the AI should get better yields at the start, helping them out if anything...

Yup, I see warrior spammers. Or just guys who make units and then do little with them. They're often crippled as they try to upgrade their legions of trash, they should be gifting that away. As there's less happiness to go around and Emperor AI is below 0 almost every time I declare war (same as me most of the time), they also have less Gold as everything is reduced by as much unhappiness as you have.

I think the unhappiness increase wasn't a good idea. I don't know how the test games on Warlord are performed if the AI there, that has less bonuses, has more problems than my AI on emperor does. And I play with instantly revealed bonus resources as was intended by the heavens, so the AI should get better yields at the start, helping them out if anything...

Logs are always good.

I need to learn how to use unit-gifting. I never do it.

Instantly-revealed bonuses... I've never thought of trying that. I have to assume it tips balance one way or another, though?

Logs are always good.

; Enable AI logging
AILog = 1

; Enable AI performance logging
AIPerfLog = 1

; Enable Builder AI logging
BuilderAILog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

Those? I reinstalled game some time ago, I think those are the ones I'm meant to have on.

I need to learn how to use unit-gifting. I never do it.

Instantly-revealed bonuses... I've never thought of trying that. I have to assume it tips balance one way or another, though?

It's way better to me. You instantly know where to settle, the cities grow just a tiny bit faster (if you're lucky), you don't have to roll a roulette to know what's near you. It just feels awkward to not know what is around me. If you wish to give it a try, go to (2) community balance overhaul and check Community Options, check the
VALUES ('COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RESOURCE_REVEAL', 1);
change 1 into 0, so

VALUES ('COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RESOURCE_REVEAL', 0);

I do it every time I install the patch.

(Sidenote: @Infixo Are you looking at the 'Religion Overview' interface at all? If you are or will be, it'd be really nice to stop seeing the pantheons in there twice.)
I am even using an extension that displays a graphical map (WHoward's mod)... But I haven't noticed pantheons listed twice. Could you pls post a save file to github?

I am even using an extension that displays a graphical map (WHoward's mod)... But I haven't noticed pantheons listed twice. Could you pls post a save file to github?

That mod has never worked for me, and in fact has caused everything in the beliefs screen to just not be there.

I do use several mods; do you need a list or just the file or... ?

The pantheons show once for the pantheon and then a second time for the religion that eventually forms with the pantheon. Purely graphical AFAIK:

I tested a bit, but didnt make logs and github, I can do it later if needed. The settings were once again Communitas Standardmap size. Indonesia. Only had nutmeg spawning. And it seems weird, on standard speed the ressources spawn as supposed. On Epic, some cities, (and the capital) dont spawn any ressources, but I didnt play until candis (seems to me pointless to play Indonesia without there bonus luxs ...).
I've no idea how to go about "logging" or reporting on github, but having got the war machine rolling in my own Indonesia game this evening I've another bit of data to add. First, my specific setup is Deity/Marathon/Huge/Continents Plus, in case any of those parameters turn out to be relevant. Now the new stuff - I finally got my first pepper on my 26th spawn, and in fact got five in a row, but when I started playing today I had four cloves in a row, completely at odds with my previous sessions! I did wonder if the was a bit of in-built clumping in order to help you attain monopolies, though true randomness has a habit of clumping up more than you'd think... even then, the fact it took so long to get any pepper whatsoever makes me doubt that.

(for continued posterity: my spawns have been NNN NNnNCc nNnNnc ccccnnccpPPpPncc - I've got the potential to generate a lot of spice this game, so I'll probably be keeping track for my own interest anyway)

I'll get this onto Github once I find out where the log files and everything are, but:

According to the changelog,
  • Cities will liberate into free city-states if the losing player lacks an ideology and is not influenced by anyone with an ideology
I've seen this happen once already and everything went the way (I believe) it's supposed to. I've just had a revolt in another game, however, and it didn't work out like that:

There are no ideologies as of yet.

My current game has seen... I think five revolts? And we're just in the Industrial, with no ideologies or anything yet.

I'll get this onto Github once I find out where the log files and everything are, but:

According to the changelog,
  • Cities will liberate into free city-states if the losing player lacks an ideology and is not influenced by anyone with an ideology
I've seen this happen once already and everything went the way (I believe) it's supposed to. I've just had a revolt in another game, however, and it didn't work out like that:

There are no ideologies as of yet.

Normal. If a city has a former owner it goes to that owner. Free cities are only for self-revolts.

How's the balance on the changed wonders? I know Boro still needs love (nevermind my failure to note that it's missionaries in the city, not just missionaries that get the +1 spread bonus).

G
Slater Mill is still underwhelming IMO. How about along with the coal and production boost, it further increases production of manufactories by whatever amount (maybe +5p?). This way manufactories are solidified as a viable option, because even after the recent boost to their production, I'd say most people still save them for wonders 90% of the time.

Other notes from current game playing as France on Prince...

England as my neighbor. Spying took place, but wasn't really much of an issue at all. Told her to chill and it lead to denouncements and war as usual. She's now my vassal, but the AI during war was looking good (aside from another instance of essentially sacrificing a GG at one point). I'm now sitting pretty, although I still trail Siam, who's bullied Rome across the ocean and taken control of their continent. I'm early into Renaissance and Rome has already had 2 or 3 cities revolt to free CS.

Even with my military and infrastructure stable, for some reason my unhappiness due to poverty is really bad. I even have a 10% gold bonus in all cities from silk monopoly. This is the first game I've ever payed where I've had to actually focus pop on gold to help brace the unhappiness spike. Something specifically from the poverty side of things seems off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom