1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - November 10th (11/10)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Nov 10, 2016.

1. intelli

intelli Warlord

Ah, didn't realise we were playing the Dick Cheney GOTY Edition!

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

uhhhh https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellogg–Briand_Pact

Anastase Alex likes this.
  3. Meticulous

Meticulous Chieftain

I guess my big issue is that if you don't capture at least one city the AI often seems like it just won't give up, even if they don't have any military left and you've got a city on the verge of capture. They'll wait until war weariness has crippled both of us, which just doesn't seem like a logical move. If I have to capture a city I don't want, I have to take a temporary happiness hit, and it may hurt my diplomatic standing with other civs while also permanently weakening the civ I'm at war with, which I don't necessarily want - it could make them a juicier target for someone else who then becomes a bigger threat later on.

There just doesn't seem to be any winning move against a stubborn civ other than conquering them completely and dealing with the backlash from the rest of the world. Anything else just hampers your own progress for nothing, unless you grab a really nice city but that's just going to make everyone else dislike you.

4. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

Pretty much this.

Cheers.

5. Txurce

Txurce Deity

That's not how it works, unless the AI already hated you. The formula for how it does work is on the prior page.

6. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

I've been playing quite a bit on this patch, it's fantastic. I think Authority is now in a very nice place, even if I still never use the finisher post-buff.

I've been in the discussions on the general balance forum, but overall I think the game is very well balanced and we don't need to rock the boat with big changes.

Thanks for the amazing work!

7. intelli

intelli Warlord

Skidizzle and ElliotS like this.