New Version - November 10th (11/10)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I certainly hope it's the Declaration of War hotfix...

2. LucidAPs

LucidAPs Chieftain

Save game compatible?

Enrico Swagolo likes this.
  3. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

I'd also like to know, I don't want to lose my current save because it's a rather interesting situation I've found myself in.

4. JimBobRedneck

JimBobRedneck Chieftain

Looks to be, or at least it doesn't crash when loading an 11/10 save.

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

6. Fierro

Fierro Warlord

Thank you so much for your work. Until they fix Civ 6 I will probably continue using your mod and enjoying Civ 5 as before :)

Erikose, Bromar1 and Gazebo like this.
  7. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

Question: What do I make of all the redoubled folders and civ5sln files in the C4DF part of the repository? There's four instances of the C4DF for CP only, and five for the CBP version. "(4) C4DF - CBP", "(4) Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Community Balance Patch", "Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Community Balance Patch", two copies of the civ5sln, "(1a) C4DF - CP Only", "(1a) Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - CP Only". . . .

It's excessive.

8. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Ha! Great note.

9. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Could someone recommend a proportional non-Earth continents map, and where to download it?

10. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Use the Tectonic Map Script imo. All of it's maps are really realistic, though depending on the settings it's possible to get a pangea once in a while.

11. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Thanks a lot. Byzantium has obvious appeal, but I may go for my Aztecs security blanket.

12. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

If you're just interested in running the game and nothing more, use the installer. OTOH if you are wanting to provide some changes to the GitHub repo clone it and use the TOP MOST folder that matches the folder structure in the game install.
    Those extra folders in "Build" are hangovers from @Gazebo's Visual Studio compiles and he should remove them, he removed a few just a short time ago so these must have been missed.

13. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Tectonic is really good for Aztecs and other jungle based civs, because it tends to create some giant rain forests around the equator, especially on huge maps. Obviously rainfall and temperature and such affect that though.

Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to remember the forests and jungles on continents being very wimpy.

14. Erikose

Erikose Chieftain

Not sure if just my config (same mods/settings as I always use, full VP+EUI), but barb camps are spawning cataphracts, either as initial units or first additional unit spawn. This is in the ancient era, so obviously even spearmen can't make a dent or hold them off while under heavy cover. Raging is on, and I uncapped my unit's barb killing exp to 1000 in coredefines.sql in the balance changes directory of CBO (made that change in 11/6, and did not see a problem :shifty: ).

Thanks.

- E

15. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

That's a bug with one of Enginseer's mods that I think he fixed last month.

16. Erikose

Erikose Chieftain

Ah - checked his E&D thread, and saw mention of a hotfix, just not explicitely connected to that bug.

Appreciate it, Gazebo. Hard to keep track of all the updates to all my favorite mod mods!

Have a great weekend, and thanks for coming out with another great version for me to spend mine with.

- E

17. LucidAPs

LucidAPs Chieftain

Hello and good morning. Yesterday while i was playing with the latest update the "choose research" button got stuck and couldn't end the turn. Never happened before, just letting you know.

18. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Usually this is due to installation problems. Please, read the guide for a clean install.

19. LucidAPs

LucidAPs Chieftain

Yeah i know what it says, i'll do a clean install manually and see if it happens again but usually Gazebo's installer got me covered.

20. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I'll stress the part of manually deleting some folders. If there is a file name change between versions, older ones may not be correctly deleted, specially if you skip one release.