1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - November 10th (11/10)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Nov 10, 2016.

1. merill

merill Prince

And for me it was stuck on the "choose building" yesterday.
    It's particularly annoying when it happen in a multiplayer session, as a reload is time-consuming.

2. LucidAPs

LucidAPs Chieftain

I also got my second ctd ever, but to be fair and not to alarm everyone unnecessarily my mod list is not just vox populi. Just reporting and if someones reports the same it might be worth checking.

3. DoctorDuke

DoctorDuke Chieftain

For me it's not crashing; it's a blank trade screen: Catherine, eg, offers me gold and resources in exchange for DOW, but my side of the screen is blank so I don't know who to declare on. At first I thought it only happened when I played Monte, but it's happened with Hiawatha too.

4. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

DoctorDuke, that happened to me in the previous versions as well, but I haven't had such offers yet in the new version.

5. LucidAPs

LucidAPs Chieftain

Running a new setup with just VP, no crushing so far and that seemingly blank trade happened to me too but not in the new version so far.

6. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

I just got my first offer to DOW someone and it works ok now, at least for me (I'm running only the full VP, no other mods).

7. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

I've never tried to broker peace as a 3rd party, so I'm not sure if I'm missing sth. In the current game I've tried to broker peace between Carthage and Indonesia. When I tried with the (apparently) losing Carthage, it said that the war score must be at least 0. When I then immediately tried with Indonesia (logically the one winning), I selected "Make peace with", but "Carthage" was greyed out and and when I hovered over "Carthage", there was nothing (no info or anything). So I couldn't broker peace. When the tides of war changed, I had the same situation with Carthage over Indonesia. So is there sth hidden that I don't know about? Thnx.

Bromar1 likes this.
  8. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Every time I have tried to broker piece (leading by 75+), my opponent is grayed out. However, an offer tends to follow soon after.

Bromar1 likes this.
  9. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Yeah I always tried to broker peace but the tooltip never showed up on why. I even checked logs if there were any issues, but looks like none.

Bromar1 likes this.
  10. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

Hey guys,

I just had an almost literal 100 turn "cold"-war with the AI.

They were literally half way around the world and posed no threat to me or me to them (civ was Byzantine, I was Polish). Thedora just DOW me out of nowhere and had no chance of reaching my cities, but even after tens of turns I couldn't sue for peace (war score was at 0 the entire time).

I was busy fighting another civ next to me so I had no resources to spare on a fools invasion across the sea (i had no navy).

The main issue was that my happiness took a nose dive and there was nothing I could do about it, it was ridiculous (even after I ended my conflict with the Civ I was fighting (Spain)). This war had 0 impact on me, I had no troops abroad nor any commerce broken, but my empire was almost about to collapse from a -25 happiness debuff.

Eventually Theodora got in trouble with a neighbour of hers and gave a white peace....which eventually restored everything back to normal.

Also, while we discuss war and the AI:
    The AI is WAY to stubborn to remain at war, even when:
    a) has lost one or more cities
    b) has no units in the front
    c) has no feasible counterattack in the short term
    d) war score is around clearly in my favour
    e) I am stronger and more technologically advanced

Hope I made myself clear. English is not my first language.

Thoughts?

PS: I play on Prince.
    PS2: I'm also getting the black trade screen when DOW or PEACE is on the table
    PS3: No other mods, full VP

Cheers.

Bromar1 likes this.
  11. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I think it really depends on what type of leader bias they have on making peace and the CP somehow amped that up when trying to make peace. I've remembered Gandhi wanting to broker peace despite him being significantly stronger than me in economic and military terms whereas Askia would have never backed down so I had to conquer his entire nation despite me pillaging all the tiles and making sure no one get out of his cities alive.

12. CrimsonY

CrimsonY Chieftain

Hi,

I'm a big time fan of Civ V and always wanted to play mods in multi, mostly with my uncle and have fun for hours,

I just recently discovered this modpack and it's amazing, screw civ VI, this is a new game altogether xD
    I was mostly interested in AI fixes when this popped up in my search result, but I discovered there may be just too much content at once to get into it as is, I was wondering if it was possible to try mods apart and add content after each game or something.
    I don't know anything about modding other than putting the mod pack in the right place.

Is it possible to find just parts of this mod like a modular pack?

(and as a side question, is it possible to have the AI fixes without the insane advantages set at prince and below? or is playing settlers still like playing prince from non modded version? Because I am up for a challenge, but having an AI build a wonder around the time I take to finish my second research seems a tiny little tad overpowered in AI cheat bonus O_O)

If anyone can guide me a little, even if it's just PM-ing me links to FAQs about this, I'll be eternally grateful, from discovering bananas to future tech =P

13. ashendashin

ashendashin King

The installer does work in parts. The modpack is for multiplayer, so it has everything in one package. Download the installer and only enable the community patch if that's what you want to start with.
    The AI doesn't get much of a boost on prince. They probably built stonehenge, which is the first wonder available.

Edit:
    I think Settler is around the difficulty that there are absolutely no boosts for the AI. Still though, Stonehenge is unlocked along with settlers and it gives a huge boost to faith, so it's a good one to build straight away on lower difficulties.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    CrimsonY likes this.
  14. CrimsonY

CrimsonY Chieftain

They did, and I was researching it asap too, what scared me was the mouse over info saying like, AI receive big or huge bonus and it started for anything higher than settler, time to grovel in the mud until real civilized humans put me out of my misery xD. I started my civ journey with V so all this civ 4 is new to me, I certainly like the new discoveries.

I'll find the installer then, first time malware-bite said there was a threat so I used the other download that wasn't the installer.

Thank you for your help.

15. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

AI bonuses are generally lower and spread over time instead of it being frontloaded (as with case with vanilla)

Chieftain is the difficulty with no bonuses while Settler has AIs with slight disadvantages.

And I'm glad you found it enjoyable :)

CrimsonY likes this.
  16. CrimsonY

CrimsonY Chieftain

Thanks again for the swift reply, the mod-pack is for multiplayer AND achievements, though some might be impossible to unlock with a modded game, I still want to try.
    So it turns out the installer installs mod the same way as steam workshop would, silly me xD.

My last question (promise) is: as an experienced player with this community patch, is settler, prince, king, etc... still about the same overall difficulty as the non modded game wants to be.
    What I mean by that is, would prince be a "fair" game for player vs AI, taking into account the normal prince diff was AIs stuck at 400 points and 2 era behind, and even with current military, unable to attack or defend properly unless severely outnumbering the player, and unable to grow their civ properly without having like -75 gold per turn, no science, no culture, no nothing.

I suppose I'll find out in time, but that was the main let down to me, either it was INSANE AI cheats to keep up on high diff, or all AIs unable to cope with the realities of the world past medieval era.
    Sorry for long post >_<

17. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

It is not the same difficulty :
    + The AI has far less bonuses
    + But the AI is cleverer (non-modded AI is basically a random generator with suffisantly many bonuses to be able to win again the player)
    + So the AI is far stronger than in non-modded games

Moreover, players advantages have been strongly reduced in settler and cheiftain, so you're no longer "cheating" by playing at thoses difficulty, so I would advise you to make at least one game in settler or chieiftain.

CrimsonY likes this.
  18. CrimsonY

CrimsonY Chieftain

Ah, that's reassuring, I'll give settler a try then, thank you!

19. jantjeuh83

jantjeuh83 Chieftain

Does this only apply to CBP or also to the standalone CP? I haven't noticed much difference between vanilla AI and CP AI, finding them about equally easy to beat.

20. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

The AI improvement are present in CP, but with some restriction.
    Even if in vanilla Civ, Tradition -> Rationnalism is better than other choices, the AI will make its choices "as if everything was balanced", and chose Honnor if it want to play aggressive, liberty if it want to play with a lot of cities, and Tradition if they want only few cities.
    In short, CP improve the AI, but does not teach the AI to exploit balance issues, and CBO forbid the player to exploit balance issues, making the AI competitive with the player.
    So even if the AI rework is in CP, the difficulty gap is between CP ans full-VP.

Note that, even with all the efforts made by the VP team, the AI is still "not good" (far cleverer than in vanilla, but...) at military tactics so playing aggressively, or at epic/maraton game pace make the game easier.