Newport State of Mind

nonconformist

Miserable
A Welsh parody of the hit song Empire State of Mind has become an overnight sensation on the internet.

The original song by rapper Jay-Z extols the virtues of living in New York. But the spoof version features actors singing about their love of Newport in South Wales.

Hundreds of thousands of people have watched it online and it has even been played on Radio One.

The director of the video, M-J Delaney, and its stars Alex Warren and Terema Wainwright, spoke to BBC Breakfast about making the song.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-10749568

Link to video.
Gotta love the Brits

What on earth is that horrific accent?

Thank god for the subtitles.

It's better than the original btw.

EDIT: "Twinned with Guangxi Province in China" :lmao:

Thank god for the subtitles.

It's better than the original btw.

EDIT: "Twinned with Guangxi Province in China"

There's no province finer,

We didnt know either,

Thank you wikipedia"

:lol::lol::lol: brilliant :goodjob:

I think I like that more than the original ;) that's the Welsh sense of humour at its best

This is..pretty good!

Being Welsh does have some coolness to it after all!

The accent I'm not a fan of but the song parody was really quite clever and fun.

Wales must burn.

I'm all for trying to resurrect Cromwell to sort out the Catholics, the neo-Jacobins and aliens. For Great Britain England. At that point I'm open to nominations for how we should dispose of the French. England will of course follow immediately after. The Germans can repopulate both places.

Haha, this went viral! I actually grew up in Newport, lived there until I was 19. The video is 100% accurate.

Top Bottom