NFL 2009 Regular Season

Why is that Whomp?

I just found out I scored free tickets to the Saints/Bengals preseason game tomorrow, which will be my first NFL experience ever. This should be a pretty stiff test to see how committed to both jumping off the Bengals bandwagon, and being a Saints fan I am.

Who Dey? No...Who Dat!

Our defense is not going to be very good and I think we'll still lean on Forte massively even with Cutler who doesn't have a "go to WR". We travel to the west coast twice, five night games and two 3 pm games. Kind of weird.

When I look at the schedule they could easily be 0-3 out of the gate and 1-3 by the bye week.
@ GB(L), Pitt(L), @Sea(L) and Det(W). Not a great way to start.

Then we get a bye and play @Atl(W/L), @Cin(W/L), Clev(W) and AZ(W/L) (2-2)This is the critical part of the schedule where they have to go 3-1 or we're doomed.

Then we get @SF(W), Phil(L), @Min(L) and St L (W)(2-2) This could be worse than I expect.

GB(W/L), @Bal(W/L), Min(W), @Det(W) (3-1) Just to keep us saying wait till we get a WR...

Vegas confirms with the O/U at 8 1/2.

I'm pretty copacetic about it. He broke the law, did his time, and is volunteering to make amends for his past actions. If the NFL is going to be stringent about barring law-breakers than they had better be even-handed about it, because there's quite a few cases of it going on.

vick signs for the eagles, says espn during the steelers-cards game.

2 year deal.

Very strange. Why would the Eagles want Vick ? He doesn't fit their offense all that well...

Stallworth suspended for a year for the DUI manslaughter. I gree with the NFL against the legal in that Stallworth's crime deserved harsher punishment than Vick's.

Stallworth suspended for a year for the DUI manslaughter. I gree with the NFL against the legal in that Stallworth's crime deserved harsher punishment than Vick's.

I think it also had something to do with the fact that Vick spent 2 years in jail while Stallworth spent 30 days there... Vick has been punished but he deserves a second chance (although I am happy its not with the Rams). Stallworth on the other hand caused the death of another man (something Vick didn't do), so the year suspension in addition to the 30 days in prison seems a fair punishment to me...

I think taking the legal sentence into account would be going too far on the NFL's part, they don't exist to patch up or make sentences fairer. The decision should be made independent of whatever the legal system decided, and I think in this case the NFL judged the cases well.

Stallworth was 10000x less complicit in killing that man than Vick was in his various crimes. It was arguable in the court case if Stallworth should have any blame at all. Just sayin.

as an eagles fan, i'm a little skeptical about vick. yea, guys deserve second chances and all that but it's the old NIMBY (not in my back yard) argument. let someone else deal w/ the baggage...and there will be a ton of it. the TO saga was nothing compared to what this is gonna turn out to be.

that said, from a production point of view, i could see him possibly lining up as a wildcat type or in the slot or in the backfield w/ westbrook. i just don't see him getting on the field behind center.

I don't have any problems at all with Vick playing...I just don't think he's a good fit in Philly.

If McNabb leaves soon, and Vick is a scratch and dent sale, I think buying into Vick just long enough to see what he can do is an ok idea, especially since McNabb is pricey.

I think bring up Vick's past is trivial at this point, since he paid his dues and is coming in a fresh recruit. What if an ex-con completed college and was a top baller along the way? Would he be barred from playing?

IMO you ca't really use Vick to run the wild cat unless you use him on other plays as well. Because if Vick only runs the wild cat, other teams will be able to see it coming a mile away. Any time Vick takes the field just line up your wild cat defense.

from what i've read in the philly rags, vick is not going to be used as a QB. so i wouldn't put any stock in the argument that bringing him in to pad the QB depth chart.

the main and probably most respected football scribe for the Daily News mentioned him in a wildcat position (amongst others like slot, RB, and even KR & PR). it's intriguing too since he noted that so far, the wildcat players haven't had nearly the skills of a mike vick. i mean, ronnie brown taking a direct snap and feigning to pass is nowhere near as nerve wracking for opposing defenses as a mike vick taking one...so that point was interesting from an x&o standpoint.

anyway, don't expect vick to be playing qb anytime soon in philly. i think reid is going to have the dude try to totally reinvent himself.

Imo the only way he can run the wildcat is if he also plays running back.

Top Bottom