NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution Game Thread

Well if not Nictel and not Duke Blackstone then who else is a suspect?

Personally the robbiecon situation seems off to me, especially since he says he wants all repairmen to contact him but repairmen have already been coordinating in private since the very first night. And many repairmen outranking his status yet he is saying he is now in charge of engineering, etc.

I'm just confuzzled.

End Morning Phase Four, Start Midday Phase Four

Journal Entry Number Eleven. 13:00 shipboard time. Nine Days to Port.

Understandably after the party things were a little slow in development. It’s likely the alcohol and lack of sleep were to blame, but Diamondeye turning up innocent was also a likely culprit. Those who were large suspects yesterday suddenly were not quite in the spotlight anymore, though Nictel was once again making an appearance at the top of everyone’s suspicion list. The Inventory Sheet drew almost no attention at all with Earthling leading the vote over Methos.

The day ticked onward as the sun reached its highest point in the sky. Aside from the murders and sabotage, the impending attack on the ship was on everyone’s mind. Anxiety was at an all-time high for the crew as the message from earlier basically told them our doom was approaching. Fortunately, we wouldn’t have to wait too long.

Coming out of the sun streaked five jet fighters, armed to the teeth and in a steep dive headed for the ship. General Quarters sounded and Methos ordered the ship to begin evasive maneuvers. Once again, he looked at the Aegis Weapons System and was disgusted to find it off line. “Oh well,” he thought. “We’ll do this the old-fashioned way.”

The ship’s wheel was slammed to port to upset the targeted dive the fighters were now in. The fighters adjusted their dive flaps accordingly and were able to keep on target with relative ease. They leveled out just above sea level and continued on toward the ship. Methos countered by turning the ship toward the fighters, in an attempt to make the ship a smaller target in their sights.

With the ship now headed partially toward them, the fighters lined up single-file and pulled up, high enough to just clear the superstructure. Their combined speed from the dive and engines made the pass incredibly quick – the pilots had less than a second to fire their guns before blowing right by. One by one the fighters opened up on the Impending Retribution, strafing the Deck, Bridge, and Navigation Bridge. What was left of the Deck exploded as the rounds hit home, and windows in the Bridge shattered as the bullets blasted right through them. Consoles once online in the Bridge suddenly went offline. Shrapnel ricocheted around the Navigation Bridge, narrowly missing those present.

After the pass, the fighters climbed steeply and disappeared into the clouds. Sailors tried to track them visually, but between the spotty cloud cover and glare from the sun, tracking the speeding jets was close to impossible. A few minutes passed without incident, and the sailors began wondering if that was it.

Without warning, the jets reappeared, this time off the starboard side of the ship. At sea level, each jet launched one surface-surface missile from its payload before veering off and disappearing. The five missiles streaked toward the almost helpless ship and Methos once again turned hard to starboard in an attempt to cause the missiles to miss. It was futile to say the least.

The missiles had locked onto the ship’s rather large heat signature, and avoiding them was a pointless endeavor. Even though there was not another ship in the vicinity, the collision alarm was sounded telling every sailor to brace for impact. They slammed into the side of the ship with such force it almost capsized the ship over to port. Everyone not already on the deck was slammed to the ground violently, and warning buzzers from the online consoles screamed something was amiss. Methos slowly got up, barked orders to go find out what the damage report was, then thought ‘the hell with it’ and decided to go see for himself. He ordered I come with him to survey the damage.

As he scrambled down the ladder, men were racing back and forth carrying fire hoses, axes, and other implements to try and contain the fires now raging below decks. Emergency lights lit the way, a sure sign something important was offline. His first stop was the ship’s Armory where a near-miss had caused some of the smaller ordnance to go off. Fortunately no one was injured or inside the compartment during the explosions, but the compartment was substantially damaged.

His next stop was the Pump Room, where another missile had penetrated the ship’s hull but miraculously didn’t explode. Before damage crews could enter to patch the hole, the missile had to be disarmed and removed. Still though despite the non-explosion, a lot of shrapnel had gotten into the pumps themselves, causing quite a bit of damage. Fortunately though, they were still working.

Moving aft, he encounter the Electrical Room where a missile had centered the compartment and exploded. Wires hung everywhere and sparked uncontrollably. No wonder the ship was dark. Despite the damage, most of the ‘important’ systems had backups of sort except for one thing – the secure locks on all of the compartments. Until the damage was fixed, everyone could enter a compartment without the necessary clearance. This point was proven when Methos and I entered the CIC without necessary authorization where another missile had detonated. Fortunately, this one was only a glancing blow and didn’t cause as much damage as the one did in the Electrical Room. Still, damage was damage, and would have to be looked after at some point.

While the damage was severe, the ship was still afloat and sailing toward port. The jets had disappeared, hopefully never to return. With Aegis offline, another attack would be equally devastating but the consensus aboard was that was it. If they had intended to sink the ship, they would have done so already. Shockingly, not a single sailor was injured thanks to everyone taking the necessary precautions and not doing anything stupid during the attack.

~~~​

Vote Tally:

Execution:

Nictel: 4
Duke Blackstone: 3
Darth Caesar: 1
Autolycus: 1
choxorn: 1

Inventory Sheet:

Earthling: 2
Methos: 1

Voting Still Open.

• Execution votes in Bold
  • Votes for the Inventory Sheet in Blue.

Quick Notes:
  • Damage Report: Amory: Gains 40% Damage, Pump Room: 40% Damage, Electrical Room: 60% Damage, CIC: 40% Damage, and Bridge, Navigation Bridge, and Deck: 10% each.
  • There were no promotions to report.
  • Over/Under Number is 4.

Deadline for all voting is 23 hours from this post!

Note, for anyone who has the ability to promote a repair person into a CWO position, please do so prior to the midday update. If you do so, then they are able to repair tonight. Remember, we currently have positions that are vacant.

I am still missing information on who to promote:)

So no vacancies filled today? That happens at mid-day right?

EDIT: I know that promotions/demotions happen at night, but thought that filling vacancies happens at mid day.

((GM Note: Correct))

"Seriously, SEE WHAT STATE SHE IS IN?! LOOK HOW THEY HAVE RAVAGED HER!! I need to heal her luscious body! Don't throw me in the brig!"

Am I the only one concerned that we have a lot of open positions that likely have rank abilities that would be quite beneficial to the ship, especially when we have so much damage and systems off line?

Current vacant positions:

- Commander
- Petty Officer First Class
- Lieutenant JG
- Seaman Apprentice
- Recruit (this one is obviously not important)

Not even one of these filled today?

Nictel to the brig and Methos for the Inventory Sheet. Seems like something a Captain needs a lot more than Petty Officer Earthling does.

So DE was the alignment he was expected to be. . Disapointed in the people who continued to add more votes on him.. They should be looked at more closely

The party was held because it was a PG and nothing more. . If you didn't wanted it to inferfere with the townie plans, then you should have taken contact with either landlubber or myself and inform us.. but that didn't exactly happen Renata and Methos.. Landlubber and myself are not to be blamed for this.

Frankly, any time you have a single use ability, you're responsible for deciding when to use it. You knew we were taking progressive damage from the deck's condition, and one saboteur was dead, so it seemed likely we might be able to make gains against the saboteurs. I can't blame you fully for the bunk explosion or the recent plane assault, but either or both of these problems might have been mitigated or prevented, had you not had your misguided party. Therefore, I leave Darth Caesar aside for the moment, and say you need to be disciplined, God Emperor.

Well lads, I'm glad we're still alive, but I don't quite understand how the ship is still afloat.
5 direct hits from antiship missiles ?!? Something unheard of, enough to sink a carrier, I think.
Remember the Sheffield ? It only took one to send her to the bottom of the sea, and it was a destroyer. Let's be happy it was not French missiles, for we would all be talking with the fishes now.

Enough history, back to the present matters. I urge anyone in charge of promotions to quickly have a talk with the person coordinating the repairs. If you don't know who that is, where have you been ? But feel free to send me a discreet message. I wouldn't want the saboteurs to interfere with this business.

And also, I still don't understand why Sprig is off the hook. Someone care to enlighten me ?

Sprig is momentarily off the hook because he handed over his explosive to one of Renata or Methos, I think.

Nictel to the brig and Methos for the Inventory Sheet. Seems like something a Captain needs a lot more than Petty Officer Earthling does.

"I hope you like swimming."

Am I the only one concerned that we have a lot of open positions that likely have rank abilities that would be quite beneficial to the ship, especially when we have so much damage and systems off line?

No, you are not. Whose responsibility is all of that, and why are you skipping out on it?

Also, to the person who refused to do repairs tonight, I seriously urge you to reconsider. We may not have two more nights at this rate, you know? Argh.

Nictel claims to be a repair person and has agreed to work on repairs tonight. What about that is not getting through to you, Zack?

I'm too sick to play this game right now, it's just pissing me off.

Sprig is momentarily off the hook because he handed over his explosive to one of Renata or Methos, I think.

He is, though honestly if people are still suspicious he'd be as good a candidate as any to go to the brig. I don't think there's much chance his ability would come into play tonight.

Nictel claims to be a repair person and has agreed to work on repairs tonight. What about that is not getting through to you, Zack?
(*goes back and reads the thread*)

It must have slipped my mind - he never said it himself, after all, despite ample opportunity. Instead he's been spouting off random nonsense. Is there a good alternative to Nictel?

He is, though honestly if people are still suspicious he'd be as good a candidate as any to go to the brig. I don't think there's much chance his ability would come into play tonight.

Isnt there a non exploded bomb to disarm?

Top Bottom