1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution Game Thread

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Backwards Logic, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Askthepizzaguy

Askthepizzaguy Know the Dark Side

I can sense that others are losing their nerve. This worm is wriggling on our hook, and you want to let him go?

Hold steady, men! The cowardly murderers among us have to have someone infiltrating our repair crew, and this Nictel is sweating elephant bullets. He's writhing in the painful agony of his impending doom, you must not show weakness, you must demonstrate resolve! Let not your emotions weaken you, gird yourselves manfully, grit your teeth, and shove the slayer of men into the slimy brig where he belongs!

HEAVE HEAVE!! HO HO!!! THIS GUILTY NICTEL HAS GOT TO GO!!!

2. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

Is there? If there is, never mind.

Pizza, the saboteurs already had someone hiding among the repair people, that being TheForestAuro. If Nictel is anything, he is probably a rogue, with as much incentive not to be sent to the bottom of the ocean through a cracked hull as the rest of us have. I'd think that you of all people would understand the necessity of sometimes making unusual alliances. If this isn't such an instance, what is?

We need more repair people, there just aren't all that many of us yet, and we're not holding the right ranks, either. Which brings me right back to the empty officer slots, whose jobs it would normally be to make the necessary changes. I am not happy.

3. Askthepizzaguy

Askthepizzaguy Know the Dark Side

I'm not interested in forming an alliance with the murderers until I get a confession and proof of their guilt.

OOC:
    Spoiler :

Sorry, you know from the CoV that I am willing to make alliances with anyone, but I don't make alliances with people I don't know and who aren't being honest with me. It is the same reason you guys flushed me so quickly. We both know what's necessary for cooperation, and that's trust. There is no trust with the unknown. That's why I flushed Beskar.

I am just as concerned with our useful people being MURDERED. The ship can be repaired, dead people cannot.

Confession followed by proof, or no deal.

4. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

Again, I have the ability to promote ranks. Who wants what, why, and who is most important. I can promote everything below Lt., or give someone my rank if they need it. I have access to the CIC and the Nav bridge. If anyone has the Aegis motherboard, now would be the time to say so as I dont believe we can repair the system without it.

5. Nictel

Nictel Emperor

"Crazy! All crazy!"

(OOC: Pizza thinks this is a mafia game, as such he is wrong)

6. Nictel

Nictel Emperor

"Also I need access to the bridge!"

7. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

Nictel, I think we gave Renata the master-key, so if she wants to help you, she can. Duke Blackstone, I think you should promote me to the PO1 slot that's vacant above me. As to why, well, I know I don't have any rank abilities at this level, and there might be some at the next that are useful.

8. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

If I am not mistaken, we all have access everywhere right now since the damage in the electrical room has disabled the secure locks on the ship.

EDIT:

Bold mine.

9. Frozen In Ice

Frozen In Ice Emperor

Nictel you are only adding to my personal suspicions about you. If we didn't need some repairsmen I'd say we should throw you into the brig this instant. Earthling can have the inventory sheet.

10. Nictel

Nictel Emperor

"Frozen in Ice for not wanting to make this journey shorter."

11. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

I think it is important that we have all of the officer positions filled at all times. I don’t know what rank abilities they all have, but leaving them vacant is not productive.

As for who to fill the vacancies, I can’t really help you, other than to say make sure it is someone you trust.

12. Frozen In Ice

Frozen In Ice Emperor

When on earth did I ever indicate such nonsense, Nictel? That's right I take back what I said a mere few minutes ago.

13. Nictel

Nictel Emperor

"Because you know fully enough why I need what I need."

14. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

Current brig calls, by my count, following Frozen's statement:
    Nictel: 6
    Duke Blackstone: 3
    God Emperor:1
    Autolycus: 1
    choxorn: 1
    Sprig:1
    Frozen:1

We are swiftly approaching the point where we shoot, rather than jail. Oh, and captain Methos can have the sheet.

15. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Why Earthling? What has he done to prove he deserves an inventory sheet over the captain?

16. Frozen In Ice

Frozen In Ice Emperor

No, I know why you claim you need it, but I don't think I can trust you with anything.

Nothing really, but the captian has enough on his hands as it is.

17. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

Frozen in Ice needs to explain where and when he got the weapon he presently carries, and why he's so desperate to keep it a secret.

18. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

JG Niklas sits quietly at the stern, watching the wake of the ship as it churns the waters. The attack didn't seem to faze him much, as his near-catatonic state already pre-dated it.

What's the point? What's the use? When did we become the ones we weren't?

19. God Emperor

God Emperor Chieftain

Right I will take matters into my own hands. Any repair guy that would like a promotion, please contact me

20. Secura

Secura Chieftain

I'm voting for Renata to have the inventory sheet.

My lynch vote goes to Frozen In Ice; you've been asked about the assault rifle you have, but refuse to state where you got it from. So, who gave you the weapon and when?