Political Compass IV

Without knowing what questions effect which axis (and how) it is hard to work out exactly what they do mean, but from my recollection of the questions and my guess of their effects I think they mostly mean the state "intervening in their personal environment" rather than providing a social safety net.

yes
my guess as well

But how can you transfer money and/or ownership (to get more social rights and money) without intervening in the personal freedom of many people ?
This means imo that once you choose the leftish direction of the horizontal axis, you have apparently no issues to intervene in personal freedom, in the personal environment of the people that have some or some more money and ownership.

The thing why I deepen it out is that this splits of leftish libertarian is unstable and imo part of the root cause why leftish is so eroding in the traditional European welfare countries.
Perhaps not so much for people who are well-informed and well-thought-through, but on the surface to the broad public it is a splits where personal freedom erodes societal responsibility for all: the old tension between individualism and collectivism.

But how can you transfer money and/or ownership (to get more social rights and money) without intervening in the personal freedom of many people ?
Well, I guess that depends on if you class taxation as "intervening in the personal freedom of" people. If freedom from taxation is "personal freedom" then what is not personal?

upload_2021-11-3_0-47-31.png

Hovering around where I've always been

Figured this deserves a bump considering the politics drifting into other threads where it is not welcome!

I think I may take the test later on when I get the time to get an update.

Gave it a whirl. Every time I retake this quiz I find myself disliking it more.

Anyway, my scores are basically the same as they've been for the last ten years or so:

When taking the test, I found this question. The funny thing is I hate both of the system and don't see if one is superior than other. I mostly choose Disagree/Agree to "strongly" choice. Doesn't feel like it represent me tbh
upload_2022-6-7_15-4-46.png

The Test is pretty rubbish, and often forces answers that are far from perfect. I think it trys to ask similar questions enough times to hone in on a true answer.

pc22.png

I used to deliberately respond "Strongly agree/disagree" to the questions such that I'd get a perfect -10/-10, but refraining from doing so doesn't change it that much. I agree some of the questions are kinda janky.

i am not as extreme as the test says (except in environmentals), test only really works for moderates imo

Here’s the result I’ve gotten:

Economic Left/Right: 1.63​

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64​

Given the results, I’m supprised that the far right wingers haven’t totally damaged me.

Last edited:
I didn't move. The graph moved!

Economic left/right -2.5
Social Libertarian / Authoritarian -2.41

Google's "Don't be evil" was removed from their code of conduct in 2018.

Last edited:
I get very different results on this thing depending on if I answer this with the mindset of encountering the given statements within a neutral society, or within the society I am familiar with.

There are a great deal of statements that I am no longer inclined to treat as being said authentically. When Keir Starmer says "Hard working families" I hear three different things being said to many groups.

Either way, I feel like I'm heading slightly west and very south.

It is broken for me, "Next Page" just reloads Page 1 of 6. I think we should do our own anyway, it could be so much better.

Also, is the analysis of political parties right?

Re. the UK in 2019, I though Plaid Cymru was pretty well left of Labour, SNP and SDLP.
Spoiler UK general election 2019 :

Re. the US, Trump got more right wing economically and less authoritarian from 2016 to 2020? After all the sanctions and tear gassing peaceful protestors? And Hillary was more socially liberal than Biden?

Spoiler US presidential elections 2016 and 2020 :

Last edited:
Top Bottom