Polygamy, right or wrong?

I think that the 'love-making' component seems to apply whether it's hetero- or homo-, really. Obviously, it need not be procreative, but that's only a subset of the reason why sex is beneficial for some people.

Not really. If you'd like to argue against contraception, that's a different argument. That doesn't change the fact that gay sex does not make biological sense.

And I know people are going to say "But the animals do it!" Who cares? Animals are not the highest form of life, and animals do not have a moral conscience. This does not change the very real fact that gay marriage is fundamentally disordered because it comes from disordered desires that do not make biological sense and CANNOT be used for procreation.

You argue for biological sense yet you dismiss it entirely when the biology itself becomes contradictory to your main argument?

I would consider it sex the same way oral is sex. That is to say, yes, but it is not a natural biological form of sex.

What do you mean by natural? The anus is an erogenous zone.

Because its a means of forcing society to view gay marriages as "Equal" when they are not natural.

Once again, what do you mean by natural? What's natural about marriage?

These people are historically wrong. Marriage as an instutition has NEVER been a man and another man until modern homosexuals redefined the definitions. Even in ancient Greece and Rome where homosexuality was usually seen as acceptable, there was no gay marriage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Rome#Gay_marriage

GW16, I respect that you are trying to think critically about this but you learn pretty fast how natural all kinds of sex is the moment you actually start doing it. This is definitely a time to not parrot people with political or social agendas that have nothing to do with how arbitrarily natural something is. Its more a time to listen and ask questions.

"The whole point of same sex marriage is to say it is exactly equal as an heterosexual marriage."

"Equal" does not mean "the same".

Nuance detected, and I mostly agree. I still dont even see them as precisely 'equal' either (for example, I think traditional couples should have priority in adoption cases over SSM couples). My apologies.

:mad: Don't get me started on BAQ BAH. It's the primary reason I got out of the military. Married guys got special treatment as far as I'm concerned, and the military treats single guys as second class citizens. Not only do they get paid more, but they work less hours, because the supervisors let them off whenever the wife has a problem at home. Which means the single guys are working even more hours.

Ok, i'm going to have to correct you here. Married guys dont get 'paid more'. Married guys get the same basic pay of their rank as single soldiers.

BAH is a benefit, and all soldiers that live off post receive it to varying degree, even single soldiers. Its not solely based on marriage status, but upon dependency upon the soldier and also their location. Its meant to be an offset for local housing costs.

As to your allegation that married soldiers work less, thats just a load of bull, and it utterly depends on ones supervisor. My first year in the Army I was gone 7 months out of the year, and had a wife and newborn baby then. I didnt see any special treatment for having a family. In fact, I had to work an extra job at night to help pay for bills so my wife could stay at home with the baby.

I friggin' hated the military for that reason. The only reason to stay in until retirement is if you are married. It's a married man's society. I've only seen a couple single guys stick it out for 20 years.

I've seen many. And considering the divorce rate the military experiences, its inane to call it a 'married man's society'. Its anything but that. Perhaps you should have hated your unfair supervisor and made an EO/IG complaint against him as opposed to blaming the military in total for your one small example.

I would consider it sex the same way oral is sex. That is to say, yes, but it is not a natural biological form of sex.

That's actually just a really sad, reductionist, human-hating view of sexuality. Hopefully you'll grow out of it - some people never do.

I can be monogamous with someone I am not in a common law (or any other form of) marriage with and and be in a common law marriage with someone I am not monogamous with.

That is kind of the point?

Apparently you've never heard of a 'common law' marriage, I take it?

Sorry, but I don't accept common law marriages as marriages. That's just stretching the definition of marriage too far for me. :mischief:

And that's why we should ban them.

In Australia it's called a "de facto" relationship and has been legislated to be basically equal to a formal marriage in most legal contexts. Initially that was because tax and welfare and stuff, as well as conferring next of kin and the like.

However, it's also actually sort of a back door by which same sex relationships have been brought close to equality, since same sex de facto relationships are recognised.

While we are at it: It is pretty natural to kill your offspring, too. For humans and many other animals (and I mean after birth, so shut up pro-lifers :p).
But as I already explained in the thread on naturality: If you use naturality to justify something, you don't understand the concept of naturality. Which is the quit arbitrary distinction between a state of purity and exterior factors which corrupt this purity. So only a word to describe a view point of a relation. By itself - nothing more. Thats why it is so easy to make people look inconsistent who use naturality as an argument nevertheless

Top Bottom