Poser Figures and Props for Kinboat's Paperdoll

Ok I will start a new thread the next time I post something. I know there is a holster, and a dozen or so other props out there... but I just can't remember who I gave them all too. I think there were some pitchforks. A couple of helmets. and so on.... I just never kept track of them.

Ok I will start a new thread the next time I post something. I know there is a holster, and a dozen or so other props out there... but I just can't remember who I gave them all too. I think there were some pitchforks. A couple of helmets. and so on.... I just never kept track of them.
The pitchforks can be found on a thread I started : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=185230 Quinzy will make a good use of them if I don't :)

I was wondering if anyone had a long sleeve plain collared shirt for the paperdoll as well as some plain pants....

The "T shirt" that Kinboat provides for the PDM is actually a long-sleeved shirt - it's just got an invisible material on the sleeves to turn it into a short-sleeved one. Just remove it and there you go. I think utahjazz7 posted a version with that already done so that you don't even have to do that.

ok, ill check it out....thanks

PROPS

Download.
The cape I modeled for my Sumerian Infantry unit. It's actually just a morphed version of my original cape prop. It comes with a texture map.

Download.
The helmet worn by my Sumerian Infantry unit.

Download.
The spear from my Sumerian Infantry unit.

Download.
The shield used by my Sumerian Infantry unit.

TEXTURES

Download.
The texture and transparency map used on the the long kilt prop worn by my Sumerian Infantry unit. Note that the long kilt prop used was the one redone by me, not Kinboat's original.

Here are the figure and props that I created for my Bronze Axeman unit. Be warned that the models have a lot of polygons and render slowly. I'm also distributing the textures that I used for the unit, but I would really, really prefer it if I did not see the textures used for other units without some strong modification. For example, I don't want to see other units running around with the same shield design. If that happens, I won't post things in the future. :)

CONFORMING FIGURES

Download. Armor figure. There is a morph for the hips that makes the cloth fit with the legs. Don't change the setting, or the legs will poke through at the top.

PROPS

Download. Axe prop.

Download. Helmet prop.

Download. Scabbard prop.

Download. Shield prop.

Download. Left shin guard prop.

Download. Right shin guard prop.

Utah - Thanks for all of the models! They have been immensely invaluable as I begin unit making.

Now after flattering you, I was wondering if you could post one of your basic bridle and rein combos? One like what you used for the Territorial Cavalry or the Rohirrim? That would be awesome!

Utahjazz,
I noticed that your morphable cape does not UV map correctly. I fixed it (mirrored over the rough parts). I then tried to use "replace body part with prop" to replace your cloak with a modified version of it. But the morphs no longer work. What is the best way to transfer the morphs?

Utahjazz,
I noticed that your morphable cape does not UV map correctly. I fixed it (mirrored over the rough parts). I then tried to use "replace body part with prop" to replace your cloak with a modified version of it. But the morphs no longer work. What is the best way to transfer the morphs?

Ehh, that's a bit tedious. In order to do that you need to export a model for each morph. Basically, load my cape into the scene and export it as a model (e.g., .3ds). Then, dial the first morph to 1.000 and export it again. Reset the first morph dial to 0.000 and move on to the second morph. Do this until you end up with a separate, exported model for the cape and each morph (e.g., swing back, swing left, etc.)

Then, take the regular model that you exported and make your UV map for it. Then, save the model. Import the model into a new Poser scene.

Then, with the object selected, click Object > Load Morph Target

For Geometry file, locate the model for the first morph that you exported. Name the morph. Repeat for all the remaining morphs.

Thanks for the info... it has to be OBJs not 3ds files, btw (found out). But since in the process of fixing the mesh so that it could take a UV map I changed the number of verticies, it is not possible to use this method (poser complained). Ah well.

When I've done this in the past, I'm pretty sure that I used .3ds as the exported models' file type. But, I'm using Poser5, so perhaps something has changed.

Utahjazz,

Perhaps Morph Manager would help you out?

Perhaps Morph Manager would help you out?

Thanks I'll give that a try. I suspect that the cape will have to be entirely remade to be UV mappable though. The present mesh can not be UV Mapped. Fixing it, like I did, changed the vertexs enough that Poser would not reapply the morphs. Based on a little reading I just did, I am not certain, but I "think" that morphs are based on these vertexs (like a grid co-ordinate of what to bend) so even if I had gotten the morphs to apply the results would have been strange.
But, it is a free utility and I want to use the cape UV mapped myself, so I will try it and see.

Top Bottom