Random Rants 94 I rant at the thread title and shake my fist menacingly.

Summer school starts Monday. We have to use an online thing for syllabi (for the first time, so there are many issues with it), and they are taking the system down for this whole weekend (for upgrades). They have locked biology faculty out of their offices for the next 4 days so they can strip and wax the floor. They are turning off the air conditioning in science labs for the entire summer, with essentially no notice. I'm not having a good morning.
Oh, I remember when our university insisted on the ‘digital campus’ thing. Everybody got a malfunctioning Google-run account. Chaos ensued.

I went to the KFC which opened here recently.
Ended up not buying anything, because they only sell bucket combos (apart from some useless side-bits that no one likely buys).
Besides, since when is it a good idea to have to spend at least 10 euros to buy a stupid KFC meal? :vomit:

I'm coughy and sneezy and my nose is all runny. I'm sure there's a name for this.

Like a cold, or like plant splooge in your face this time or year?

Thankfully I am reasonably comfortable with plants splooging in my face so I think we'll chalk it up as a cold.

I went to the KFC which opened here recently.
Ended up not buying anything, because they only sell bucket combos (apart from some useless side-bits that no one likely buys).
Besides, since when is it a good idea to have to spend at least 10 euros to buy a stupid KFC meal? :vomit:
Depends on the sides.

Popcorn chicken is good. I like KFC's fries, and the potato salad isn't too bad, though some may find it a bit too vinegary.

I liked the chicken wraps and sandwiches. Can't stand the coleslaw or gravy or macaroni salad.

That said, it's friggin' expensive now, and I haven't had it in over 20 years. If I want chicken, I either order Chinese food or have a chicken pot pie. I get them from the deli at the grocery store I shop at. They're quite good and it's something Maddy likes as well.

The last time I went to KFC I had a boneless meal and it cost £11. I thought it was a lot so I looked at the cheaper meals and they were all the same price.

Thankfully I am reasonably comfortable with plants splooging in my face so I think we'll chalk it up as a cold.
I don't mind it at first either, but the eye leakage gets old after a while.

Hope you feel better soon!

The last time I went to KFC I had a boneless meal and it cost £11. I thought it was a lot so I looked at the cheaper meals and they were all the same price.
I think the "other" meals were burgers and sandwiches, so there'd be no point to go to Kfc for such.
But also rather bad to pay 10-12 euros for a bucket, which might even have had more food than I'd care to eat. In Athens I recall you could at least buy the regular small meal (3 chicken pieces+fries etc), but not here for some reason (you could buy individual chicken bits, which I found to be lame or targeted towards getting you to buy the bucket anyway).
I think almost all the clients were tourists, btw.

The smoke from the Canadian wildfires is making my seasonal allergies worse. 🤧

Also, it’s making the sun look funny when I see it rise when I clock out of work 🤔

The smoke from the Canadian wildfires is making my seasonal allergies worse. 🤧

Also, it’s making the sun look funny when I see it rise when I clock out of work 🤔

How do you think it makes us feel?

It's unseasonably hot here. I've been camping out in the social room in the building where I live, because it's the only room in the building with air conditioning and if I'm there I'm not spending money running my own fans.

But yeah, it's not fun getting someone else's wildfire smoke. We get BC's smoke every year, along with our own.

But yeah, it's not fun getting someone else's wildfire smoke. We get BC's smoke every year, along with our own.
When I get a chance, I’ll post a picture of the hazy sunrise I’ve been seeing since the wildfires in the pictures thread.

I woke up this morning to find a giant swarm of ants in my room who for some reason all really wanted to congregate on my box of kleenex. The top few tissues were missing chunks so I guess they can eat tissue paper? Who knew.

I think I got them all after much effort but man, "kill several hundred ants" isn't my idea of a fun way to spend my morning

What do you use the kleenex for? Asking for a friend.

After doing my mother what?

Moderator Action: Move along please.

Top Bottom