Random Rants XLV: Isn't This Just a Ray of Sunshine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an easy way to find out, tell us what the heck you talked about and we can tell you if you were inappropriate! You're killing this gossip hound...

The problem: Some of the details are very specific and don't fit to many persons, so I'm not willed to write them down.

You're killing me smalls.

:p
Turns out the answer was "no", but probably only on an interpersonal level, and not in general.

I think I mildly eff'd up a job application. I didn't change much of my cover letter really from the previous year, but forgot to change "second year student" to "third year"

first world problems.

The saga concludes before it even began.

There goes my evening week month... :(

You asked her out and she said no? Sorry dude. There will be another, don't fixate on her. Focus on finding the next or doing something else. But don't stop all contact with her either...things can change with time but not if you retreat into a shell.

I know that feeling, Joe.

Anyway. Beyonce for the halftime show? Someone needs to be fired. Nao.
And in FIFA 13, playing as AC Milan, Inter 1-1 AC Milan. Despite the fact that I had at least ten shots on their goal, and completely outplayed them.

Online spanish quiz is incredibly specific and won't accept perfectly adequate answers. I know what they're talking about, I just can't spell it out for them.

Also, listening to so much fast Spanish makes the entire understanding difficult.

If you need a hand, write to Uncle Takh.

It doesn't help that I've always had minor problems interpreting speech. Now the speech is foreign. Harrumph.

You asked her out and she said no? Sorry dude. There will be another, don't fixate on her. Focus on finding the next or doing something else. But don't stop all contact with her either...things can change with time but not if you retreat into a shell.

She said no cause she's seeing someone else. Should have taken the advice someone on here a while ago, when they mentioned that should be asked before asking someone out. Oh well... :(

Hopefully there's another, but considering my track record, I don't know how likely that is. And yeah, I don't plan to cut contact with her. We surprisingly ended up with the same English teacher, so if I want to talk, I have an easy conversation opener.

I guess its time to just keep my mind off it, and keep busy doing something else. Spending the evening finishing Bioshock worked well tonight, so maybe I'll dive into some of my other uncompleted Steam games for the rest of the week. Lord knows school's so un-busy that it won't do it alone.

Spoiler :
She said no cause she's seeing someone else. Should have taken the advice someone on here a while ago, when they mentioned that should be asked before asking someone out. Oh well... :(

Hopefully there's another, but considering my track record, I don't know how likely that is. And yeah, I don't plan to cut contact with her. We surprisingly ended up with the same English teacher, so if I want to talk, I have an easy conversation opener.

I guess its time to just keep my mind off it, and keep busy doing something else. Spending the evening finishing Bioshock worked well tonight, so maybe I'll dive into some of my other uncompleted Steam games for the rest of the week. Lord knows school's so un-busy that it won't do it alone.

I met this girl who actually shared my interests and was really similar. The first time we met, we talked for an hour and a half, and then she left with her boyfriend. I'm used to seeing my hopes dashed, so I don't get set up to fail by hope anymore, but I did hope that she would eventually become available. Instead, she got engaged. Luckily I never fell for her, but it was a pity.

I'm perhaps more resistant to feeling bad about these things than most because I'm so cautious that I don't allow myself to get my hopes up or get carried away with emotion. This, plus maybe my Asperger's or something, makes me a pretty stoic and constant person, but unfortunately I'm almost immune to joy and excitement, yet can still feel some disappointment and the rare bout of depression. Like Quackers said, suppressing your emotions isn't always good. I wish I could feel joy and excitement; being a stoic by nature can get pretty dull.

But enough rambling about myself. You'll probably find someone else eventually, or at least I hope; we're pretty much in the same boat.

The meat I put into the crockpot is bad and ruined the rest of my food. Which means I am not eating today. Splendid.

Spoiler :

I met this girl who actually shared my interests and was really similar. The first time we met, we talked for an hour and a half, and then she left with her boyfriend. I'm used to seeing my hopes dashed, so I don't get set up to fail by hope anymore, but I did hope that she would eventually become available. Instead, she got engaged. Luckily I never fell for her, but it was a pity.

I'm perhaps more resistant to feeling bad about these things than most because I'm so cautious that I don't allow myself to get my hopes up or get carried away with emotion. This, plus maybe my Asperger's or something, makes me a pretty stoic and constant person, but unfortunately I'm almost immune to joy and excitement, yet can still feel some disappointment and the rare bout of depression. Like Quackers said, suppressing your emotions isn't always good. I wish I could feel joy and excitement; being a stoic by nature can get pretty dull.

But enough rambling about myself. You'll probably find someone else eventually, or at least I hope; we're pretty much in the same boat.

Spoiler :
Well being cautious isn't too bad. That just means you won't be taken for a ride on an emotional roller coaster, only for it to crash and burn at the end. But, if it doesn't, then you can unleash the emotional torrent and enjoy yourself.

Or something like that. I don't know. I'm not even sure how I feel right now, crushed because I thought I had a shot, or grateful that such a burden of doubt has been lifted from my shoulders. Its all very, well, muddled and confusing. Maybe I'm just happy that my life can become somewhat simply again, and I can return to my normal routine.

But yeah, back to the same boat again. I'm just going to play it straight and see how things go from here, I assume you'll do the same. I'm not going to actively "hunt" for a girl or whatever, or seal myself in and call off any sort of future relationship.

My signature rings too true right now :lol:

@Synsensa - What do you mean it's bad? It turned and you didn't notice when you put it in or did it get overcooked?

How's it going with your female friend? What happened there?

@Joecoolyo - You get a life win for having exactly the right attitude brah. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom