RANDOM RANTS XLVI: Slightly More Than a Month-ly Edition #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all have a Zach, don't we?

Spoiler whiny emo :
I have lost faith in the Kepler spacecraft and accompanying* mission. Really, the only thing that crosses my mind lately every time I check the thread on it on Extrasolar Visions II is, "*Sigh* What douchebaggery is the Kepler Spacecraft up to this time?" Last I checked, the latest glitch couldn't be fixed and resulted in a permanent performance decrease.

While there's an upcoming news briefing on Thursday or so regarding potential new discoveries, I think I can safely assume it's just more douchebaggery from the Kepler spacecraft.

Spoiler * :
I dunno why, but the spelling for that seems counter-intuitive, at least for me. Nonetheless, that was the spelling I got when I looked it up on dictionary.com.
Spoiler whiny emo :
I was right. Again. More douchebaggery.

This time it's uninhabitable super-earths and ocean-only water planets in the habitable zones.

No circumbinaries.

Silver lining: Getting closer to the "1 Earth Radii in the Habitable Zone" sweet spot.

I'm not normally opposed to snow, but it is the middle of April and we shouldn't have a snowstorm with an estimated 6-10 inches of snow with drifting!
Spoiler size :

Attachments

• Don't you love Minnesota.jpg
    Don't you love Minnesota.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 187
I'd much rather have your snow than Iowa's flooding.

Snow you can dust off, rain just seeps into everything.

The name of the new raves thread kinda ticks me off big time. I even railed against that in a recent thread of my own.

I am really pissed. :mad:

I just woke up fifteen minutes ago, ten minutes to noon, due to my alarm not ringing at half past eight. I was awake for most of the time, wondering how much would it still be until it rang. Until I decided that too much time had passed. Aaaaaaargh! [pissed]

Spoiler whiny emo :

This time it's uninhabitable super-earths and ocean-only water planets in the habitable zones.

No circumbinaries.

Silver lining: Getting closer to the "1 Earth Radii in the Habitable Zone" sweet spot.

Think of it this way: Any discovery brings us one step closer to finding what you want. We're all but little babbies when it comes to space and knowing how it works and what's in it. Fret not, for we shall learn more and more. ;)

Now, discovering it in your lifetime... That's a whole other thing. :)

Spoiler whiny emo :

No circumbinaries.

You know, if you lived on a circumbinary planet you wouldn't be amazed at all.

The name of the new raves thread kinda ticks me off big time. I even railed against that in a recent thread of my own.

I know it does ;)

My OP was specifically designed to tic off people.

WHY must she be so enthralling yet im too much of a stupid coward to risk making a move. Two and a half years of infatuation and i still cantt get over her.

Dignity. The alternative is ask her out right before you two will never see each other again (Whether it be a new job, school, whatever), mitigates any awkward risk :p

"But azzaman, if only you'd asked me two and a half years ago! Now, sadly, it's too late," she cooed.

Spoiler :
I used to dither like crazy over women. Nowadays I just come out with it early on - and then I stop worrying about it. Whether they turn me down or not. And if they turn me down (which they do), I tell them to let me know when/if (depending on how cocky I'm feeling) they change their minds.

'Stuff it,' I said to myself at one stage. 'I'm not playing this stupid game with myself any longer.'

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12380220#post12380220

Or...

"Azzaman333, aww that's sweet. But I am not really interested. But don't worry, I will only look think of you as 'that guy' for the next 1-3 years"

WHY must she be so enthralling yet im too much of a stupid coward to risk making a move. Two and a half years of infatuation and i still cantt get over her.

Not knowing is far worse than knowing. I know that you are extremely nervous but just try and talk to her and first see if she is seeing someone and then see where it goes from there. Someone is going to have to take the first step and it should be better if it were from you. Even if she only likes you as a friend, you at least know where you stand in the relationship and if need be move on to finding someone else. the first move is almost a movement of faith, since you don't know how it will end, but if you just stay still on this, she will move on and any chance you had with her disappeared while you just stood still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom