Random Rants XXXVII: The Server Is Too Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolences CivGeneral.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Rant: I've come down with an upper respiratory infection. An early night for me, as I'm singing with the choir at a church tomorrow...I hope.

My condolences.

Sorry to hear that CivG

Trying to write an essay about the Irish partition, but I just can't get it to work properly. Keep coming away over-heavy on the 18th-19th centuries and conspicuously light on the actual partition.

I am timing how long it is until someone comes in here complaining about the server.

My condolences as well. I actually only had a single natural grandparent still alive when I was born, my maternal grandmother. The generations in my family have been 30-40 years apart, unlike most families which seem to be 18 - mid-twenties. I was my parents' first child, and my mother was 36 when she had me.

My paternal grandmother died when my father was quite young; I think his father died when my father was in his teens or twenties; my paternal grandfather did remarry before he died, and that paternal step-grandmother lived until 1996 or so (I was born in 1976).

I actually don't know, off the top of my head, when my maternal grandfather passed away, but I think it was in the 1960s. She remarried, but my maternal step-grandfather passed away I seem to recall in 1989. My maternal grandmother finally passed on in 2003. One of my mother's siblings, an aunt, passed away suddenly from a stroke just a few months after their mother had passed and just a few years after that, her brother also suffered a stroke (though he survived). I do worry a lot, my parents aren't that old (67 and 68), but not far from my late aunt's age and both of my parents are older than their natural fathers were (and in my father's case, his natural mother) when they passed on.

Damnations. It's unfair that we're losing our grandparents.

I haven't had any grandparents either since before I was born, for 25 years or for about 15!

Six minutes. Damn thing hasn't worked all morning!

You have to be able to squeeze in between errors to get on to be able to post about it. :(

I don't get it ... Sunday morning, it shouldn't have that much traffic, there must be a malfunction (bad sector on a hard drive maybe or bit on a RAM chip?) or a virus or something gobbling the server's resources ... but, then, I'm not in I.T. anymore.

Thanks guys :love:.

I remembered this space article, and realized, any moon of a gas giant residing in the habzone that are large enough to otherwise be habitable, will be sterilized by the tidal heating resulting from the gravity of the parent planet, and at the same time, any moon that is far enough away from the parent gas giant, will still be rendered uninhabitable because the rotation period, tide-locked to the gas giant, will be way too long.

Dammit. :(

Stop moaning about stuff you completely can't fix, and start focusing on the stuff you can fix.

I remembered this space article, and realized, any moon of a gas giant residing in the habzone that are large enough to otherwise be habitable, will be sterilized by the tidal heating resulting from the gravity of the parent planet, and at the same time, any moon that is far enough away from the parent gas giant, will still be rendered uninhabitable because the rotation period, tide-locked to the gas giant, will be way too long.

Dammit. :(

That's a fairly specific rant

Stop moaning about stuff you completely can't fix, and start focusing on the stuff you can fix.
Exercise in futility. Absolutely everything is predetermined; even the things I supposedly "can" fix, completely can't be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom