Random Raves νγ: Pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donde están los Spanish butts?

File under "you can't make this stuff up": Colorado Rockies catcher Brian Serven had his first Major League at-bat last night, and fouled the first pitch back into the stands... right into the section where his parents and siblings were sitting. The person who caught the ball handed it to Serven's mom.

My nose looks like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer because of a clogged pore that's grown overnight into a raging infection. It's very swollen and painful now. I drained some, but what I got out doesn't seem to match the size, so there's likely more to come over the next days. In the meantime, I've hired out my services to the North Pole.

It spontaneously exploded while I was doing the dishes yesterday. All better.

Oh, I also got a huge tip from a client because I caught some compromising errors in their latest manuscript, too. Really happy with that; my supplements are getting low and I'm due for a big restocking.

It spontaneously exploded while I was doing the dishes yesterday. All better.

Oh, I also got a huge tip from a client because I caught some compromising errors in their latest manuscript, too. Really happy with that; my supplements are getting low and I'm due for a big restocking.
It's always nice when the clients show appreciation for being saved from errors that would have been really bad. I remember one client being happy that I'd caught a serious mistake in his physical anthropology take-home exam; it helped that I'd taken that course myself a few years before, and could spot the error right away. I phoned him and told him, and said that I could not change anything unless he wanted me to (have to avoid plagiarism). He had me read the paragraph to him several times, and then he composed a revised one and read it to me. I put in the corrected version and carried on.

I would certainly have to agree that Chanel's butt is distracting :groucho:

...but(t) although she's lived in Spain most of her life, according to (a Tweet linked on) her Wiki-page she's technically Cuban-with-Spanish-ancestry (her grandmother?), rather than native-born Spanish. So maybe that's what Takh's enigmatic post referred to...?
That must be it. Thanks for decoding Tak for me, pls stick around. :goodjob:
:scan:

Wow. This is like that episode of B&B where Beavis becomes Cornholio in front of a bunch of hippies and they treat his ramblings as poetry, or Peter Sellers in Being There. I was just about to post a standard ‘hehe, you said butt’ caption of Butt-head and instead you two read all sorts of things into it.

:lmao:

Wow. This is like that episode of B&B where Beavis becomes Cornholio in front of a bunch of hippies and they treat his ramblings as poetry, or Peter Sellers in Being There. I was just about to post a standard ‘hehe, you said butt’ caption of Butt-head and instead you two read all sorts of things into it.

You never know what the Argentines are up to.

Hehe, you said something is up.

Hmm imma stick with tjs282's version of events.

Imagine the tragedy if that ball had hit his sister's head instead
Here's the post-E.R. pic of the sideline television reporter who tried to catch a line drive with her face on Monday night - also at a Rockies game, coincidentally. Google says the average speed of a baseball off the bat of a Major League player is 94 mph /151 kph. If a foul ball's got your name on it, there's not a lot of time to duck & cover.

Spoiler :

Great googly-moogly, it's nice outside. 70F/21C, sunny, with those fluffy cotton-ball clouds.

Well, in this case the topics overlap.

@Valka D'Ur I've started doing SCA armored combat, and we had our first melee practice today. A lot of fun and a exhilarating experience even when it is only 5 fighters a side. Two lines charging and shouting at each other, needing to maintain awareness of who you are matched against, where the spear fighters are, and keeping a count of the enemy so you know if one of their fighters detach to flank your line.
The plates I ordered to make my lamellar shirt for fighting arrived yesterday, so there is a project!

@Valka D'Ur I've started doing SCA armored combat, and we had our first melee practice today. A lot of fun and a exhilarating experience even when it is only 5 fighters a side. Two lines charging and shouting at each other, needing to maintain awareness of who you are matched against, where the spear fighters are, and keeping a count of the enemy so you know if one of their fighters detach to flank your line.
The plates I ordered to make my lamellar shirt for fighting arrived yesterday, so there is a project!
YAY! :queen:

Fighting isn't something I did, but it was fun to watch. :yup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom