Random Raves νγ: Pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a rave - but maybe it is better to present it as such, instead of the gray "general thought". I will be presenting (after some time...) a seminar on the presocratic philosophers and tied thinkers and notions.

NZ meatlovers with bbq sauce. They generally have 6-8 types of meat on them.

IMG_20230109_184234.jpg

Only got it to share with my 14 yo niece.

The pasta portion sizes were generous and delicious so had to eat it myself. Think it was 14".

Tasted great next day as well. I'm not a pasta person but enjoyed what got shared.

I'm glad it went well, Valka. :)

Like our Onion?
Yes! I nearly wrote that. But a bit edgier and tuned to local sensibilities.

Think of a full-sized front cover photo with the caption ‘BLIND MAN SOLVES RUBIK'S CUBE’.
We need a Random Bemusements thread...

Okay, a few days ago I asked for suggestions for the Star Trek Hangman puzzle I had to host at TrekBBS, since I had no inspiration going on at the time. I used the suggestion @Arakhor offered, and it turned out well... the puzzle lasted 5 turns and then someone who rarely joins us solved it.

The puzzle he posted took me exactly ONE letter before I solved it. (it's often not the letters themselves, but the patterns of 2-letter and 3-letter words, plus punctuation that help more).

So now it's my turn again. And the bonus is that the guy who loves waiting for others to guess letters and then pounces on the answers without doing any actual work to solve it, never had a chance at either of the last two, as they went by really fast.

I count that as rave-worthy. :yup:

Pizza tonight is also rave-worthy. :D
1) The Random Thoughts thread, as a catch-all, should suffice for Random Bemusements.

3) Pizza's amazing and I've already thawn out some cheese to put on today's. Monday pizza!
Not really a rave - but maybe it is better to present it as such, instead of the gray "general thought". I will be presenting (after some time...) a seminar on the presocratic philosophers and tied thinkers and notions.
C'mon, we all know that, should you ever finally engage in full-body mithosis, you would just call the child ‘Europhilos’.

1) The Random Thoughts thread, as a catch-all, should suffice for Random Bemusements.

That was a way to declare that "I has a bemoozed."

It's nice when someone besides that same guy wins the puzzles I post. But I could not believe how easy his was to guess. I'd guessed 'E' since I suspected several 'the/they' words, and was about to put down 'T' as my next one, when the phrase popped into my head. I figured I should just go for it; if I was wrong, oh well.

But I wasn't. So now it's my turn again.

There are some bits of dialogue that people don't even need letters to guess. "Fun will now commence" and "I am not a merry man!" are two of them.

I think that ‘Fun will now commence’ has seeped over from Star Trek to other areas of pop culture.

Also, since you like crosswords, do you to the NYT's weekly four-crossword backlog?

Today I was taken to court. I think it went quite well. The nightmare is almost over. Now I just have to wait a few weeks to see how much I am to be fined. Hopefully we mitigated some of the costs.. On the stand they looked like petulant, spoilt children. I think even the magistrates disliked them towards the end.

That seems like good news for you!

I think that ‘Fun will now commence’ has seeped over from Star Trek to other areas of pop culture.

Also, since you like crosswords, do you to the NYT's weekly four-crossword backlog?
I have never done that crossword. I used to do the local paper's crossword when I had a subscription, but it's been nearly 10 years since I bothered with that. I do have over 2 decades' worth of Dell and Games crossword/word/logic puzzle books on hand.

I used to make crossword puzzles for the high school newspaper, and word search puzzles for our Star Trek club's fanzine. I did cryptoquiz puzzles for the monthly SCA newsletter when I edited it.

Earlier today I found out that my housekeeping helper likes word search puzzles. I told her she could have whichever ones I have that are still undone. I find the regular kind too easy.

If you're interested, every week the NYT releases four old crosswords at its crosswords page without need for registration. One of them is a mini (by Joel Fagliano usually) and the other three are full-sized and of varying difficulty. Some of them take me a couple of days to solve. It's good fun, and better than Wordle which, if you know which words to start with, you just cannot lose.

The title of this thread.

'Tis a gift that keeps on giving.

If you're interested, every week the NYT releases four old crosswords at its crosswords page without need for registration. One of them is a mini (by Joel Fagliano usually) and the other three are full-sized and of varying difficulty. Some of them take me a couple of days to solve. It's good fun, and better than Wordle which, if you know which words to start with, you just cannot lose.
Thanks - I'll check it out!

Finished up a test strip of tablet weaving to make sure I have the pattern down before breaking out my silk thread.
It is based on a piece of tablet weave from the trading hub of Birka in Viking-age Sweden.

Spoiler size :

Finished up a test strip of tablet weaving to make sure I have the pattern down before breaking out my silk thread.
It is based on a piece of tablet weave from the trading hub of Birka in Viking-age Sweden.

Spoiler size :

Excellent! :thumbsup:

And whatever you do for your various costumes, do not do what my Senechale did. She spent the better part of two YEARS, doing a vertical blackwork* design on her sideless surcoat, in gold thread.

One night at an Arts & Sciences meeting, she triumphantly declared that she was FINISHED, and ran into her bedroom to put it on to show us.

She took her time, and then we heard hysterical laughter. Just when her husband was about to go and see if anything was wrong, she came back out...

And told us that she had just spent the last two years embroidering this beautiful vertical strip of blackwork with gold thread...

On the back of the surcoat.

For an FYI to non-SCA folk here, women's surcoats are at least calf, if not ankle-length. Mine is floor-length. You do not want metallic vertical embroidery on the back of these, because you won't be able to sit down without wrecking the thread.

*Blackwork is extremely intricate and detailed cross-stitch needlework that's done with a single color - usually black, though there are many designs done in red thread.

Great idea to have a raves thread focused on pizza!

I had a pizza today. From the local joint. Traditional toppings, pepperoni, green pepper, sausage, mushroom, and onions. Thin crust. Provolone. Their strategy of sending me a coupon in the mail worked, with delicious results.

I tried one, and have made it halfway through so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom