Random Raves 00110000: "Sunshine, sunshine is fine..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another student yesterday. 8th grade in school. He has about 40 lessons per week in school and average day has 8-9 lessons. Is it too much for a 14 year old? He looked totally drained at 6 pm.

Got another student yesterday. 8th grade in school. He has about 40 lessons per week in school and average day has 8-9 lessons. Is it too much for a 14 year old? He looked totally drained at 6 pm.
Seems pretty intense to me. Is each lesson an hour?

I think at that age we had 30-35 lessons per week (of 45 min), and I think that was okay.

Own rave: I slep well tonight :bounce:.

We also got the proofs for one of our manuscripts, and the PhD student was today interviewed by the communications department about this :D.

So, you'll have to do the Praguematic thing and double-Czech your facts. :)

I got a call from the Czech embassy and a representative of theirs will be attending my Kafka seminar in Athens this Saturday.
Which means (among other things) that I better re-read the societal stuff or just not refer much to Prague in the pre ww1 period :)

....oooohh...that's really nice, congratulations :goodjob:.

Yeah congrats man, that's a good scoop. Make sure to go out of your way to introduce yourself to them!

They called me* :smug:

Yes, of course. I hope I will get to work with them.

*there are signs that they learned of the program from the host of the event, given it is a very historic publisher in the center of Athens. Even so, it is very promising that they actually called me.

Marc Bolan and T Rex inducted into the Rock& Roll Hall of Fame!! :woohoo:

"Children of the Revolution" with Ringo and Elton John

Video

Some Australians tried to take their children (aged 10-17) to the beach. The children refused because there was no Internet, so the parents took the modem with them instead of the children and then uploaded the pics to Facebook.

:rotfl:

I desperately needed a laugh today.

I am a bit nervous for the seminar presentation, because the Czech representative will be there...
Hopefully it will go well. Maybe at some point, if it is going well, I could mention some jokes noted by Kafka himself in his diary, when he had to make a presentation himself.
Apparently some other speaker in those lectures Kafka was attending on art, had at one point opened the lecture by saying "I sadly have to begin this lecture by expressing my dismay that it is happening" :)
(yes, I won't use that one, in retrospect it would sound pretty terrible)
(hm, I will have to gift a copy of my own book of Kafka translation to the delegate)

I've spent the whole day cleaning my office area of years of accumulated paper stuff. Taking back the chaos space and putting it to good use. 1 long shelf, 2 drawers and a pile on the floor mostly recycled. More to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom