Random Raves XLVI: 145,784 and Counting: Every story happens one word at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lot of emails.

That's a lot of emails.
Whenever you get anywhere near involved in company decision making on procurement, you become quite the target.
I was listed as a CIO for awhile and somehow was listed as a CFO for awhile. Those two generate a lot of crap. And that's with active unsubscribe methods.

Whenever you get anywhere near involved in company decision making on procurement, you become quite the target.
I was listed as a CIO for awhile and somehow was listed as a CFO for awhile. Those two generate a lot of crap. And that's with active unsubscribe methods.
As you know well, when you have the authority to spend money, people try to sell you things. :D

Painfully aware. :p

It would take weeks to sort all my emails. I still have CFC notifications from 2006.

Good for her

However Ghosting is not the way to build employee loyalty.

However Ghosting is not the way to build employee loyalty.
I am always incensed when I read articles along the lines of 'Why do millenials ghost employers?' when ghosting has been the default for companies at least since I joined the job market. It's one thing that 95% of my applications never get any kind of response at all, but quite another when basically every employer that interviews me and declines never gets back to me and the ones that do make me an offer basically require me to hound them after a couple of weeks of radio silence.

I have personally responded to every person I have ever interviewed in my almost 40 years in the business. (even if HR sent a rejection)
It's the polite and humane way to act.

The Hollywood Reporter says Taika Waititi has signed up to do another Thor movie.

I am always incensed when I read articles along the lines of 'Why do millenials ghost employers?' when ghosting has been the default for companies at least since I joined the job market. It's one thing that 95% of my applications never get any kind of response at all, but quite another when basically every employer that interviews me and declines never gets back to me and the ones that do make me an offer basically require me to hound them after a couple of weeks of radio silence.
That's how it's been for decades pre-internet era. Some employers say they make the applicant pursue them to weed out the ones who aren't interested enough to bother.

Just consider what it was like before: People would apply and if the response was to come by phone, they had to stay home to answer the phone. But at the same time they were also expected to be out and applying for jobs (according to various social agencies ranging from welfare to unemployment offices). The age of cell phones and internet has changed much of this.

I remember the last time I got a job with Elections Canada, and my grandmother answered the phone when they called to say I'd passed the interview. She was in the early stages of what would be full-blown Alzheimers, and she told the person on the phone that I wasn't there. Thank goodness for last-number redial. I was able to call them back and explain that my grandmother was confused, and that yes, I was still very much interested in the job. So I was hired as a Deputy Returning Officer.

An alligator was loose in the lagoon in Humboldt Park, Chicago. People named it "Chance the Snapper." Chicago musician Chance the Rapper gave the animal his stamp of approval. A police officer played the Jaws theme song over his car's PA system (I would've gone with Jurassic Park, but Jaws is a good choice). People tried to lure the animal with roast chickens. I've never been to Humboldt Park, the lagoon must be pretty big, as the animal evaded capture for a week. At the press conference, the gator wore a red & black bow tie. :lol: Chicagoans are selling t-shirts and area bars are naming cocktails for the little guy, and Frank Robb, the alligator expert brought in from Florida to wrangle the animal was invited to throw out the first pitch at last night's Cubs game. No one was hurt, including the gator.

Spoiler :

I have personally responded to every person I have ever interviewed in my almost 40 years in the business. (even if HR sent a rejection)
It's the polite and humane way to act.
Clearly the behaviour of a bigot and a fascist. :D

The 12 billion they plan to confiscate is the icing on the cake.

Man, who has the time or inclination to iron shirts? My entire wardrobe is wash-and-wear (even if they weren't strictly designed for that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom