Random Raves XLVI: 145,784 and Counting: Every story happens one word at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went with a bigger group to a chocolate workshop today, and made some mess... and also chocolate.
Had then lunch afterwards with 4 of the girls, and 2 of them dragged me on to go shopping. While that is not the most pleasant thing ever, the chitchat was quite nice.
-> had a good day :D.

@tjs282's wife: "But I asked you to do the dishes..."
Funny you should say that -- though it was actually "Why didn't you put my [freshly made plum] jam [that I left out to cool] into the fridge?"... :lol: ;)
@tjs282 's response (could be) : "You don't have to remind me every half a year !" :lol:
Psst.... I wash up after the evening meal nearly every day (cooking utensils, and stuff which can't go in the dishwasher) -- because she usually cooks, and also does most of the other housework. But she also has more time at home (she works a 20-hour job, 4 days a week, I do 38.5 over 5 days).

(I also do DIY, repairs, gardening, maths homework, and spider-rescue).

In my experience this alone justifies the existence of husbands. Also, it's tarantula breeding season around here and I am questioning whether or not I'm up to dealing with one.
Call @MaryKB she collects them. :)

Pizza 9 is on its way!

A while back a button popped off one of my shirts. I bought a cheap little $3 sewing kit and then didn't fix the button for months. Today I got off my ass and watched a video on how to stitch a button back on and pulled the shirt out and went to replace the button....only it's not missing any buttons! I checked all my other shirts and jackets and their not missing anything either. I think the button must have been one of those extra buttons they put on shirts to replace any that fall off. So strange but hey, I don't have to practice sewing so that's rad.

Pssh you should have ordered from Imo's instead ;)
I have cardboard in the recycling bin, thanks. But, I'm going to St Louis later this week and my daughter will probably order it.

A while back a button popped off one of my shirts. I bought a cheap little $3 sewing kit and then didn't fix the button for months. Today I got off my ass and watched a video on how to stitch a button back on and pulled the shirt out and went to replace the button....only it's not missing any buttons! I checked all my other shirts and jackets and their not missing anything either. I think the button must have been one of those extra buttons they put on shirts to replace any that fall off. So strange but hey, I don't have to practice sewing so that's rad.
I have three shirts I can send you. All need buttons.

It's fairly easy, the button on my pants poppet after being caught in the drawer and, following a YouTube tutorial, I mended it with no prior experience. Three and a half years later, the button is still there.

How do you guys need a watch youtube video on how to sew a button on to something? Just from a physics standpoint isn't it pretty much just one way of doing it?

Reactions: rah
Also, it's tarantula breeding season around here and I am questioning whether or not I'm up to dealing with one.
That... would be one of the very very few reasons I might come up with, for not wanting to live in California... ;)

How do you guys need a watch youtube video on how to sew a button on to something? Just from a physics standpoint isn't it pretty much just one way of doing it?

For the electric plugs they had to make one side shorter because people managed to put them in backwards and broke things. Don't underestimate the ability of humans to mess things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom