Random Raves XLVII: Who wants cookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent the past three days turning all the generic teams into real life teams and haven't actually played a game yet.

Reminds me of how when I first got Stellaris I spent a few days making custom Empires rather than actually playing the game :D

I won some chocolate at a lottery at school and I'm very confident that this will be my absolute highpoint of October. Which is a bit sad. Still, free chocolate innit?
If I were there, you would never want for chocolate goodies.

I love Amazon's new delivery window estimate thingy ... for those of us who are waiting on pins and needles for our deliveries, it's nice to know it's going to come between 8 am - 10 am.

This is getting interesting. :popcorn:

:lol:

Plus, Cookie Monster's been on a diet of pure sugar for like 50 years and he's never put on a pound.

Plus, Cookie Monster's been on a diet of pure sugar for like 50 years and he's never put on a pound.
A very valid point! Some say that the cookie monster doesn't actually swallow the cookies, just chews it and let's the crumbs fall out. Personally I find that highly speculative.

Snerk is mine and you'll have to pay me for him.

this is a rave, because he can fetch me a good price and I get to save on cookies

Snerk is mine and you'll have to pay me for him.

this is a rave, because he can fetch me a good price and I get to save on cookies

So sad. El Presidente has a 120% Snerk tax. Anything Mary pays you, you'll end up having to pay as much and more to the State. :shake:

Oh come on, you should already know I'm prepared to dodge taxes.

Admission of illegal activities in public? My, my, my. You are a naughty boy.

I turned a corner today and had the most picturesque, hollywood-fall moment. Beautiful yellow/orange leaves falling thick as snow on a crisp, clear, sunny fall day (about 60F). Really made my whole morning. I freaking love Idaho.

Killed it today presenting a new pharmaceutical at a community mental health center :woohoo:

But I thought it was a bad thing if a pharmaceutical killed someone!

My pharmacy actually sells tobacco products. It's in a separate section of the store, but...yeah.
This used to be common, until some years ago when a lot of people pointed out the hypocrisy of a pharmacy selling products that if used as the manufacturer intends, will kill you. As I recall, some of the people pointed out that "of course pharmacies sell tobacco. That way they can sell more drugs to cancer patients."

I love Amazon's new delivery window estimate thingy ... for those of us who are waiting on pins and needles for our deliveries, it's nice to know it's going to come between 8 am - 10 am.
One of the courier companies they've used lately have sent me emails to let me know that the delivery will be made "within the next three hours."

Anyway, new rave: We get more Ben Bova Grand Tour novels! :dance:

I saw listings for two: Earth (not the same book as New Earth) and people can pre-order Uranus. Bova's doing a trilogy of novels called the "Outer Planets" arc, so it looks like we will finally get all the planets (the last one had better be about Pluto).

I'm speculating that Bova probably has a writing partner by now, since he's in his mid-80s and it's going to take awhile before the last three books are out.

I still wish he would do one more Jupiter-centric novel. I want to see humans make real, meaningful contact with the Leviathans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom