Random thoughts 1: Just Sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which quest line is that, Synsensa?

Which quest line is that, Synsensa?

It's aptly named Taris: Bonus Series. It's made up of a bunch of individual quests on the planet, and the people who coded it did not have the sense to add checks to see if you'd already done those quests. It'll tell you to go talk to one of the quest givers and nothing will happen since, well, you'd already gone and done that ages ago.

It is not a huge loss, but completing the bonus series would have garnered some armour and nearly 80,000 experience. The former is difficult to get as a free-to-play player (you're better off doing "heroics" instead of trying to acquire armour any other way), and the latter is worth nearly a 1/3rd of a level.

Operation is done. OK so far. I go back in 2 days after things have stabilized.
You posted that in smaller-than-usual type simply to prove you can see, right?
That I possess your ideal set of political views is perhaps the worst news I have ever received.
Wait until an acquaintance remarks that you resemble your father, in thought or in words.

Wait until an acquaintance remarks that you resemble your father, in thought or in words.

Oh yeah, that's happened a few times. I look like my dad, and my mother used to be quick to point out personality similarities. Not many insults get to me but those do. :mischief:

Of course, when the comparisons are made, they aren't offered as insults.

Well at least you don 't get compared to your grandmothers the way i do....:hmm:

My cousin from California will probably be visiting family over the holidays. There's a part of me that wants to buy this as a Christmas gift for his daughter. :mischief:

Spoiler :

I won't, but the thought amuses me.
Buy her a fire extinguisher instead.

Synsensa, you might also inherit alopecia.

I have a slight problem when it comes to downloading custom content for the Sims 2.

Because while some objects can be put to extensive use, there's no earthly reason why any of my Sims would want a ice cream statue or a giant chicken or a pickled shark in their house. And yet I download the ice cream statue and the giant chicken and the pickled shark, thinking "I'll find a use for it somehow," and then I never do. But I can't bring myself to delete the ice cream statue or the giant chicken or the pickled shark, because I know that my life would be that much emptier without it.

Spoiler :

Put the pickled gallery in a modern art gallery where it belongs so that even your Sims can babble about Damien Hirst. :)

It's a shame it's not a Trumpy Cow, because everyone loves fake moos, right?

I'm thinking about making a thread about the superiority of Western Culture. But I'm not sure if people even disagree. Would be a waste of time if I made a thread, and everybody just was like: "Yup, west is best!". :hmm:

I'm thinking about making a thread about the superiority of Western Culture. But I'm not sure if people even disagree. Would be a waste of time if I made a thread, and everybody just was like: "Yup, west is best!". :hmm:
Then i can fill it with Kardashian and reality TV jokes.

We all agree you post a lot of troll bait threads that get decent traction. Go for it.

I actually also fear that my argument might be too strong, and that possible opposition might not have anything to say against it.
I mean it's fun to change opinions like that, but I'm here to have discussions, not to blast people out of the sky with a flag cannon.

There is no Western Culture, there are Western cultures. There, saved you time and effort.

There is no Culture, there is only Stupidity and/or Insanity.

There is no Western Culture, there are Western cultures. There, saved you time and effort.
That's really just a question about how much you want to generalize cultures to come up with shared values. If you want to go all the way, there is no such thing as a "shared culture" at all, as every individual will have their own set of cultural values that differ slightly from everybody else around them, but of course that would not be very useful for any discussion at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom