1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World Unofficial Patch released!

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World' started by spaceman98, Dec 10, 2011.

1. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

SDK = DLL, right? If, so, that was difficult, fortunatly the past modders moved most things out of DLL, or I would not have stood a chance.

Mastaba and Step Pyramids are structures that may become early buildings, but not wonders. What is the Amun Temple? The Lion Gate can replace Chechen Itza while the Yazilikaya can replace the Shwedagon Paya or Stonehenge.
    I am thinking of:
    Hadrian's wall (Replace great wall?)

Religion Wonder:
    Hellenism: Statue of Zeus
    Mesopotamian: Ishtar Gate? Ziggurat of Ur?
    Egyptian: Sphinx
    Cannanite: Not sure
    Judaism: As is
    Christianity: As is
    Zoarastrianism: What is the Zoarastrian wonder in Doc?

I now plan to replace the Ocean/Mountians/Ice(Space) at the edge of the map, since some of that territory will belong to an Indian nation when I add them, England needs to be settled more and Nubia needs good land. Is their any easier way of modding the WBS than changing it tile by tile in the notepad?

2. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

So, do you have trouble setting up the SDK or C++ related problems?

I read about a big Amun Temple in Meroe, i think Nubia deserves something along those lines. Also those sharp Nubian pyramids should be represented in some way (i know art from TAM, which you definitly should check out if you didn't already).
    Just flavorwise, i try to keep city names from wonders unless it's not doable in any other way, so Ziggurat of Ur->(Great) Ziggurat

For the map, the easiest way is (all those scripts and utility programs around aren't made for mods):
    - start a game as an civ from the start
    - edit it in the WB
    - save it and open it with Notepad, then Ctrl+c the tiles part in notepad and delete all preplaced units (Phoenica, Babylon and Egypt have double the units otherwise)

This are some ideas about Nubia map:
    Spoiler :

As a reference i took this picture:

It's more of a matter of interpretation where Meroe is on the map in the game, but imo this spot is more correct
    You see, between the 4. and the 5. Kararakt, there are no cities, so it would be the easiest to make this area unsettable

Attached Files:

3. spaceman98

Nubia collapses as the AI, even though I can see no reason (not overexpanding, their economy is easy to keep good, capital intact) and as the player I can easily play them without stability problems. Any idea why?

Also, why do you think Nubia should have such a disproportionatly large amount of metal, including the rare iron?

4. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Maybe it has got to do with their strange position in the World Builder, make sure that the civs are in chronological order. Some mechanism depend on that, that could be the reason.

Wikipedia says that the Nubians were known for being good Blacksmiths. Also, they should get some production.

5. Krzowwh

Krzowwh King

My suggestions for religious wonders (or the names, anyway)
    Hellenism: Statue of Zeus
    Mesopotamian: Ziggurat of Enki at Eridu (E-Abzu, House of the Aquifer) or the Ziggurat at Nippur (E-Kur, Mountain House)
    Egyptian: Temple at Heliopolis (Per-Atum, House of Atum)
    Canaanite: Temple of Baal at Ugarit
    Judaism: Temple of Jerusalem (Bet HamMiqdaš, the Sanctified House)
    Christianity: Church of the Nativity
    Zoroastrianism: Ghagha Shahr or the Fire Temple of Yazd (Atashkadeh, Fire House [I think it's generally recognized as the one in Yazd])

6. spaceman98

After abbandoning this project for a long time, I have come back to it.
    Here is the changes in this patch:
    Spoiler :
    Civilizations: Nubia no longer collapses
    Adding Indus Valley Civilization
    Better Etruscan LH
    Map:
    I have expanded the map to fill in the blank areas. This added Ethiopea, Scotland, India, Ireland and ussless Saharan and Siberian land. The reasons for this is are 1: to give the IVC more room. 2: To give Nubia more room. 3: To make Brittan worth colonizing. 4: For a future Vandal civ or barbs.
    The red sea coast is now more fertile.
    Religion: General bug and error fixing.
    All religions now have holy shrines.

Other modifications were made.

Here is the link: http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/97231/rhyes-and-fall-of-the-greek-world

Now, should I reallly continue this? I am not a very skilled modder, so I cannot add UP and UHVs unless there is a guide or someone teaches me. There are still many things I can improve, such as UU and UB for all civs and adding several other nations, however I wish to know if there is still interest in this mod before I truly proceed.

7. spaceman98

By the way, the correct map is still the old one. Ignore RFGWNEW.

8. srpt

srpt Deist

although I'm busy with my own mod I'm quite interested in this one too. I can help with many aspects of modding also. I encourage you to continue.

9. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Oh God, please continue. But most important is that you have fun while doing it.

Manipulating the DLL isn't that important for now, i guess, so no need to worry about UPs. Also, Rhye has exported all modifiers to python, so you can balance the game
    I found coming up with UHVs and coding them to be the most fun part. For the start, just look how Victory.py works, in RFC or the modmods, and try to change the victories a little to get feeling for it. Later on, the python class reference provides all methods you can imagine that can be used for victories.
    But if you really want to change the DLL, Asaf's guide is the best.

10. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Is the mod folder supposed to be called "Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World 0.0"? Also, why doesn't the readme text have any info about new changes? I'm just worried I didn't download your most up-to-date version.

11. spaceman98

Yes, that is the folder name and I never updated the readme, so it does not have the latest changes. If IVC is in and Nubia does not randomly collapse, its the right version.

12. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Umm... for some reason the mod doesn't load properly. The civilopedia is screwed up, all the single player options are available, and trying any scenario causes a crash either during loading or just after.

13. spaceman98

14. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Yes, I am playing the correct file. I did download from that link. Also, the title screen is the default BTS screen, and the civilopedia missing civilization info. All public maps are available to play (though they all crash), and the unique powers and UHVs don't actually show properly. I've had this problem before, but this time, deleting the mod and putting it back isn't helping.

15. spaceman98

So the map is crashing? Do you have python exceptions turned on? If so, does it give you the reason? Turn python exceptions on. It will give you a Tuple Index out of range error but plays normally. If the problem persists with Python exceptions and it gives you no informative errors, I am out of ideas.

16. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

How do I turn on python exceptions?

17. spaceman98

Thankyou to civ-addicted for teaching me this.

18. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

There's another python exception popup during loading, but the game crashes before I can get a screenshot.

Edit: Here are python exception popups for the civilopedia.

Attached Files:

19. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

This is supposed to be played on BTS 3.19 (latest version), right?

20. spaceman98

Yes...
    Wow, those are nothing like the exception I am getting (Tuple index out of range, which can be peacefully ignored, is meaningless in this case and will be resolved soon anyway)
    I remember getting similar ones a few patches ago on an unreleased version but this one was bug free. Is anyone else getting anything similar? If not, are you installing this into your BTS Mods folder?
    If so, and if you tryed redownloading, than I am out of ideas? If you have a Mac, than that could be the cause. I have no idea how this (or any other mod) would run on a Mac.

:confused: