1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World Unofficial Patch released!

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World' started by spaceman98, Dec 10, 2011.

1. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

I think it would be good to have a second kind of desert, which is impassable, to get rid of those nasty mountains along the Nile. And i just read about the Savanna, which could give Nubia a unique touch (if you want to take the effort to include it, because it would end up being at 6 tiles or so).

I haven't played it yet for technical reasons; which UUs, UBs, UP and UHVs do you have?

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Troy could be represented by a independent city.

3. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

I just had a tiny Christmas miracle and can play again:xmas:

And while i waited for my own project to download, i played a little with the Hitties:
    - Not sure if it's to early to tell, but they have to much barb pressure on their hand. Facing Chariots while you just have warriors to counter is a bit extreme.
    - Babylon had the Egyptian religion, Egypt had the Mesopotamian religion. I think it's okay to make sure that Babylon, Egypt, Phoenicia and Israel get their respective religion (for example, Egypt gets The Wheel as a starting tech, which founds the Egyptian religion, Phoencia get Fishing and Babylon Mysticism)
    And an idea for Israel:
    Spoiler :
    I think The Capo's Solomon looks better whilst more unique than the current David tbph
    UB: Temple of Solomon, replaces the Palace (the Palace has never been replaced before hehe), which acts as the Shrine for Judaism plus Palace effect.
    UU: Jewish Settler, replaces Settler (duh). You can't have a Jewish Missionary, so instead of a normal settler, this unit acts as one. Crossing borders without agreement would help.
    UHV1: Make Jerusalem the most important city in XXX
    UHV2: Spread Judaism to every city/every capital/ Y cities in XXX
    UHV3: Control Eretz Israel in 0 AD
    Maybe it's to early to think about such things, but well...
    I think i would have some spare time, doing this is actually little work to code:)
    Anyway, i love that you work on this, and i'm sure you will turn it into something awesome:goodjob:
    And Congratulations for your own Subforum:D

4. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

I am using the subforum for the origional dead mod. The barb pressure on Hittites is indead very large, as it was historically (right now Persia usualy conquers Anatolia). I may add more stariting units to them to make them more of a threat to the southern powers (and easier to play). Though I have managed to play as them. About Solomon, perhaps I should create a thread with a poll between the leaderheads?

5. spaceman98

Also, Python help is greatly appreciated. Other than that, I still need many city name and settler maps. I will add a list to the openning post.

6. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Now that you can select civs in the civopedia, it's unbearable that they don't have proper buttons;)
    Do you know how to include them?

Attached Files:

7. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

Well, I just tried to open them up in GIMP and got a bunch of error messages. Yes. I can open dds files. I've made several flags already.

Is that happening to anyone else with civ-addicted's attached file?

8. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Sometimes, i can't open .dds files with GIMP if they aren't on the Desktop, maybe that's the problem. For me, they work fine with DXTBMP.

9. spaceman98

New patch is ready!
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/94998/rhyes-and-fall-of-the-greek-world-0-1

Spoiler :

0.1:
    City Name Map Working
    Missionary renaming
    All Python exceptions fixed
    Added Cannanite Missionary to Carthage
    Adjusted Hittite and Spartian starting units
    Added copper to Greece and Cyprus
    Added leaderheads for Germanics and Etruscans
    Moved starting religions to earlier techs, which I will give to starting civilizations in next patch
    Removed Spiritual Burial tech
    Removed Archers from Hun and Germanic starting stacks (they were slowing the horde down) and replaced accordingly
    Changed some dynamic names to distinguish between large and small empires

10. spaceman98

:hmm: Athens settles on the copper, preventing Sparta from getting it... What shall we do?

11. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

Delve into the Settler map or make two copper resources down there? Downloading now.

12. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Looking good so far:)

I played as Egypt, Athens and Sparta so far.
    As for Egypt, Research should become much cheaper; waiting >30 turns for the first few techs is a bit frustrating. Not to say than Athens buildt the Pyramids before i did:p
    Athens starting locatian looks pretty odd, the Wine should be moved at least.
    I'd move Sparta 1S or 1SE to make sure enough space is there for a second city in the Peleponnes (Olympia f.e.). I don't mind it being on the coast; seeing that Spartans colonized a lot, it's almost essential to make sure that some ships can start from their Motherland Peleponnes.
    Honestly, the look of Lars Personna freaks me out:run:

I also attached edited Gamefont, getting rid of the tree for Canaanite Religion, and putting a star in the Holy City font, like it ought to be;)

Attached Files:

13. Krzowwh

Krzowwh King

The starting position of the Hittites, Romans, and Macedon seem off.
    Hittite spawn should be at (31, 41). That is where Hattusa is on the city name map and the settler map.
    Macedon should spawn at Pella, on the Aegean Sea, rather than the Adriatic.
    If Rome is put at the coast to add distance between the Etruscans and Rome, then the city name should be renamed from Capua to Roma.
    The city names for Israel is also strange. It spawns on the correct tile, Yerushalayim on the city names, but it becomes Rabat Amon in-game.
    Also, the Egyptian and Persian city names are Romanized. If I have time, I may give a localized version.

14. spaceman98

The Sparta AI plesently surprised me by settling on the copper I gave them without me having to change their spawn point. Also, should I use the static Lars Porsenna or should I use Lars Porsenna with the Marcus Antonius LH mentioned earlier?

15. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

I just find him creepy because he doesn't look like a normal CIV LH, and also he's static. Moving, hellenistic LH are there in plenty.
    After thinking about it for a while the Marcus Antonius isn't perfect because of the armor. You might want to take a look at Aranor's Aigimos. Just remove the helmet in Nifskope, and he does look pretty good. Maybe you'll like him;)

16. spaceman98

Possibly, but I already have 3 LHs in the region that feature a helmet... I suppose the static Lars will do for now.

17. spaceman98

Actually, I will open another poll about the Etruscan LH. Solomon is in. I am trying to add Nubia.

18. spaceman98

New patch: Nubia has been added.http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/95249/rhyes-and-fall-of-the-greek-world-0-2

19. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

:goodjob:

20. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Oooh, i like what i see. :goodjob:
    How is SDK modding going?
    Any ideas on wonders so far? I'll throw in some proposals
    - Yazilikaya
    - Lion Gate (locataded Hattusa)
    - Amun Temple (located in Meroe)
    - Ishtar Gate / Ishtar Walls
    - Mastaba
    - Step Pyramid
    For the early game:). Art is hardly a problem, you got me on your side;)