Rise of Mankind 2.81 feedback and bug reports

I have read this thread just fast for the moment. So I don't know if this is posted already. The position of the great persons in the city advisor and in the city overview is displaced. Means, if I have a priest, in the advisor appears the artist. They're all moved by one step. Also in the city view: If i hover the great person bar, the result is different to the bar in the game. How to fix this?

Other problem is a pink WW (Heimdall's Sanctuary) but this is the wrong thread for, I think. I'm pretty sure I forgot something there. :hmm: So don't bother.

I have read this thread just fast for the moment. So I don't know if this is posted already. The position of the great persons in the city advisor and in the city overview is displaced. Means, if I have a priest, in the advisor appears the artist. They're all moved by one step. Also in the city view: If i hover the great person bar, the result is different to the bar in the game. How to fix this?

Other problem is a pink WW (Heimdall's Sanctuary) but this is the wrong thread for, I think. I'm pretty sure I forgot something there. :hmm: So don't bother.
The bar on the top of the screen shows the bar from the city that will get a GP the fastest.

It seems that whenever anyone acquires a technology in my game, the game reports an error about the "tech Acquired.event" handler, reporting a problem with address 0x0F3DA558. Any idea what it might be referring to? (Hopefully, this has nothing to do with my fix-work in adding the missing files for Sejong's leaderhead...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brubar View Post
Wow

I now have LION that appear as GREAT PERSON.
I Have at least 4 great person + a LION each turn!

and this happens since over 500 years (ingame)!

I also have some problems with score numbers; in my game, the Ottoman Empire has a score of -23649841321..............so he's at the bottom!
This happens when integers overflow. The game stores GPP as an integer, and integers have a limit of 2,147,483,647. If the value goes over it, it overflows and strange things happen. I'm not sure why they didn't store it as an unsigned int or a float to give it more room, but that's their decision...

This happens when integers overflow. The game stores GPP as an integer, and integers have a limit of 2,147,483,647. If the value goes over it, it overflows and strange things happen. I'm not sure why they didn't store it as an unsigned int or a float to give it more room, but that's their decision...

But is there a way to fix it by myself?
thanks

Not without editing the SDK... The easier fix is to save the game as a WorldBuilder Save and reload it. It should correct the issue.

The bar on the top of the screen shows the bar from the city that will get a GP the fastest.

Right, but as in my example there is shown the priest, but in the city advisor is the symbol for the artist. That's a little confusing.

Originally posted by Afforess:
Not without editing the SDK... The easier fix is to save the game as a WorldBuilder Save and reload it. It should correct the issue.

Yweh it worked! thanks...but I won't get anymore lions :p

I have a question about the megapack. If I have a clean install (means 2.81 mega without any modmods) everything works. After installing a new dawn different things happen.

With the actual 1.55 of AND I have the black terrain bug. Here in the thread I read that I have to remove some civs. How much would you advise? Or should I try how much will work for me?

With the 1.60 beta I get an xml-error. message says that the object is in wrong class. I tried to reproduce the error, and always the same file is named. It's the Pol_Pot_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml. I compared it with xml files of some other leaderheads, for me (I'm no programmer) there was no difference. And the strange thing is, that without AND it works.

If I'm in the wrong thread, sorry. But searching for the black terrain bug brought up this one.

Now after some cups of coffee (that kind of where a horseshoe can swim in) I will try how many civs I have to unload that it works.

edit:

After unloading 7 civs it works. First I removed the Pol Pot leaderhead cause of it's xml-error, then I picked out some civs. But what makes me wonder is, I have 8GB memory, is that to less for all of them? Or is the graphics board limiting? I have a Geforce 8800 GTS with 640MB.

Minor issue - Seems that if you build a modern granary, before building bakery, you won't be able to build a bakery - a granary is pre-req for the bakery, and it's gone, replaced by modern granary.

Ok - figured i should search previous bug threads & found this is already logged - pls ignore.

I am new to this mod.

I am using BTS 319 on a thinkpad T500 notebook, 2G Ram, ATI graphic card.

The Mega edition was installed, I can start the game, although it take a long loading time, but the map is totally dark.

I try to change video settings, but it doesn't help.

Any help?

Thanks

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 111
You're stressing your system far too much. Remove a few civilisations, don't use the Mega version or get a better system.

I am new to this mod.

I am using BTS 319 on a thinkpad T500 notebook, 2G Ram, ATI graphic card.

The Mega edition was installed, I can start the game, although it take a long loading time, but the map is totally dark.

I try to change video settings, but it doesn't help.

Any help?

Thanks

Either TRIPLE your RAM or switch to full or Lite

I'm developing a RoM modmd, so I'm running Civ in debug mode.
The attached Python exception traceback call stack pops up sometimes when I just play with the game. (My modmod is not running just RoM with AND. I think the excaption came from BUG part of RoM). Hope with this a potential bug can be repaired.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 115
so any help would be appreciated...i just cant load the mod. my rig is plenty fast enough and running win 7. it runs bts vanilla no problem, but when i try to load RoM it only gets as far as the load screen and the program stops loading and closes. what the heck? im all patched up.

so any help would be appreciated...i just cant load the mod. my rig is plenty fast enough and running win 7. it runs bts vanilla no problem, but when i try to load RoM it only gets as far as the load screen and the program stops loading and closes. what the heck? im all patched up.

Are you playing with the correct access level? admin I think - I don't have win7.

yeah im using the admin account. ive tried putting the mod dir in my my documents game folder, ive tried it in the actual game directory, ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, it just starts loading and then the process ends.

yeah im using the admin account. ive tried putting the mod dir in my my documents game folder, ive tried it in the actual game directory, ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, it just starts loading and then the process ends.

Well it definitely will not work if you have it in the my games folder. Also it's folder must be called "Rise of Mankind". I've had all sorts of troubles recently with one of the sub-folders becoming read only but that is probably not your problem. Sorry, I don't think I can help. Anyone else have ideas?

This is my favorite mod but i have three problems that came up.
1. Somewhere while playing all my cottages, hamlets and town stopped growing.
2. All the AI civilization have the same three civic of feudalism, republic and barter. Regardless of their circumstances and what civic options they have.
3. Lastly this one has probably being discussed before. But why is it have after a few thousand years the random event that destroys your galley when it end its turn in the ocean just stops happening.

This is my favorite mod but i have three problems that came up.
1. Somewhere while playing all my cottages, hamlets and town stopped growing.
2. All the AI civilization have the same three civic of feudalism, republic and barter. Regardless of their circumstances and what civic options they have.
3. Lastly this one has probably being discussed before. But why is it have after a few thousand years the random event that destroys your galley when it end its turn in the ocean just stops happening.

1.) Caste Civic

2.) RoM's civics are really unbalanced. Try A New Dawn's civics.

3.) This is supposed to simulate the chance of sinking in the ocean, but I hate it, the AI suck at it and will randomly circumnavigate the globe at 2000 bc, the random event is tied to technologies. The worst part about this feature is that if you play with no random events, oceans are immediately completely navigable, which sucks too. Luckily, I have a small feature in A New Dawn that let's you revert ships back to their older Civ4 no ocean faring style.

3.) This is supposed to simulate the chance of sinking in the ocean, but I hate it, the AI suck at it and will randomly circumnavigate the globe at 2000 bc, the random event is tied to technologies.
All Earth's continents were populated 40 000BC :rolleyes:

Top Bottom