Roll to Dodge: Kill or be Killed.

kill fire

Enormous Midget
Welcome to Roll to Dodge, a game of ludicrous antics, hilarious failure, and utter chaos.

This game is a little different than the classic roll to dodge formula, but it should hopefully be just as fun.

The game will consist of turns, usually lasting at most one day. Every player may submit one action per turn. At the end of each turn, I'll roll a d20 for each action submitted to determine their success, then make a post containing all the results. Be aware that the more extravagant, flashy, and powerful the action you attempt, the less likely it will be to succeed, and the more spectacularly it will backfire. As a general rule, however, a natural 20 will always result in success and a 1 will always result in failure.

Note that attempting an action that would require an intermediate action will always fail. For example, Bob and Jim are both empty-handed in a room together. Jim submits the action "I shoot Bob with my alien raygun." This automatically fails as Jim doesn't have a raygun yet.

You may submit your orders either in the thread or via PM, however, as sneaky as it may be, you are not allowed to submit an action publicly, then send another in private. In such an event, only the public action will be counted.

At the start of the game, each player will be sent a PM with the name of another player who is to be their target. To win, you must kill your target and survive until the end of the game. There may or may not also be other, secret ways to win without killing anyone.

The game ends when all players are either dead or victorious.

As a final note, don't be afraid to think outside the box. Roll to Dodge is a silly game where ridiculous things can happen. Actions like "I do a quadruple jumping backflip over Bob's head and decapitate him" or "I use the ancient arcane rituals of the waffley owl people of Grognak IV to summon a level 10000 elder god" are standard fare. Just let your imagination loose and have fun with it.

Players (10/10)

Secret Scribe

HP: 53

Inventory: None

-----------------------------
Choxorn

HP: 75

Inventory: 5x cutlasses, landshark fin

Status: Pirate Captain, master of the Five Sword Style (+3 to attack rolls using five swords), four armed freak (+1 to dodge rolls when wielding five swords), slayer of the fearsome landshark, chosen of Grievous (+2 to actions requiring intelligence)
Tsoate

HP: 47

Inventory: Four-leaf clover, heavily modified crossbow

mythmonster2

HP: 16

Inventory: Masterfully crafted longsword, spork

west india man

HP: 85

Inventory: Red motorcycle, old 2-by-4

Arrow Gamer

HP: 40

KaiserElectric

HP: 100

Inventory: $60, baseball bat, old cell phone, clean suit

Omega124

HP: 83

Inventory: Amputated, broken arm, elbow blade, martini shaker attachment, fully functional potato gun

Status: Badass cyborg (+2 to melee attack rolls, +1 to actions requiring intimidation)
<nuke>

HP: 55

Status: Stark, raving mad! (Must kill all other players to win) Flailing Fu apprenctice (+1 to attack rolls while unarmed), diseased (-15 HP per turn) on fire (-15 HP per turn)
talonschild

HP: 100

Inventory: $.75, jammed makeshift firearm

Status: Stark, raving mad! (Must kill all other players to win)

NPCs

Pirates (7)

Allegiance: Choxorn
Strange man

Allegiance: None.
Sir Reginald Sparklesworth Equinius III, Pegasus of the highest nobility (Recovering from his injuries for another 2 turns)

Allegiance: mythmonster2
UNIT K-749

Allegiance: Arrow Gamer
Ukrainian mobsters (Arriving in 2 turns)

Allegiance: Tsoate
Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtle

Allegiance: Omega124
Cyberdemon

Allegiance: Not you

I join and walk into the tavern (this starts in a tavern because it involves d20, or am I wrong). I then go up to the bartender and ask far a "drink."

I join, and ignore your comment about the game not starting yet.

Oh hell yes, it's been too long since I've done a Roll to Dodge. Ah, good times, good times. In.

I'm Kaiser, nice to meet you In.

I was hoping to get another player or two, but it seems that this is probably the most we're going to have. As I'm no longer busy, this seems like the perfect time to start. PMs will be sent momentarily.

This morning, you wake up to find an eerie message written, in some strange way or another, directly to you. It simply gives a name and the words "Kill or be Killed." You get the feeling that this is going to be a very bizarre and interesting day. You dress yourself and head out to follow the instructions relayed to you.

You've all been pm'd your targets. You can feel free to submit your actions at any time.

For the first turn I'll give everyone 48 hours to submit an action. From turn 2 onwards, turns will last 24 hours or until everyone has submitted an action.

I look in my armory for anything useful.

I go back inside and be sure to have a hearty breakfast to prepare myself for the day ahead.

I search for treasure.

Top Bottom