SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

It was very easy actually. Lure the Navy out of their hiding places, wait a turn, then pounce out of the shadows of the ocean: out of Britain's LOS. And do this simultaneously all around the world right after declaring war.

The result: one naked empire.

Okay, I'm impressed. That was about the size of my navy. Nukes? Who needs 'um! :nuke:
Hear! Hear!

It was very easy actually. Lure the Navy out of their hiding places, wait a turn, then pounce out of the shadows of the ocean: out of Britain's LOS. And do this simultaneously all around the world right after declaring war.

The result: one naked empire.
I've noticed that occasionally the British load up a large part of their fleet in one city and don't bother moving it for a very long time. Then even tend to refrain from moving long enough for you to blockade them.

"Sitting ducks in the harbor". If you had planes. Or "dead in the harbor" if you capture the city. :D

A major downside to capturing the city is that the defenders are at full health.

Not necessarily, you could have whacked the British armies in the field, and they could have retreated to the city. Then they would have lower HP's.

Not necessarily, you could have whacked the British armies in the field, and they could have retreated to the city. Then they would have lower HP's.

Not if they don't leave the city to engage my forces, as is usually the case for me.

A major downside to capturing the city is that the defenders are at full health.

Not necessarily - I've had times (in my Germany game) when bombarding with Ships would target the vessels in Gibraltar, but the Rail Guns would damage the defending infantry units first.

I know :). This is an age old debate.
Just bring up some arty for heaven's sake!
I was invading the land for the first time. I only put artillery on the ground after I have a beachhead that is relatively secure. I don't even want to go in to how I define relatively secure, far too many factors involved.

Not necessarily - I've had times (in my Germany game) when bombarding with Ships would target the vessels in Gibraltar, but the Rail Guns would damage the defending infantry units first.
Again, I'm not using artillery as I've not even landed troops yet (my marines are on transports waiting to land).

To El Justo

I notice in first page of this thread that goverment cannot be changed,how did you do that? I didnt search whole thread so i dont know if someone ask you that allready,but i will be greatfull if you answer me.

And i have to say great scenario.

I played as Austria and great,but i have one sugestion.
Why don't you give austria one more costal city like Split or Dubrovnik.
Anyway awesome scenario.

I can answer that. :)

The governments in the game are available with certain techs. (Let's say Monarchy is available with the tech "Divine Right") These certain techs (Divine Right) are given only to those civilizations that the modder wants to use the government ("Divine Right" is given only to England, so only England can use the government Monarchy). The tech (in this case, "Divine Right"), is also no-era, and non-tradeable.

In this way, only civs that start with the government tech (Divine Right) can use the government (Monarchy, which requires Divine Right), and no civ can gain that government tech later in the game.

I can answer that. :)

The governments in the game are available with certain techs. (Let's say Monarchy is available with the tech "Divine Right") These certain techs (Divine Right) are given only to those civilizations that the modder wants to use the government ("Divine Right" is given only to England, so only England can use the government Monarchy). The tech (in this case, "Divine Right"), is also no-era, and non-tradeable.

In this way, only civs that start with the government tech (Divine Right) can use the government (Monarchy, which requires Divine Right), and no civ can gain that government tech later in the game.

WOW that was fast, thx that solve my problem;)

To El Justo

I notice in first page of this thread that goverment cannot be changed,how did you do that? I didnt search whole thread so i dont know if someone ask you that allready,but i will be greatfull if you answer me.

And i have to say great scenario.

I played as Austria and great,but i have one sugestion.
Why don't you give austria one more costal city like Split or Dubrovnik.
Anyway awesome scenario.

I believe the mod is at the global allowed limit for cities. The other issue is that A/H was pretty much a land power first when it came to money and had limited production available for a navy. Giving them a second port to start with makes it much easier for a A/H player to break out of a blockade situation and also eases the choices they have to make when it comes to navy vs army. A/H currently constructed has a good "feel" to it when it comes to naval capabilities and production and actually can probably produce more than they should, depending on how a player wants to assign production tiles between the cities.

Started a game as Austria-Hungary, and I can confirm that a second coastal city would make it far too easy. It's easy enough as it is, having conquered Egypt, Sudan, Constantinople and Antalya before weathering off a huge French attack...

However, the Austrians can't build the Torpedo Bombers. They're not checked as buildable in the editor. No major bug, but one that could annoy Austrians in the late run, so I thought I'd mention it.

Top Bottom