1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Secret Society Speculations

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by JaeChunDaeSung, May 15, 2020.

1. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

One small clue we have is that according to FXS, Secret Societies will require either R+F or GS. Since GS already has R+F mechanics, we can deduce it will deal with R+F mechanics. Maybe not entirely, but it will use them. So loyalty, governors, ages, etc.

So I could see things like being able to install a governor in another civ, a la Ottomans. Maybe he/she will decrease loyalty in enemy cities, or act as a spy where you have full visibility over what is going on in the city. Or even if you don't install them yourself, maybe the enemy governor is a part of your secret society and thus has more loyalty towards you then their own native civ.

2. Bechhold

Bechhold King

How are we sure that Secret Societies will even be in regular gameplay and not just part of a scenario?

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  3. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Because they said that game modes can be toggled in regular games and are not scenarios.

4. IMACIV6PLAYER

IMACIV6PLAYER Chieftain

Schools as well. But they never teach them to pray. Because their real mission is to recruit, topple and rule.

5. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Those aren't the real Freemasons. ;)

Anyway, will stop there. Wait and see what this game mode has to offer.

6. JaeChunDaeSung

JaeChunDaeSung Prince

I misinterpreted the feature. It was my hope that it will be an add-on to the game that can be toggled, or not, I'm fine with adding just a bit more here and there to spice things up.

I'm still working off the impressions I got from learning about the Second Italian War of Independence. The fact Louis Napoleon III was himself a member of one of these, I got the notion that being a member, or being discovered as one can carry severe consequences in diplomacy and foreign policy.