[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Home Slices

Now that everything is planned, it plays pretty fast. I'm just waiting on the tech/war bribe decisions and I can roll on to T45 later today.

edit: xpost, thx. I'll wait a little bit yet (dinner time)

I don't see any problem with Mehmed or others. Mehmed can't build a SoD with only 2-3 worthless cities. It'll probably take him forever to tech GP and he's unlikely to choose that for a while, I suspect. Same with France though we should watch for that each turn.

I don't think we want to get any negmods with Mehmed now. He might be useful at the end to get TRs with another AI. I agree no siccing TOku on anyone.

Agree with JC trade.

Based on his original score, I think that Roosevelt could also have Corporation. That would allow some economic ministry points relatively early?

Edit: Hypothetically speaking, if we gave him a city and a GM, would he definitely found CM? It would have to be a city with corn, wheat or rice, which means Shanghai or Gua. In the test game, he founded it. How would we confirm if he has Corporation?

Last edited:
How would we confirm if he has Corporation?
I'm pretty sure he would run FreeMarket, so probably no Corp for him.

But your logic sure makes sense. I tricky way to get corp spread without all the teching. Maybe we are supposed to steal corp from some other AI. Maybe that's why he gave Merc to some AI...to hide the fact that they have Corp/FreeMarket. Assumes those AI would take Merc over FM.
So maybe Memed, France don't have guilds. They have Education and teams would need steal that and steal Econ. Banking we know is out there. But then there's Constitution. It's seems less and less likely any team will steal their way to Corp.

Edit: Hypothetically speaking, if we gave him a city and a GM, would he definitely found CM? It would have to be a city with corn, wheat or rice, which means Shanghai or Gua. In the test game, he founded it. How would we confirm if he has Corporation?
Not sureI see what good it would do us to get a city with a corporation, other than 4 points for the wonder and a small handful of points for one city with the corporation. We couldn't build any execs, right?

• Economy Ministry: 100 points * cities with corporation / total cities (except barbarians)

I think sossos put in a lot of stuff that doesn't relate to us because we're going to win much faster.
Yeah, I agree. It would be hard to utilize on our timeline.
Still, corp execs are not negligible. There are currently 25 cities in the world, so it's 4pts per city, which is the equivalent of building a wonder.

I'm pretty sure he would run FreeMarket, so probably no Corp for him.
That's enabled by Economics, isn't it?

But your logic sure makes sense. I tricky way to get corp spread without all the teching. Maybe we are supposed to steal corp from some other AI. Maybe that's why he gave Merc to some AI...to hide the fact that they have Corp/FreeMarket. Assumes those AI would take Merc over FM.
So maybe Memed, France don't have guilds. They have Education and teams would need steal that and steal Econ. Banking we know is out there. But then there's Constitution. It's seems less and less likely any team will steal their way to Corp.
Guilds lead to Banking, right? Maybe one has Guilds, one Educ?

RE: bombarding Tokyo to 24%. Not like I have anything else to do with the bomber.
It will increase 2% per turn, so there should be some reduction left when I try for Tokyo.

Last edited:
Our archer wandering over to Berlin--I'm gonna turn him around. Probably should have last turn, but at least I spotted a Russian city and archer.
I'll use him to either get a worker in the forests or maybe disrupt a worker chopping. It can defend Moscow T51 if we get it.
If he's on some other mission, you've got about 10 minutes to stop me.

Fairly certain Roosy does NOT have Corporation. That would give him +1 TRs and my test shows us at -2 Export/Import deficit when he has Corp (CHong has two 2c TRs with us) and 0 deficit when I take Corp away from him. When I examined our REAL SAVE from 900 AD we were first in Export/Imports, including a 3c TR between HK and Chong.

Oh yeah, tested your bombardment idea. Oddly,, after it goes to 24%, it went
<enter> 24% (no change)
<enter> 26%
<enter> 28%
<enter> 30%...

Can Pig City be our Monastery/missionary city?! It's closer to Shanghai anyway.*

* Promise to never call it Pig Pie City ever again... :blush: :cool:

Top Bottom