[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Sign up Thread

I'm sheltering in place--good time for a game. If this competition is really never going to happen, how about just release the game and let us enjoy it? Our team is ready to start.

Agreed. If we don't start in the next few weeks, the game is likely never going to happen so it now or almost never. We have three tentative teams. Can we kick off the game with the current three (or four?) teams and see how it goes?

Agreed. If we don't start in the next few weeks, the game is likely never going to happen so it now or almost never. We have three tentative teams. Can we kick off the game with the current three (or four?) teams and see how it goes?
Since it seems there’s no rush for other players to join in, I propose the following. Two options. One is the game is released and the teams simply compete on an informal basis. Two is if it requires only minimal effort on the part of AlanH to set up the initial system and then it runs on auto pilot, then release the game and set up the system and then we go from there with AlanH having no additional responsibilities.

My main concern is to not burden AlanH anymore then he feels like doing.

I'm sitting in lockdown for at least the next three weeks, so I do have time on my hands to set up the submission system and start files for the teams.

I'll have look at the sign-ups in this thread and try to compile the team lists this evening.

Can Deckhand email me the start file?

I'm sitting in lockdown for at least the next three weeks, so I do have time on my hands to set up the submission system and start files for the teams.

I'll have look at the sign-ups in this thread and try to compile the team lists this evening.

Thanks AlanH!!! :goodjob: :xmastree:

Clearly rules are different for different people.
I can assure you this is not the case, as others have said you just need to report it at the time, follow the rules, and if at all possible we will accept it. Crashes during major wars do give us huge issues though so maybe better not to play this type of turn for your team.

That will be me, just need some final checks.

Edit: 2 funny things - the file name at the moment is SG26-Beta75.CivBeyondSwordWBSave - quite a lot of work gone into it lol. I also noticed I have a SG27 beta as well :)

Can I confirm the SGOTM 26 will be the rules already posted. Which I can barely remember.

The threads set up here have been viewed by other teams. So I think a new thread would be needed for each team.

How much time does it take? I never played in a SGOTM and just completed tow GOTMs, and are not particularly good player, could be more of an enthusiastic lurker :)
Hi. If you are still a Mac-only player, I apologise, but while you can be a lurker on a team thread, it's not possible for you to be an active player. In an SGOTM, the save is passed from player to player, and the Mac and Windows versions of BUFFY are not compatible :(

I could join but regular power outages won't allow it. SGOTM is played with BUFFY and reloading is strictly forbidden, right? I'd rather not ruin someone else's game. When there is more certainty about future I will simply an UPS, but in the present climate its not prudent to spend any amount on anything non-essential.

When this SGOTM is expected to begin, anyway?
If you have to reload as a result of a power outage, just let us know with a PM. We'll take it into account as long as it doesn't happen too often, and in the middle of a critical point in the game.

I think I've found all the potential team members in the sign-up threads, including a couple of people who may not be active players.

If all the active people play we have enough for four teams of seven. Please let me know if I have missed anyone.

Copied from the first post, almost two years ago!

Current Sign-up Lists
The table below will display your stated team preferences as you are added to the database. The number of players in each team is shown in brackets, as are non-playing advisers.

Last edited:
Pedro78 did not want to be in PR.
Yes, I need to reduce the player count in Unallocated to make room for him there. - unless he has a preference for one of the other teams.

Are all these players still interested? It was over a year. I think most of Phoenix Rising are on board. Can't speak for unallocated.

Folget has pinged the Unallocated list. Not sure how we determine whether they still exist.

I'd say there's probably about 6 solids for Team X (Folket/Ras/krikav). Rest can dump into new unallocated bucket...if they come back fine if not fine.

PR is a solid 4 players for now. Not sure US actual total at moment, so if players do shout out soon we can fill needs on teams as needed to balance things out.

Highly doubt we get 5 teams.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about a new Team. As far as I'm concerned they are "Unallocated" until they decide on a new name.

Top Bottom