SheepNES: Modern Battlefields: MAIN THREAD

To US
From Germany:

We would like to express our condolences over your loss. While our leaders may have not agreed with everything we valued him as a leader among his people and a friend.

Awesome update!

Official Statements from Luxembourg

On the Bombing in Sydney: The government of Luxembourg condemns this terrorist act and the senseless taking of human life it caused. The taking of a child's life is the greatest tragedy of all; we sincerely hope they will not die in vain.

On the Chunnel Blasts: Today, for the first time, terrorism has come to Luxembourg. We will neither forget the 10 Luxembourgers who died, nor forgive this senseless act of violence. The terrorists have no concept of justice or morality; they have no political agenda; they wish only to kill. We condemn this act antithetical to the laws and morals of humanity.

On the Indonesian Bombings and Ensuing Violence: Terrorism cannot cause a political agenda to succeed, as the Irish and Basque learned. Those who wish to advance the causes they believe in cannot do so through violence.

On the French Crackdown: Though our enemies have no morality, though they show no regard for human life, though they may seem inhuman, we must still treat them like human beings. We must be superior to our enemies, and we must not generalize. This racial profiling is worrying, for it is the first step on a path that has been trod far too often in the past.

On the Middle East Riots: Luxembourg reiterates its past statement. Hasty generalizations can cause no good.

On the Assassination of President George W. Bush: Luxembourg condemns this cowardly act. Those who wish to defeat their enemies can never do so through violence.

On the Completion of High-Speed Internet Service in Luxembourg: Luxembourg today is pleased to announce the completion of a free high-speed internet network throughout Luxembourg, nearly two years ahead of schedule. We hope it will make Luxembourg even more of a leader in telecommunications technology, and further bind Luxembourg to the rest of the world. In time, hopefully, this service may be expanded throughout the European Union.

On the Bombings in Delhi: We offer our condolences to the people of Delhi, and reiterate our condemnations of senseless violence.

On the Cyprus Resolution: Luxembourg and the EU strongly support this resolution. We hope it may bring peace, and thus reduce the number of conflicts in our troubled world.

On the ESA: Luxembourg fully supports the efforts of the ESA. They can bring only good to the world.

On Iran's Nuclear Blast: Luxembourg is grieved to see another nation possess such terrible weapons of mass destruction. May they never be used.

On Environmentalism in Europe: Earlier this year, Luxembourg took steps to encourage a cleaner steel industry and reward lower carbon emissions. It hopes to be joined by the rest of the world before further irreversable damage is caused to our planet.

On the DPRK: Luxembourg welcomes this unexpected peace agreement. We applaud the DPRK for beginning the path towards citizenship in the world.

On Afghanistan: Luxembourg is worried by the recent developments in Afghanistan. This is a war we must not lose. No further totalitarian regimes harmful to their people may be permitted to arise.

On Iraq: A solution must be found, and fast, by the US to solve this grave threat to international peace and security before it escalates further.

OOC: Sheep, I PMed you.

The USA, UK or China should start a Nuclear club thread

TO: The International Community

France will take the measures it sees neccessary to curb the threat of fundamentalist terrorism. There is no "racial profiling" - the French government is targeting legitimate threats to national stability, and the mosque which was closed and raided was determined to be preaching a message of violent fanaticism. France will not allow other nations to dictate what she should do within her own borders, especially since such actions are in no way unlawful or unjust.

TO: The International Community
CC: The Islamic Republic of Iran

France condemns the tests conducted by Iran and condemns the Iranian government as a fundamentalist state-sponsor of terrorism. France believes that it is detrimental to the security of the world that Iran now has nuclear arms, and we will be taking the measures neccessary to stop any enlargement of an Iranian nuclear arsenal. Iran's promises to not create nuclear weapons, and instead pursue nuclear energy only for peaceful means has been broken. It can no longer be trusted and we urge for further sanctions and also any further neccessary actions to stop this emerging threat.

OOC: Nice update.

Union of Togo-Ghana's statements:

To India, Indonesia, Australia UK and France:

We give our greatest condolences to your nations who suffered from an act of cowardice. Terrorism is nothing but, and they can not stand up and fight, but hide explosives and kill innocent civillians. We wish you the best, and remember that our help is available to you should you need it.

On the Middle East Riots: Luxembourg reiterates its past statement. Hasty generalizations can cause no good.

To the USA:

We would like to express our great sorrow of the death of George W. Bush. He was a good leader, of a great nation. We give you the best wishes toward President Cheney and peace in your nation instead of turmoil.

I, Richard Bruce Cheney, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[FONT="courier new”]TELEVISED ADDRESS, THE WHITE HOUSE, WASHINGTON D.C., UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
18:45 EST, NOVEMBER 5, 2007
[/font]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

President Cheney can be seen sitting behind the Oval Office desk.

His appearance directly betrays neither nervousness, but his face reveals exceptional seriousness and agitation.

My fellow Americans, I address you tonight as your newly inaugurated President. As you are all no doubt aware, former President Bush passed away earlier today from injuries suffered during the assassination attempt by Kokab Bahman, who himself was killed during the attempt.

Information we have been able to collect on Kokab Bahman in the past days since the attack indicates he was an Iranian citizen who had lived in this country for five years. The potential for ties to known terrorist organizations, or the government of Iran itself, is as yet unknown. I have issued an executive order for all federal law enforcement agencies to begin immediate investigation into the man's background to determine the motivation for this attack.

The President pauses for a moment to change topics.

He places a hand on the papers in front of them and slowly pushes them off to one side of the desk before interlocking his fingers in front of him and looking straight at the camera.

The death of President Bush comes at a troubled time for our nation, and although my sincerest sympathies go out to Laura and his two daughters, I believe he would have wished that we could use the somberness of the occasion to discuss these matters frankly and earnestly, while we are not so engaged in our politicking and partisan games as to miss the voice of reason and truth.

The President takes off his glasses, setting them on top of the papers.

He looks back at the camera.

It is my opinion that in hard times, truth and directness is the best possible solution. It is not traditional for politicians, let alone Presidents, to speak candidly or frankly. I would hope that the people of this great country would forgive me were I to do so, and would not expect too much of their own representatives after such an event.

President Bush's assassination at the hands of a fanatic comes as the exclamation point of a paragraph of violent acts perpetrated either by or within the global Muslim community this year. The memories of Sydney, the Chunnel, Iraq, and Afghanistan, Paris, and several other deplorable terrorist actions echo strongly in the minds of all of us. The assassination of President Bush is only the latest lashing out of a society which has come to believe it is entitled to commit violence against others as a solution to its problems. The repeated failure of the more radical elements of the Islamic faith to conduct themselves in a civilized manner and to cease in their campaign of terror against the western world is unacceptable. It is unacceptable to myself, to my cabinet, and it is unacceptable to the American people, or indeed the free world to have to endure blackmail at the hands of a cabal of barbarians.

Several in Congress, on both sides of the aisle, have already begun quiet criticism of the former President's plans for withdrawal from Iraq, even on the day of his passing. I find this a disgraceful indicator of how far our resolve of national unity has fallen since the attacks on September 11. I would like to remind both these individuals, and all those who share similar thoughts of some of former President Bush’s final words: “One cannot help those who are unwilling to help themselves.”

The government of Iraq, and the people of Iraq have repeatedly made it clear that they are unwilling to help themselves. Through both actions and words they have made it plain and obvious that they do not desire our help. This government was the recipient of a deadline of withdrawal of no later than January of 2009. That is not, as some have suggested, the United States “pulling the plug”—it is Iraq issuing an eviction order. The United States is not a support group. It is not a therapist. It is not an intervention to stop self-destructive behavior. It is a nation of people, and it will not smile and turn the other cheek when spat upon by those it is attempting to aide.

Several elements within the greater Arab, and Muslim world, have also made it repeatedly clear they are unwilling to help themselves. The extremist elements of that faith, preaching their hatreds within Madrasas, brainwashing their youth into violent and irrational hatred of western culture, and even emulating the salutes, slogans and virtues of the Nazi regime are beyond reason. They are beyond the capacity of logic and empathy to reach and change. They have become so consumed by their hatred that they have let it blind them.

With such heinous actions as I have described as a backdrop, I must state my refusal to tolerate this behavior any longer. My patience for this petulant and childish behavior has run out. My oath to protect this nation, its people, and its ideals no longer permits me, nor any successor of whatever political persuasion to sit idly by and ignore the implacability of those who would destroy this country and everything it stands for. It is not my intention to allow the death of President Bush or the Americans who perished in Sydney, the English Channel, or anywhere else to be tallied as simply more casualties of the War on Terror.

Therefore it is tonight, on his day of passing, that I announce to the world a new doctrine. The United States henceforth reserves the right to intervene in the affairs of any state known to support or harbor terrorist elements which is unwilling to desist in such support and to aide in their capture or elimination without notification, compensation, or observance of diplomatic protocol in regard to the government of that state or any other power.

I will no longer permit the people of this nation to suffer the whims of deluded madmen simply due to a restriction of this government’s capacity to find, target, and eliminate all such threats to this nation in a prudent and effective manner.

This is not a game of poker. It is not a discussion, or a debate, or an argument. This is war, and the enemy has made that abundantly clear. And in war, you are either with us or against us.

The President takes his glasses and puts them back on.

Good night, and God bless America.

The sound goes out. Newscaster commentary resumes.

To France, and any other nation with Nukes that complaines about Iran having Nukes.
From Iran
CC Complaints

Why should we not have Nukes? You guys have Nukes. The U.S. had a pre emptive strike because their leader thought they had WMDs. Well, Iraq wasn't exactly nice before, now it is a hell hole. Iran doesn't want that to happen. The USA will not attack if we have Nukes though, for unlike DPRK, we will defend ourselves, and use or weapons as we see fit But, we will consider disarming if every single nation disbands their armies, navies, and air forces, and disarms all their nukes

To USA
From Iran
CC Assasination

While we grieve for your loss, for even the loss of the life of an infidel should still be mourned, we would like you to know that we had nothing to do with it.

OOC: Oooh Iran is SO ****ed right now...

Expressing that I may join as a small scale nation.

Probably as Taiwan. However, I want to see if I can make my own deadline for my update before making a final decision.

Nice Update BTW.

OOC: Oooh Iran is SO ****ed right now...

You know, my name is Nuclear kid, and making big wars with big boom from Nukes is my specilty. Go to In the Shadow of Rome, and you will see that I am actually stupid enough to fight a 4 front war, and set off big boom boom (I didn't do that in that NES though). So, If anyone goes pre emptive on my @$$ they will go boom boom :nuke:

OOC: Unless of course that pre-emptive disarms your nukes...

So, are you saying I should go Pre Empitve on them :mischief:

To: Luxemburg

we would like to thank you for your support of our position on the six party talks

To: United States

we would like to extend our thanks to the United States for honoring the agreement we have come to, as you can see our nuclear weapons have been dismantled

OFFICIAL PRESS STATEMENT FROM THE WHITE HOUSE
November 6, 2007

President Cheney today sends thanks on behalf of the American people to all nations that have sent condolences on the condition and passing of former President Bush. "It's reassuring that in these troubled times leaders might have vision to recognize the passing of a great man such as the former President, who possessed a strong desire for peace and democracy," stated the President as part of his letter to the leaders of these countries.

November 17

"The detonation of a nuclear weapon by Iran [...] presents an unacceptable danger to the civilized world," President Cheney stated in a speech immediately following Iran's announcement of successful nuclear testing. Atmospheric radioisotope levels have been found to verify the claim, as have independent sources both within the United States and foreign nations with seismic data. "Iran has repeatedly lied about the intention of its nuclear program; this government has maintained that posture throughout and finds it now verified by this test," stated Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice. When asked as to possible U.S. responses to the test, the President stated "All options are on the table."

The President has announced his intention to pursue harsh sanctions against Iran within the United Nations Security Council following the conclusion of the holidays.

December 7, 2007

"It is important that we all have an understanding that the Islamic Radicalism which the world confronts today is every bit as dangerous, if not more so, than the forces of Fascism which this nation confronted 66 years ago," President Cheney stated at a memorial service for the Pearl Harbor attacks. The President paid respects to the memory of America's fighting men and women who gave their lives and youth to preserve freedom and democracy and their present-day descendents with whom the fight for freedom lives on.

December 26, 2007

President Cheney today has announced his intention to go "on tour" in order to reaffirm international ties. The President's scheduled itenerary includes visits in the U.K., France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, China, and Japan. The President has stated in regard to these visits that "The threat of terrorism has been demonstrated by its prosecutors to be global and character, and as such it is a threat to us all; the recognition of this fact and the beginning of steps to solve it are crucial to the forgining of understanding and cooperation and the creation of a global front against such barbaric acts."

The President is expected to begin his tour just after the New Year on January 1, 2008.

OOC: Nice update, however the following are sort of annoying:

Chinese Man in Orbit said:
the mission now is to land on the moon by 2016.
Completely ridiculous.

ESA Man in Orbit by 2010 said:
one of which is termed a Space Elevator...
Also mostly ridiculous. But whatever.

OCC:

"5 minutes after the initial explosion ripped through the tunnel, the tunnel wall breached,"

A package powerful enough to breach 45 metres of seabed and small enough to escape notice? Ah hell no, I can see it putting the chunnel out of action, but breaching it, esp considering the thing was sepcifically designed to avoid such problems seems unlikly.

IC: The instigators of the riots in Java will be found and most terribly punished.

To: The United States of America

South Africa wishes to reaffirm it's friendship with the United States in light of recent events, and request him to also make a trip here somewhere in the near future so he may see the New South Africa and the advances it is making in AIDS research and bringing democracy to the African continent. President Thabo Mbeki would also be honored to visit the United States.

OOC: The Space elevator is actually under construction IRL in... guess where? America. They plan to have it operational by 2030 something i think... wiki has a thing on it too... though i agree silly people.

Top Bottom