Sheriff Joe Arpaio Releases the Results of His Investigation

So who the hell is this Arpaio guy and why should we care what he thinks? I thought this issue was buried

It is burried, except in the minds of vermin like this guy Arpaio and the ******s who listen to anything he has to say. Who he is is a corrupt and racist sheriff in Arizona who's gotten a lot of press for racial profiling.

It is burried, except in the minds of vermin like this guy Arpaio and the ******s who listen to anything he has to say. Who he is is a corrupt and racist sheriff in Arizona who's gotten a lot of press for racial profiling.

Yeah, but who asked him to do this investigation? Is this his own personal witch hunt or what?

Yeah, but who asked him to do this investigation? Is this his own personal witch hunt or what?

Arpaio has a history of attacks on people who stand up to him. Obama is a bit more capable of defending himself from them than some of his other victims have been.

It is the way Sheriff Joe treats any criticism. He is a real-life Cartman who demands that everybody respect his authoritah.

Doesn't this guy have a boss? I mean.. It seems to me that a personal witch hunt is not something his higher ups would appreciate. Or does he not have any for some reason?

It's an elected position, so theoretically the voters are his boss. The guy is a tyrant though, so I doubt anyone but Jesus is his boss in his mind.

Geoge Lopez should go back to Mexico. They're the only people that find his vulgar humor funny anyway.

I had some intelligent quip but it was too much effort so I'll just say eeeeeeeeeeffffff youuuuuuuuuuu!!!

~300 voters from his district/area approached him about it, so he launched the investigation.

And that's why not everything should be put to a vote :cringe:

And that's why not everything should be put to a vote :cringe:

Maricopa County, his district, has a population of about 4 million. If there had been a vote on this investigation, 300 voters would have made no difference.

Plus, not putting things to a vote leads to certain people having too much power, like say, how this sheriff has behaved.

Only he continues to be elected.

Only he continues to be elected.

So when Clinton was elected, he was elected to commit adultery? When Nixon was elected, he was elected to resign?

Just because someone is elected, doesn't mean voters approve of everything they do.

I think if any voters but right-wingers and retirees cared about who the sheriff was, he would lose.

In Arpaio's case it does. The voters love his War on Mexicans. They also lap up the relationship with the repulsive Steven Seagall.

Maricopa County, his district, has a population of about 4 million. If there had been a vote on this investigation, 300 voters would have made no difference.

Plus, not putting things to a vote leads to certain people having too much power, like say, how this sheriff has behaved.

This Sheriff's behaviour exists because he was voted into the position.
If the Sheriff was not an elected office this almost certainly would not have occurred.
Why is the head of the local police elected in the first place? THat just seems ridiculous.

This Sheriff's behaviour exists because he was voted into the position.
If the Sheriff was not an elected office this almost certainly would not have occurred.
Why is the head of the local police elected in the first place? THat just seems ridiculous.

I don't think the POLICE leadership is voted in. Only the SHERIFF. I don't know why municipal departments appoint and county departments elect. Maybe it has to do with the fact that municipal departments have to answer to an elected mayor and sheriffs don't? I don't know.

As for the other part, the only people that vote in such elections are those scared by illegal immigrants. The voting patterns make sense, but they are not an accurate representation of all local voters.

Honestly after thinking about it, I dont know what disturbs me more, the fact he keeps getting elected or that he is such a hero to a segment of the republican party.

Top Bottom