Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

You don't need to buy the subscription plan. $170 gets you a normal copy.

Yeah I know it's just annoying, I don't remember it ever being that expensive.

Open Office is free. That's what I've used for years.

I did too, but I thought it was deprecated now?

Yeah, my daughter has an Iphone. So my phone was on some expensive plan with all of rest. When my phone broke, we saw the add and they were offering free phones on their intro order so we decided to move my phone over. Since I don't use it that often we got the pay by gig plan for it. She says my bill has been under 5 dollars a month since we moved. Her bill for hers and my daughters dropped 50 a month once I was moved off.

if you're not going to use that much data, see if they're still offering free phones. If I decide to spurge and start using more data it's only 12 a gig or go unlimited for 45. And you have all the xfinity hotspots you can log into to avoid data charges. A rare smart decision in our household on this one.

I'll check but they weren't offering iphones last time, or they were merely discounted some. My phone is through work so no issues. My wife uses about 2-3 gbs a month and we pay like $55 right now for her plan. So it's not a huge savings but worth checking.

Open Office is still being developed, but all the good devs moved over to Libre Office years ago.

I did too, but I thought it was deprecated now?
I don't understand what you mean.

The only annoying thing about it is that every so often it makes me re-register it before I can get into my documents.

There are a huge number of Pokestops on my bike route and I was beginning to be a threat to my fellow riders by trying to bike and play Pokemon Go so I bought a bike mount for my phone. It's pretty rad but they sent me the wrong color. Oh well, I don't care enough to send it back and it works very well.

There are a huge number of Pokestops on my bike route and I was beginning to be a threat to my fellow riders by trying to bike and play Pokemon Go so I bought a bike mount for my phone. It's pretty rad but they sent me the wrong color. Oh well, I don't care enough to send it back and it works very well.

Send me your trainer code, dawg.

Bro that's a thing?

Edit:
7233 8732 9432
I got like 10 gifts I can send you because I need to clear a spot in my inventory.

Edit 2: But I should save some for @aimeeandbeatles if she plays because she's awesome and sent me some card codes.

You can only send one gift a day to a person so we gucci, fam.

I don't really understand the game and I'm only 4 days in. I blew over 30 pokeballs on a bidoof and solrock. Not worth it.

I just bought a subscription to DistroKid.

Who knows what that is?

you'll enjoy the larger screen. We have cats, so even though it sits on a table, I use two c-clamps to keep the base firm to the table in case the cats go crazy.

Oh yeah I'm very pumped. I might even be able to see it from my kitchen now.

I'd like to think I was clever. I've been drooling over the new 65 inch OLED tvs, but I know the wife won't go along with the 2-3 grand price tag considering our current set is a really nice plasma that isn't that old yet. So for Christmas I got my daughter the 55 inch version. Every time my wife comes back from stopping by her place she comments on how great her TV is. A few more months of this and I'll suggest that maybe we should upgrade. :lol: :lol:

If you need it, I got some extra space to hold your plasma.

Strange. I mentioned to my brother that it might be available and would look great in his living room (currently has an old crappy 42" in there) and he didn't seem interested. Said the plasma was a bit bulky. HUH. It's less than 3 inches thick.

Strange. I mentioned to my brother that it might be available and would look great in his living room (currently has an old crappy 42" in there) and he didn't seem interested. Said the plasma was a bit bulky. HUH. It's less than 3 inches thick.
Send it to Hygro.

We'll definitely revisit that when it's time. Wonder how much it would cost to pack it and ship it. It is a top of the line plasma.

Wonder how much it would cost to pack it and ship it.
$100 to $150 is my guess. Just insure it for replacement value.

I bought something called a Go-tcha Ranger to make it easier to play Pokemon Go and today was my first big outing with it. The unit connects with your phone and triggers it to catch Pokemon automatically and spin Pokestops to get items. It can't battle at gyms but it's perfect for allowing you to keep up your pace while you walk, jog or bike around a congested area.

For the most part, if the game is active and running, the unit doesn't have any connectivity issues. In 2.5 hours it only dropped once, which isn't amazing but isn't terrible. However, if you are in an area devoid of Pokemon and Pokestops, it will time out pretty aggressively and then it becomes a pain in the butt to reconnect it to the phone all the time. The unit comes with an app and a button that allow you to program it to some extent.

You can tell it only to catch new pokemon or to catch all pokemon; you can have it spin pokestops or not spin them. That's really it though one drawback is that you can't tell it exactly which Pokemon you want nor can it use anything but regular Pokeballs to catch Pokemon. This is sort of an achilles heal on long journeys because I picked up over 50 non-standard Pokeballs at stops just today that it can't use.

On the other hand, I let it try and catch every type of pokemon and it vacuumed up about 250-275 regular pokeballs in that 2.5 hours, while catching about 130 of those it attempted to get. What really sucks is that on a bike, you move out of range of Pokemon pretty quickly so if the unit does not complete the transaction quickly, you will out-range the targeted Pokemon and get a failed catch no matter what. This forced me to slow down a bit to catch clusters of pokemon that spawned on the trail in a few spots. More annoying, when the unit is set to catch all pokemon, it will do just that and so I wound up with 30 Psyducks alone from that trip even though this is more than I'd ever want.

At the same time, there are some pokemon I already have that I want more of so if I set it to only catch new pokemon, I'd miss all those other ones. In any case, I think for long rides I will set it to only get new pokemon just to preserve my Pokeballs a bit. Overall its a neat gadget and enhances the game. It has a beefy 1800 mAhr battery that you can use to charge your phone and a compass and LED torch. It was expensive but I plan on using it a lot so it is worth it to me.

I criticized it a lot here but my problems with it are at the margins. It's very good at what it does.

Top Bottom