Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

If you have a pair of high end graphics cards, you'll find that they work together in tandem very well. The difference in my machine is averaging 150 frames per second.

You are correct.

I have Radeon's flagship cards. A single card gets me about 200 FPS on one card, when I added a second card my FPS rate went up to 320 - 380. As I said to hobbs above, I average about a 150 FPS improvement with both cards. Using cheaper cards doesn't make sense for this, but if you use really good cards, the performance is worth it.

Can you see any noticeable difference on your monitor between those? Both are insanely high refresh. What monitor do you have? Most cap at 240hz, not sure what some of those special eyefinity stuff do.

If you have multiple monitors, can you set each graphics card to be dedicated to one?

Apple's new desktop costs $6,000; The monitor another $5,000, but you need to pony up one more thousand to get the monitor stand.

https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

Keep scrolling down, and down and down to see it all. 4 GPUs!!!

I remember when they released a Mac that looked like a garbage can.

I bought my wife a set of Airpod pros tonight.

Can you see any noticeable difference on your monitor between those? Both are insanely high refresh. What monitor do you have? Most cap at 240hz, not sure what some of those special eyefinity stuff do.
I have a pair of these: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/VP278QGL/

I use the freesync option to eliminate tearing and it works well. I'm considering going to a pair of 27" 4K monitors, I just haven't been able to find some that I really like.

If you have multiple monitors, can you set each graphics card to be dedicated to one?
I've never tried that. I wonder if it works?

I HAZ questions
Why is the back fan mounted outside the case ?
I had to mount it to the back because it won't fit on the inside with the radiator installed. It's missing about a quarter inch of room. Just enough that the fan holes don't line up. :( You'll also notice the two fans on the top of the case. A little sub-optimal, but the fans don't clear the motherboard if they are on the proper side of the radiator.

I badly need a new case. And a little dusting apparently. :lol:

Maybe you can get a shiny pretty case with colours.

IMG_20191123_185750.jpg

19th anniversary lemon tart.

Bought a new front-light for my son's bike, because even though the old one I fitted last weekend worked during initial testing, it has abjectly refused to co-operate ever since then. So today I spent another happy :hmm: hour outside on the terrace, troubleshooting all the connections (and swearing), before giving up and riding into town to buy a new one.

Really would have preferred to get an LED light (brighter/more efficient), but every single LED model the bike shop sold came pre-fitted with integrated, internally-attached cables only 50-60 cm in length. For a hub-dynamo on the front wheel, sure, that would be plenty, but he doesn't have a hub-dynamo -- and 60 cm is only about half the length needed to reach the rear fork, where the friction-dynamo had to be mounted (because his front fork is sprung, and the mounting-bracket didn't fit round the tube). So he got/will get an ordinary incandescent-bulb model instead. And I foresee another freeze-yer-knackers-off session on the terrace in my near future.

Probably right after I finish disassembling, loading, transporting and unloading His Majesty's new (secondhand) bed tomorrow lunchtime...

I have a pair of these: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/VP278QGL/

I use the freesync option to eliminate tearing and it works well. I'm considering going to a pair of 27" 4K monitors, I just haven't been able to find some that I really like.

I've never tried that. I wonder if it works?

Have you looked into ultrawides? There's a massive 49" option from I think Samsung. This way eliminates the bezel between the monitors.

And I foresee another freeze-yer-knackers-off session on the terrace in my near future.

Probably right after I finish disassembling, loading, transporting and unloading His Majesty's new (secondhand) bed tomorrow lunchtime...
Yup, this is pretty much how it played out.

A hot cuppa tea has now assisted with returning blood circulation to my fingers, allowing me to tell you all about it.

View attachment 539577
19th anniversary lemon tart.
Congrats!
Have you looked into ultrawides? There's a massive 49" option from I think Samsung. This way eliminates the bezel between the monitors.
I second this recommendation. At one job I got a sweet curved, ultrawide monitor and it was much better than having multiple smaller monitors. It wasn't 49" wide and I didn't feel that the curve really did anything but it was wide enough to not need a second monitor.

Steak with pepper sauce
IMG_20191125_183041.jpg

Dessert
IMG_20191125_191825.jpg

Anniversary, birthday, another birthday this weekend.

Top Bottom