Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
AI workers are out of control again.

Since your fix to have "cover"/accompanied unit, with them no problem, BUT now they are taken all over the map "accompanied" even in enemy territory, and also for NO apparent reason??

This has been happening since your change to them, but i just forget to put them here as attached.

It seems strange that a ship can get defense bonuses if it in land terrains.

It seems strange that Camoflauge is available to boats at all. I think we should remove that access yes. I'll do it later this weekend perhaps.

Immunity to first strike is also extraordinarily op and system breaking and a not so distant goal for me is to re-adjust the system to more easily account for REDUCTIONS in enemy first strikes rather than outright immunity. There's simply no granularity in outright immunity (and as little rationale when First Strike currently means a blend of so many things - as discussed elsewhere.)

Well I downloaded the patch. Haven't played far enough into it to see if ambulances, village hall etc are fixed. But I still have no barbarians, no multi build in cities or research and no one city challenge. Is there somewhere I can redownload v30?

Well I downloaded the patch. Haven't played far enough into it to see if ambulances, village hall etc are fixed. But I still have no barbarians, no multi build in cities or research and no one city challenge. Is there somewhere I can redownload v30?

Might be easier for you to go into the Assets/XML/GameInfo/CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml file and change those options to active by changing the <bDefault> tag to 1 rather than 0 on those selections.

But keep in mind that without barbarians there are no animals. Multi-build and Multi-research were removed only because they are considered too critical to have on to go without. They are now permanently on and hidden. And one city challenge is there but not part of the normal list because so many building chains require a particular city count so the option was deemed unsuited to C2C. We didn't remove the ability to use it though... just made it a bit more effort to do so as the design team is trying to keep the option count down and we figured nobody to hardly anyone would really ever use this option.

Also, something strange:

When I attack a Star Fort (Not sure if it happens on other buildings like it), after I lower it to 50%, I can attack, but the screen saying "You cannot attack x City, because of Star Fort. Either lower city defences under yadada yadayada" isn't disappearing, and because of that I can't really see the units inside of the city.

Also, something strange:

When I attack a Star Fort (Not sure if it happens on other buildings like it), after I lower it to 50%, I can attack, but the screen saying "You cannot attack x City, because of Star Fort. Either lower city defences under yadada yadayada" isn't disappearing, and because of that I can't really see the units inside of the city.

You can, by the way: Just make sure you have no unit selected and then hover over the city.

Thunderbrd said:
It seems strange that Camoflauge is available to boats at all. I think we should remove that access yes. I'll do it later this weekend perhaps.

They can also get the Hit and Run, the Loose Formation etc Promos.

While hunting I discovered that:

Sometimes my units aren't allowed to go on specific tiles for absolutely NO reason. Not impassable terrain, not ZoC, just out in the wild. And even weirder, also on my own terrain. There are no units around there, I try to move my Hunter 1 field south: not possible. I tried it next round where nothing changed on the plots: it works.

Also, sometimes my Hunter 1 can't move from A to B, but Hunter 2 can do so, on the excact same route Hunter 1 would have taken!

While hunting I discovered that:

Sometimes my units aren't allowed to go on specific tiles for absolutely NO reason. Not impassable terrain, not ZoC, just out in the wild. And even weirder, also on my own terrain. There are no units around there, I try to move my Hunter 1 field south: not possible. I tried it next round where nothing changed on the plots: it works.

Also, sometimes my Hunter 1 can't move from A to B, but Hunter 2 can do so, on the excact same route Hunter 1 would have taken!

Sounds like a caching bug. See if you can pin down a reproducible case to post. The key thing to make it reproducible is likely to be the order in which you move units in the turn - especially which one you move immediately before the one that has the problem. Also (workaround) it will probably go away if you switch to another unit and move that then switch back to the one that was having problems (I suspect)

It seems that all :) from discovering natural wonders first disappear after recalculation.

It seems that all :) from discovering natural wonders first disappear after recalculation.

@DH - how is this enacted? Is it an event or just a direct set of happiness from Python?

I have another unkillable unit: a German Dromon near Munich/Berlin. This time the unit has a star-sign promotion that gives him 20% chance of survive after battle. But (after many attacks) always survive, although now with minimal HP. Like the Warlord Chief, it cannot be deleted from WB.

SVN 5771, with SVN 5843 DLL. Save attached.

PD: What about this?

This was a bug in the survivor code for promotions that bestow a chance to survive on being killed. Once it rolled a successful survive roll that applied for the ENTIRE turn, no matter how many times it was attacked. I have changed it to apply only to the single combat, so if it gets attacked again it has to roll again. Will be on the SVN later today.

I don't know if it is a bug or a "feature" but it's a little bit annoying. I you capture a civilian unit the unit goes into sleep mode although it has movementpoints left.

I recently have notice this even with regular units also???

No, only with civilian unit. If you destroy and capture a military unit the attacker is still active. But the same happens if you kill a civilian unit with a HN unit.

Multi-build and Multi-research were removed only because they are considered too critical to have on to go without. They are now permanently on and hidden.

Multi build and research are most definitely not on. I just played a game on blitz and had to build each tiny little building one at a time, it got old very fast, as at that speed everything is cheap and fast, so the buildings to be built stacked up until it was a chore to find modern buildings to build rather than that stick collector etc that never seems to go away but still takes a turn to build.

@DH - how is this enacted? Is it an event or just a direct set of happiness from Python?

Direct python code, almost directly from platyping.

Multi build and research are most definitely not on. I just played a game on blitz and had to build each tiny little building one at a time, it got old very fast, as at that speed everything is cheap and fast, so the buildings to be built stacked up until it was a chore to find modern buildings to build rather than that stick collector etc that never seems to go away but still takes a turn to build.

This happens if you play another mod then come back to c2C and play a custom game. You get the value from the option that is in the same place from the other mod for those options that are not shown in the custom screen. The work around is to start a new c2c play now game before you start a c2c custom game.

You can check and change the game options in world builder but changing some of them can cause other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom