Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I got a repeatable CTD when trying to end current turn, after 2-3 minutes of processing. (Save and minidump of that CTD attached)(Fixed, thanks) Also, there is a chance of get a CTD after 5-10 seconds, but I can't reproduce this.

SVN version 5771 (v31 downloadable), NUM_CITY_PIPELINE_THREADS set to 2.

Attachments

• Rusia2.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 48
Not the newest SVN (I think it was 5709):

When I load my game it crashes during the loading when the loading bar is about 1/3. I tried it on another SVN build and also a savegame 2 rounds before and 5 rounds before, but none of them load.

See SVN thread. Broken saves cannot be recovered. We need to pi down the circumstances when he game CREATES broken saves. It's NOT the load that is at fault - it appears to b the saving.

Hello, I got a repeatable CTD when trying to end current turn, after 2-3 minutes of processing. (Save and minidump of that CTD attached) Also, there is a chance of get a CTD after 5-10 seconds, but I can't reproduce this.

SVN version 5771 (v31 downloadable), NUM_CITY_PIPELINE_THREADS set to 2.

Minidump pins this one down. Bug is obvious - fix will be on he SVN later today.

5774 so far runs stable (5 turns).

On another note: With 5774 (5771 was different) I get a changed behaviour when I discover a technology that opens up a new civic. I get the question whether I want to change to the new civic before I get the window that shows me the details of the new technology. Somehow doesn´t feel right...

This is probably a side-effect of a bug fix made recently to prevent Python notification of new techs being made on background threads (the event gets queued up and signaled slightly later on the main thread now). I probably need to add the same deferred signaling for the popup of the civic choice. I'll look into it more later.

So I tried to load a saved game and it gives a CTD. So I though oh perhaps the new wonders from Sargon were causing it. So I went into the modular controls and turned off the mod. Yet it still gave a CTD. Here is my mini-dump.

You have the corrupt save bug. There's nothing wring with the loading code so nothing that can be determined from the CTD. We still need to find a recipe that (starting from a loadable save) results in a broken autosave (or regular save - which was this?), then we can try to figure out why. Until we do people are going to continue to get broken saves. My best guess is that auto-saves (only) are producing corrupt saves that crash like this when you load them, but it doesn't happen on my auto-saves so someone it does happen to needs to try to pin down when (is it all your autosaves, if not can you see any pattern to which?)

Hey guys,
Everytime I play this save file for a few turns(variable amount of turns), it suddenly CTD without an error message from Windows, as if I had closed it by myself. It does it after I press the "next turn" button(space key).
Now, I can't even get the save file to open, I click it and it loads, then it suddenly CTD like described above.
This is the new version 31 that came up on moddb yesterday

Attachments

• Xu BC-16900.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • MiniDump.7z
    66.1 KB · Views: 52
@Koshling

Here is the save file. It is from a normal save.

The save is no use - it's the save that is broken. What is needed is a recipe to get the game to produce such a save starting from a GOOD save.

Oh. This may be a hint to whats wrong but I have a good save from the same game on the same day. However that save I gave you I actually saved the same game twice. Meaning I saved and then saved again with the same name. Do you think that is what is causing the corruption? Saving over the same name file?

Also do you want the good save?

EDIT: Here is a good save.

Can someone look at why the story teller missions are no longer appearing. The XML has not been changed in ages so it is likely to be in the dll. The whale combat class missions have also stopped appearing. The Great General ones still are.

With the tech leadership the garrison replaces the barrack.
so it is no longer possible to build a slave compound (military) from a captive as the barrack is a prereq for this.

The Promotion Drill V has no Drill Promotion line mark.

I'm trying to follow the CTD reports. Just how stable is v31?

@ ls612/Hydro

The Inniskillings arm is in the backwards motion, making that the wrong KFM for him.

I believe it should be:

Art/Units/Unique/England/Redcoat/RedCoat

I am on my Win 8 so i cant test yet, sorry.

@Koshling:

For some odd reason NOW the CTRL and SHIFT btns aren't working properly??

See pic 2 for explanation of building in queue btns wrong

EDIT EDIT: Can anyone get a PLAYNOW to work, mine CTD on choosing a civ??

Using v31 GEM map, non-repeatable end of turn CTD, no error :-(
Was infrequent in the early stages but as game progressed its happening like 5-10 turns. Thank goodness for auto saves but at the frequency i'm getting recently, I can call the game unplayable

Using v31 GEM map, non-repeatable end of turn CTD, no error :-(
Was infrequent in the early stages but as game progressed its happening like 5-10 turns. Thank goodness for auto saves but at the frequency i'm getting recently, I can call the game unplayable

Pls dont assume, thx, but anyways, follow procedures in post # 1, thx.

@ ls612/Hydro

The Inniskillings arm is in the backwards motion, making that the wrong KFM for him.

I believe it should be:

Art/Units/Unique/England/Redcoat/RedCoat

I am on my Win 8 so i cant test yet, sorry.

@Koshling:

For some odd reason NOW the CTRL and SHIFT btns aren't working properly??

See pic 2 for explanation of building in queue btns wrong

EDIT EDIT: Can anyone get a PLAYNOW to work, mine CTD on choosing a civ??

The ctrl-shift thing is not something that could possibly have changed in the DLL I don't think. I have no explanation for it.

Minidump available for your PLAY NOW CTD? (it works ok for me)

The ctrl-shift thing is not something that could possibly have changed in the DLL I don't think. I have no explanation for it.

I meant the Ctrl and the SHIFT btn separately dont work like it used to, now you have to hold down BOTH Ctrl and Shift to get your buildable unit/building in the TOP of the queue, and the Ctrl is supposed to put it at the TOP but now places it at the bottom??

I wonder if the Play Now is an OLD saved game problem, i will test later, i need to take a nap, i have been going since 1 am.:sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom