1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th July 2013

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

@ DH:

Python error for Partisans, and i believe THIS is the BUTTON that needs to be re-done (Hydro can you do this or have someone else that is training to do this, thx)

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "Partisan", line 521, in onCombatResult
    RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

2. voltar

voltar Drunken Russian

All my saves from that game got fried apparently. So I've wiped my cache and started a new GEM game. Will keep apprised!

3. Thukew

Thukew Chieftain

Still hanging, although now I can get to (but not past) 685 AD. I tried the following:

--Slept all workers, including automated ones, and slept all colonist units
    --Moved newly spawned great people from my capital city (where I usually store them all until needed) to another nearby city and slept them there
    --When that didn't stop the hanging, I also went into each city that was about to produce a wonder of some kind and inserted other buildings at the top of the queue, to see if one of the wonders was causing it on creation. Still hung on turn advance from 685 AD. I'm attaching a copy of my last save with all of the above actions saved.

After the last hang, I've changed the following. I'll test again and let you know the results.
    --In the Civilization IV.ini file, the minidump was not turned on (don't know why, could've sworn I had it on), so I turned it on.
    --I also downloaded the latest dll from your post here (5788). I zipped up a copy of my cache and then cleared it (I will send it if needed). I noticed that there's a file called CvGameCoreDLL.dll.debug in the Assets folder - do I need to do anything with that when replacing the dll?

Attached Files:

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The debug DLL is not used in normal operation, so don't worry about it. I'm not in a position to try your save right now (likely not until tomorrow), but just to clarify before I do - I just need to load it and try to end turn since you've already done the intervening moves right? That hangs for you from the save you posted? (even with the new DLL)

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

What's wrong with that button? :confused:

6. bill2505

bill2505 King

for some reason i get random non repeaded hung ups

7. Kroji

Kroji Chieftain

Well, I have reproduced the crash and can send you a copy of my actual Cache folder. The cache files are generated basically from SVN 5771 (v31 download), with only some text files changed for Spanish translation testing, although my first crash occured with raw v31 assets. The game crashes on startup with SVN 5788 DLL. I have attached last minidump too.

8. bill2505

bill2505 King

9. voltar

voltar Drunken Russian

I can report that using the DLL Koshling posted, and a cleared cache, I've no played 500 turns CTD free, did have one freeze though that required a Ctrl+Alt+Del.

10. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Here?? Just load and end turn? Repeatable from this save? Is this the hang up your previous post indicated was not repeatable each time?

11. bill2505

bill2505 King

the first time i got a hun up. i closed the game and loaded the save again. after some time of hung up i get ctd.
    also i experience many non repeatable (except this save) hung ups

12. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I cannot reproduce this sadly :( At what point does it crash for you? During mod load? If I replace my cache with yours (and set my startup language to Spanish) it is loading ok for me. One question - do you have caching turned on in your INI file? (C2C doesn't use normal BTS caching so turning it on there doesn't enhance anything, but it may be that some left-over fails when it's turned on there [it isn't for me, though I'll try it here also in a moment])

Edit - it makes no difference if I enable or disable caching in the INI (I didn't really think it would), so I'm not sure what the difference could be

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Are you using V31 DLL or the patch DLL that was posted a day or two ago? If the former can you try with the patch please. I'll also try your save here shortly.

Edit - played two turns from your save without problems (with the DLL posted as a patch). If you eventually get a CTD do you have a minidump from it?

14. bill2505

bill2505 King

i always use svn. and update once a day.i will update and see.
    here the is the minidump

Attached Files:

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Partisan has not changed in many versions. Since we introduced terrain damage by the looks of it. The button mentioned on that line is the civic despotism one. Which looks OK.

16. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

From the looks of it, i see "at times" all pink there, and Koshling said there is a btn someplace that might be bad, so this might be it:dunno:

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

A button that is pink will cause a crash when a city tries to build thet building or unit, but it has to show up as pink in the pedia.

Wait it also happens when a city tries to build something when the button is not 64x64.

18. Lexotan_sedlex

Lexotan_sedlex Warlord

Here the save.

I have two rogues, one near the yellow scout. This is the rogue i think must attack the scout.

Attached Files:

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

We are getting pink squares (icons) in the city hover over text. This is because we use BULL which can't handle white space in the icon full path name. This is due to the Natural Wonders.

It has nothing to do with the crash. I am just informing you of a bug that I know about and will fix. It means that I will need to rename a few of the folders in the art.

20. Thukew

Thukew Chieftain

I just tried again with that save, and after clearing the cache and replacing the DLL. Same thing happens. The game loads, I say yes to recalc, and when that finishes I click the end turn button. No other intervening moves. Two notices appear about building pests, the on-screen animations cycle a few times (windmills and waves, that sort of thing), and then the cursor-runner-guy just runs and runs and runs. I gave it a half-hour, just in case (normal turn time is 30 secs).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.