Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th of August 2013

Yeah, thats why i included the savedgame. I bet again it has to do with caching?? Infact i just built the Great Farmer, around my capitol and could not move him back once i moved out into certain areas around my capital.

If (with the latest SVN) you just load the save and immediately try to move in the picture you posted above, is it failing for you?

Hello,

I have experienced this in my last two games. The founding of the religions is not working. Attached is a savegame where I'm about halfway through the prehistoric era in my latest deity game. No religions have been found (of which at least shamanism and druidism should've been at this point) . Hovering the mouse over religious techs it looks like they haven't been founded yet but when I research them myself nothing happens.

Attachments

• religion.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 30
Pretty sure this is not a new bug, but I just had a bandit rider destroy an outrigger that was at sea!

The (AI's, not at war) outrigger was in a coastal tile in which I also had a galley in. When I moved a bandit raider to board the galley he took that as an attack on the outrigger (and killed it)! I won't try to fix this so close to a new release, but sometime...

Hello,

I have experienced this in my last two games. The founding of the religions is not working. Attached is a savegame where I'm about halfway through the prehistoric era in my latest deity game. No religions have been found (of which at least shamanism and druidism should've been at this point) . Hovering the mouse over religious techs it looks like they haven't been founded yet but when I research them myself nothing happens.

You most likely have divine prophets option on, check it by clicking ctrl+shift+q to bring up the startup message box which should state your game options.

Hello,

Yeah, that sounds like DP. I still have yet to clean things up so that DP lets you know what religions have and haven't been taken correctly. This was not possible at the level of skill I was at and now that I have the ability it's just a matter of prioritizing it to get it done.

I'm getting a crash when I go to the next turn, however it's a 'not responding' crash rather than a crash to desktop. I left it to try to go to the next turn for over an hour but still no luck. I'm using C2C v32 and am playing in Windowed mode if that makes any difference. I'm also playing on Civ IV Complete's BtS.

I'm getting a crash when I go to the next turn, however it's a 'not responding' crash rather than a crash to desktop. I left it to try to go to the next turn for over an hour but still no luck. I'm using C2C v32 and am playing in Windowed mode if that makes any difference. I'm also playing on Civ IV Complete's BtS.

Pls look at post #1 here, and then respond back thx.

@strategyonly my apologies. I tried to include a save file as an attachment however I obviously didn't do it right. Also despite changing the Civ IV ini file to what was asked, I couldn't find a minidump file, I guess because it was not responding rather than crashing to desktop? View attachment Jon AD-1806.CivBeyondSwordSave

@strategyonly my apologies. I tried to include a save file as an attachment however I obviously didn't do it right. Also despite changing the Civ IV ini file to what was asked, I couldn't find a minidump file, I guess because it was not responding rather than crashing to desktop? View attachment 361330

I have downloaded and tried your save. It works fine in the latest version for me (took about 10 seconds), so whatever caused it has probably been fixed. Given V33 is released this weekend (you should upgrade when it is), it's probably not worth chasing down unless it persists for you after you upgrade (hopefully it won't!). If it does then I can build a special version that will generate extra logs and stuff, which you can run and will hopefully enable us to pin down the cause (might take a few iterations with more and more specific logging added, so that's why it's not worth investing the effort now, until we know V33 still shows the problem for you).

Important note - in the absence of more specific instructions I just loaded the save and hit end turn, verifying that the turn completed ok, and arrived at the next turn. Can you check that just doing that is all that is needed to reproduce the hang for you. If i is not, what specific actions (from the save you posted) do I need to take?

@strategyonly my apologies. I tried to include a save file as an attachment however I obviously didn't do it right. Also despite changing the Civ IV ini file to what was asked, I couldn't find a minidump file, I guess because it was not responding rather than crashing to desktop? View attachment 361330

I have downloaded and tried your save. It works fine in the latest version for me (took about 10 seconds), so whatever caused it has probably been fixed. Given V33 is released this weekend (you should upgrade when it is), it's probably not worth chasing down unless it persists for you after you upgrade (hopefully it won't!). If it does then I can build a special version that will generate extra logs and stuff, which you can run and will hopefully enable us to pin down the cause (might take a few iterations with more and more specific logging added, so that's why it's not worth investing the effort now, until we know V33 still shows the problem for you).

Important note - in the absence of more specific instructions I just loaded the save and hit end turn, verifying that the turn completed ok, and arrived at the next turn. Can you check that just doing that is all that is needed to reproduce the hang for you. If i is not, what specific actions (from the save you posted) do I need to take?

I did test out of curiosity. ~15 seconds here on C2C V32.
What processor you have?

Well, it's still crashing to desktop, although possibly less frequently than before. Would you recommend I try lowering that value from 1.8G?

If the crashes you are getting are still being reported as memory allocation failures trying dropping it slightly more, but without the 3G switch it's going to be very tight indeed.

Just as an update--I lowered it to 1.7G, and it's made a tremendous difference. I think it's only crashed to desktop once since then. Definitely playable now! Thanks for your assistance.

I did test out of curiosity. ~15 seconds here on C2C V32.
What processor you have?

Haswell i7 4770, 32G RAM, 1T SSD ;) [my machine was nearly 5 years old, and I just built this one last month - planning for it to last at least 4 years]

Haswell i7 4770, 32G RAM, 1T SSD ;) [my machine was nearly 5 years old, and I just built this one last month - planning for it to last at least 4 years]

I have i3-3220, 4GB RAM, 80G HDD :lol:

Hard drive was only computer part, that I didn't upgraded, when I built it in February.
I think I'm going to upgrade my HDD into SSD or processor somewhere next year.

I was also asking jscolton about his processor.

I have i3-3220, 4GB RAM, 80G HDD :lol:

Hard drive was only computer part, that I didn't upgraded, when I built it in February.
I think I'm going to upgrade my HDD into SSD or processor somewhere next year.

Definitely everyone SHOULD have a SSD, my performance alone has increased by over 50% for having it, the speed is sooo much difference from my other PC and really the only difference IS the SSD, its truly amazing:eek:

Definitely everyone SHOULD have a SSD, my performance alone has increased by over 50% for having it, the speed is sooo much difference from my other PC and really the only difference IS the SSD, its truly amazing:eek:

Okay, then I'll go for SSD :D
Are actually HDD obsolete by now?

Okay, then I'll go for SSD :D
Are actually HDD obsolete by now?

Depends on scale and on budget. At very high scales (data-center that needs peta-byte level storage) solid state technologies are just not sufficiently cost competitive yet. For a PC where the scale is say 200G->2T or so they are on the cusp. Prices are around the $0.60/GB range currently, so the 200G->2T works out as around $120->$1200 (actually more at the lower end, because larger SSDs are cheaper per gigabyte). HDDs are still something like an order of magnitude cheaper, but as an overall fraction of the cost of a system the additional cost is much less as an overall percentage.

My advice would be small SSD for system drive + HDD for data if you want to keep costs down, but if you can afford to go all SSD it's definitely a benefit for many applications (not for things like video or photo storage, but for things that need fast random access - loading C2C, concurrent multiple VMs, ...).

I can no longer see how long it will take to build units. I can for buildings. It is just units that don't have this information.

I can no longer see how long it will take to build units. I can for buildings. It is just units that don't have this information.

@DH & TB
As it is now one has to hold down ctrl to see amount of turns it takes to train units (TB is trying to cut down long lists), I think it would be best if that perticular detail is visible without a control key.

Top Bottom