1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th of August 2013

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 13, 2013.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

2. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Yeh, TB made that change a week or two ago.

3. strategyonly

Plus again, why is the Blood thrust pattern not working also?? I put this in for a very good reason, and now its not working??

4. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

That is pretty wacky.

If the "and Production" were removed from that text it would take up one less line so you should be able to actually show the production cost without using any more space. Depending on where exactly it wraps it might need to say "Prerequisites" instead of "Prerequisite Info" (and I could also bring up the whole "excessive capitalization" issue).

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The production is easily placed in the main page segment. That page does include experience point info when the bug option is on to do so.

I don't mind the feedback - I wasn't sure if the system would need some adaptation or not so it's good to know it does and how.

However, there's nothing excessive about the use of capitals on any nouns in a title line, which those help notes would be.

6. strategyonly

I cant build a fort :confused:

7. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Min distance from nearest existing fort is 3 tiles with the current XML (i.e. - if there is already a fort 2 away you can't build one) - is there? (of any nationality)

8. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

If you are doing multiple VMs (which all are running OSes and programs and are IO intensive) you will murder that SSD very quickly, as they are write-limited. And given that IIRC you bought a $600 1 TB ssd for your rig that would be a pretty penny.

9. strategyonly

Where does it say that, pls http??

Also at Koshling:

After the LAST compatibility change or SVN that did something someplace, it used to take LESS than a minute to run, now it is taking more than 4 minutes to get it to work??(On a map in Ren Era that is. Also turn times have dramatically increased ?? Whereas they didnt before in the Ren Era?
    Just an observation, not a criticism.

10. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Nah - I ran some numbers on wear leveling - it'll be fine for many years.

Edit - I should qualify that statement slightly. It actually depends on what hypervisor you're using, and thus how it maps virtual volumes to physical storage. For HyperV it's fine. For a bare-metal hypervisor like VMWare ESX I wouldn't be so confident (I use HyperV)

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

If you can provide me with a save that is now running slowly, I'll find out what the bottleneck is, but I'm not aware of any recent changes that would account for that - can you put your finger on the revision (or a numerical range) that it definitely occurred over?

12. strategyonly

I believe it was the same one you made the graphical switch from VP to now current graphics switch(i believe it got longer and longer with each new SVN that you submitted, again JUST guessing here). And you can use the ABOVE post i have with that savedgame, that is what i am currently running, and many thx for looking.

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

There's something wrong with the graphic for the Japanese variant of a longbowman (samurai graphic I think) - when it's placed on certain terrains (hills?) it leads to corrupt graphics with planes radiating across the screen. I have seen no other unit graphic causing this.

Attached Files:

14. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

None of the graphics code is executed between turns(i.e. - during the AI turn) UNLESS you do NOT have 'minimize AI turn times' switched on, and even then only if the map is focussing around on battles and things. So:

1) Is this happening for you? (i.e. - the map moving around to show you things).

2) Do you have that BUG option set?

3) For me the end turn (if I just load the save and hit end turn) takes approximately 1 minute, 20 seconds. Is it taking significantly longer for you than that?

4) When it was running faster was that for more or less the same game conditions (entire world revealed, roughly the same diplomatic status as now, roughly the same trade status)? [if you have a save from a time you know it was running faster try that and verify that it also runs slower, which would rule out any change in the game state]

15. strategyonly

Sorry i dont have savedgames, because by the time i think of stuff i want to do, by the eot i forget, sorry:blush:
    Maybe i am just blowing smoke, but at least it seems taht way to ME, thats why i HATE the GEM map, i hate waiting anytime around/over 1 1/2 minutes sorry:mischief:

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The BUG option I was asking about is NOT the graphics one - it's 'Minimize AI turn times' - I assume you also have that one ticked?

PS - I'm currently running some profiles of your game to see if I can see any hotspots that might be new

17. strategyonly

I had that mentioned in RED above also, ok great, thx for checking this out.

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

There was some slowdown due to Super Forts code searching for plots outside owned territory to improve. Your game also showed a slight bottleneck in the AI responsible for responding to sea attacks.

I have done some optimization work (of both areas) - you should find your game runs approximately 25% faster now (26% according to my profiling, but mileage may vary slightly)

19. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

If I replace ART_DEF_UNIT_YUMISAMURAI with ART_DEF_UNIT_LONGBOWMAN in ARTSTYLE_JAPAN everything is fine, so there's definitely something up with ART_DEF_UNIT_YUMISAMURAI. Anyway, I've patched my copy to use the basic longbowman, so I can continue to play. I have no idea what might be wrong with the samurai one - hopefully someone that understands the graphics formats can spot something..

20. strategyonly

:lol: Oh come on now that 1% is a WHOLE lot :joke::p ;)

EDIT: On a serious note

Can you do this pls, rename the one with the yumi1_fx to just yumi and see if that works, thx. . . SO