Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 23rd of September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DH
@DH
I see only 2 <iYield>0</iYield> in line 134 for BUILDINGCLASS_FRESCO. I think there needs to be 3.

Heres the problem, i believe:

GlobalDefines says:

Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>NUM_BUILDING_PREREQ_OR_BONUSES</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>7</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

In one you have this:

Code:
<PrereqBonuses>
				<Bonus>BONUS_WATERBOTTLE</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_SODA_POP</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_ENERGY_DRINK</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_POWER_TOOLS</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_BLENDER</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_VACUUM</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_WASHER_DRYER</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_SERVICE_BOTS</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_CELLPHONES</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_SHOES</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_RADIOS</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_TELEVISIONS</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_COMPUTERS</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_MICROWAVES</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_TYPEWRITERS</Bonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_PHONOGRAPHS</Bonus>
			</PrereqBonuses>

Nice!

Change it to 25 so we don't have this type of errors anymore.

Nice!

Change it to 99 so we don't have this type of errors anymore.

Cant it has to be done in the dll (I think), but seeing below, i am wrong again:blush:

Really!? Well let me look at his file and trim it to 7.

and again

on Goodyislands i see strange message
BugUtil.getText - XML key TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_STONETHROWER not found

and i asked many times, do i need to ignore such message
WARN : EventSigns.addSign() was passed an invalid plot: <CvPythonExtensions.CyPlot object at 0x048385B0>

Nice!

Change it to 25 so we don't have this type of errors anymore.

correct

Cant it has to be done in the dll

not correct:mischief:. That is why it is a global define variable.

However the more there are the slower things may get and the more memory required since it has to make an array of that size for all buildings.

someone please answer to my questions....

The only error I am now getting is BUILDING_IRON_RECLAMATION_PLANT not found. I'll post the fixes to MrAzure's files discussed this morning to the SVN shortly.

and again

on Goodyislands i see strange message
BugUtil.getText - XML key TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_STONETHROWER not found

and i asked many times, do i need to ignore such message
WARN : EventSigns.addSign() was passed an invalid plot: <CvPythonExtensions.CyPlot object at 0x048385B0>

On your first one there, at first it looks like there's a missing text reference. Odd in and of itself but probably easily found or proven missing by doing a grep search through the text file. If missing, easily made. More likely, something would be wrong in the formatting perhaps.

But I suspect it may be more. That reference is talking about a goody ISLAND result of a STONE THROWER so I suspect that has something to do with the mechanism I think DH was working on that replaced the stone thrower result on islands with canoes or something to that extent. Is that still working? Is this error an indication of a problem in that section of code? I figured DH would see that and take a look...

On the second - some context is needed. When are you seeing this? This simply means that a message that pointed to a plot that was prompted by an event of some sort failed to properly deliver the plot which could be because of a problem anywhere in the generation of that message. It's not going to kill your game, just letting you know, "Um... I was supposed to tell you something about somewhere but something about it all just didn't make sense so I'll just tell you that I can't tell you whatever it was I was supposed to tell you." ;)

Repeatable CTD(USA1), just like before but i updated to current SVN; Mini inside zip

The minidump is a crash inside the EXE (so likely graphics). I cannot reproduce the CTD with latest SVN and this save.

The minidump is a crash inside the EXE (so likely graphics). I cannot reproduce the CTD with latest SVN and this save.

HUH, i have the latest SVn and its repeatable for me?? Infact i just tried and poof CTD. and i have 6238 SVN on it.

Can you pls go back all the way to when you left, and go from there for CTD's thx.

HUH, i have the latest SVn and its repeatable for me?? Infact i just tried and poof CTD. and i have 6238 SVN on it.

Can you pls go back all the way to when you left, and go from there for CTD's thx.

I'm not going to have time - I'm rather busy currently. If people post specific reproducible crashes though, I will try to find time to look at them over the next few days. Do you have any modules active that are not active by default? To try to reproduce your crash this is what I did:

1) Deleted by entire assets folder
2) Got the latest SVN and exported it without any modifications to where the deleted assets had been
3) Loaded your save and ended the turn

As such it should be COMPLETELY clean latest SVN, so unless you have local modifications or non-default modules turned on it should match.

I'm not going to have time - I'm rather busy currently. If people post specific reproducible crashes though, I will try to find time to look at them over the next few days. Do you have any modules active that are not active by default? To try to reproduce your crash this is what I did:

1) Deleted by entire assets folder
2) Got the latest SVN and exported it without any modifications to where the deleted assets had been
3) Loaded your save and ended the turn

As such it should be COMPLETELY clean latest SVN, so unless you have local modifications or non-default modules turned on it should match.

OK will try new SVN, but i have no modifications in my working copy what so ever:crazyeye:

OK did a completely new Assets and your right it went to next turn, HUH? I will be darned, i have been waiting since you left on this game arggggh:blush::blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom